Potential Yankee Killers...A's and, if not, the SF Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Potential Yankee Killers...A's and, if not, the SF Giants

I am a Sox, Pats (hate NY Giants as much as Yankees) & Celtic(hate Lakers as much as the Yankees)fan first but as I live in SF Bay area I'm a SF Giant Fan, A's & 49ers fan too. Was almost as excited with Giants today as I was with Sox in 2004 winning 4 in a row vs NY as SF too was unprecedented winning in a 5 game series, 3 in opponents' park. Need for A's to also win 3 in a row although it will not be as great a feat as they are on their home field. So, if Yankees get by O's, I want A's to take them out in Div series and, if not, the SF Giants to beat NY in the world series!

By the way, football I know, but hope Pats fans are rooting for 49ers this Sunday vs NY Giants who beat them in playoffs last year and, of course, beat Pats in their undefeated  season and then last year agan in the super bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Potential Yankee Killers...A's and, if not, the SF Giants

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am a Sox, Pats (hate NY Giants as much as Yankees) & Celtic(hate Lakers as much as the Yankees)fan first but as I live in SF Bay area I'm a SF Giant Fan, A's & 49ers fan too. Was almost as excited with Giants today as I was with Sox in 2004 winning 4 in a row vs NY as SF too was unprecedented winning in a 5 game series, 3 in opponents' park. Need for A's to also win 3 in a row although it will not be as great a feat as they are on their home field. So, if Yankees get by O's, I want A's to take them out in Div series and, if not, the SF Giants to beat NY in the world series!

By the way, football I know, but hope Pats fans are rooting for 49ers this Sunday vs NY Giants who beat them in playoffs last year and, of course, beat Pats in their undefeated  season and then last year agan in the super bowl.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry SF, if the Yankees have to take on the A's and the Giants after they beat Baltimore, Red Sox fans are going to have a miserable winter knowing the New Yorkers have won another WS. Oakland does not have the hitting nor the deep bullpen to beat New York and the Giants blow hot and cold.  Now I would love nothing better than to see the A's keep the Yankees out of the WS, but I think Detroit would have a better chance, and, in fact, I do not want to see the Yankees in the WS at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry SF, if the Yankees have to take on the A's and the Giants after they beat Baltimore, Red Sox fans are going to have a miserable winter knowing the New Yorkers have won another WS. Oakland does not have the hitting nor the deep bullpen to beat New York and the Giants blow hot and cold.  Now I would love nothing better than to see the A's keep the Yankees out of the WS, but I think Detroit would have a better chance, and, in fact, I do not want to see the Yankees in the WS at all.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, fred, which is why it will be a late game/night for me on the East Coast, rooting for Detroit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree, fred, which is why it will be a late game/night for me on the East Coast, rooting for Detroit.

[/QUOTE]

A little easier for me J BAY since I live in Southern California, but I  think Detroit put themselves in a rut by their inability to close the show last night.  The A's are hot and on a roll but they are not as talented as the Tigers.  I would have much confidence in the  Tigers taking on the Yankees than the Oaklanders but the  Tigers have to take care of business tonight.  I assume to live in the Boston area.  Load up on coffee if you drink the stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A little easier for me J BAY since I live in Southern California, but I  think Detroit put themselves in a rut by their inability to close the show last night.  The A's are hot and on a roll but they are not as talented as the Tigers.  I would have much confidence in the  Tigers taking on the Yankees than the Oaklanders but the  Tigers have to take care of business tonight.  I assume to live in the Boston area.  Load up on coffee if you drink the stuff.

[/QUOTE]

I'm in Southern Connecticut, where the state line is drawn in the sand dividing the yankee/sox fans. I have faith Verlander will get it done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm in Southern Connecticut, where the state line is drawn in the sand dividing the yankee/sox fans. I have faith Verlander will get it done.

[/QUOTE]

What did I tell you about the Reds J? They lost that series in game three because they simply cant hit the ball. Ive been saying that all summer, and once they lost game three--with the injury to Cueto--the whole thing unfolded exactly like common sense said it would. I can take losing with dignity, but these choke artists--the Sox last year and now the Reds--are not worth watching. If NYY and Stl both go to the series, I will not watch it either.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Reading this thread sounds like defending the Alamo.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

sorry guys.  we have seen this movie waaaaay too many times.  when yankees win games like last night a Worlds Championship is inevitable.  there is nothing anyone can do about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jaybay & Seabeachfred...I agree with you that I think Detroit has a better chance than the A's to beat the Yankees but I am emotionally as a fan rooting for the A's. But, and I don't have the stats but off the top of my head I don't think Cabrera has any RBIs and Prince Fielder hasn't done much better. So, they could get hot vs NY. And, of course, Verlander is a good bet to win 2 games and maybe 3 if there are some(Spahn & Sain) rainouts.

I also like the A's because of Sox alumni, Crisp, Reddick (32HRs)...monday morning QB I know but I'd rather have kept him that getting Bailey and then there is Moss & Kottarus.

SF Giants definitely can't match Yankees offense as theirs is probably the toughest 9 of any team in baseball...but, SF's pitching is better I think !

PS---I like Girardi and I am sorry his Dad passed and especially during these playoffs !!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sorry guys.  we have seen this movie waaaaay too many times.  when yankees win games like last night a Worlds Championship is inevitable.  there is nothing anyone can do about it.

[/QUOTE]

See 2001. They won two walk off games against Arizona, and lost the series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My Yankees will be in a zone tonight because of Girardi's fathers death. Watch the home runs starts flying out of there. Too bad about the Reds choking since they were my favorite team in the NL.

[/QUOTE]

Girardi's father died on Saturday. The team knew, it just wasn't announced to the media/public. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What did I tell you about the Reds J? They lost that series in game three because they simply cant hit the ball. Ive been saying that all summer, and once they lost game three--with the injury to Cueto--the whole thing unfolded exactly like common sense said it would. I can take losing with dignity, but these choke artists--the Sox last year and now the Reds--are not worth watching. If NYY and Stl both go to the series, I will not watch it either.  

[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the Reds, exam. Thought they'd bounce back. It's why they play the games and cant count any team out until they've recorded 27 outs. Washington walked off with a HR in the bottom of the ninth by jason Werth. It's just baseball. If and when someone, anyone can explain it, let me know. It's what makes it great and the best of all the sports, IMO. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

I was aware of that but when you first see the death notice of your Dads passing and it is made public then it becomes more real and sad.

[/QUOTE]

???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

I was aware of that but when you first see the death notice of your Dads passing and it is made public then it becomes more real and sad.

[/QUOTE]

Thats a stretch. I doubt Girardi cares that its now public, or that the announcement of it will motivate the team any more tonight than it did last night. If you win the series it will be because Baltimore is lousy in the PS. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

???

[/QUOTE]

Sentimental wishing from a NYY fan J.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is always good to have some post season experience.  The first timers tend to struggle a bit.  The Yankees are loaded with post season experience.  I honestly don't see anyone beating them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is always good to have some post season experience.  The first timers tend to struggle a bit.  The Yankees are loaded with post season experience.  I honestly don't see anyone beating them.

[/QUOTE]

STOP SAYING THAT!!!!;)))

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only way i could tolerate them winning is if they play Stl. And Im not so sure that no one can beat them, but if they win with as many holes as they have, its a testament to parody and a weak laegue. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

STOP SAYING THAT!!!!;)))

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the reverse psycology will work. Kind of like the opposite of that phony  " pessimistic " nonsense we see from Green Party Celt.  AKA Teilhardian.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

STOP SAYING THAT!!!!;)))

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the reverse psycology will work. Kind of like the opposite of that phony  " pessimistic " nonsense we see from Green Party Celt.  AKA Teilhardian.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, gale. I'm with ya there. 

Sections
Shortcuts