Practice Game Thread, RedSox@Yankees Game1 4-1 2013..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Practice Game Thread, RedSox@Yankees Game1 4-1 2013..

Ciriaco-SS

Victorino-RF

Pedroia-2B

Ortiz-DH

Middlebrooks-3B

Ellsbury-CF

Napoli-1B

Gomes-LF

Salty-C

Lester-P

Oops ^^^ Need To Work On This Part.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Practice Game Thread, RedSox@Yankees Game1 4-1 2013..

Jon Lester could regain ace status with David Ross behind the plate.

Given Jarrod Saltalamacchia's splits against lefthanders, I'd sit Saltalamaccia against CC Sabathia in favor of Ross, who has posted a .308/.375/.769/1.144 line with two homeruns in 13 career at-bats against Sabathia.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jon Lester could regain ace status with David Ross behind the plate.

Given Jarrod Saltalamacchia's splits against lefthanders, I'd sit Saltalamaccia against CC Sabathia in favor of Ross, who has posted a .308/.375/.769/1.144 line with two homeruns in 13 career at-bats against Sabathia.

[/QUOTE]

Good Point hill, I Got Rusty This Off Season......

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I'm thinking different looks of lineup facing Sabathia.

Victorino RF

Pedroia 2B

Middlebrooks 3B

Ortiz DH

Napoli 1B 

Ellsbury CF

Gomes LF

Salty C

Drew SS

SP: Doubront (wow.. I said Doubront for opening day starter.  This is just me but Doubront was dominant against the Yankees in 2012 season.  25 IP, 2.52 ERA for 4 starts against the Yankees, 1.20 WHIP more than a SO/Inning.  Opening day rotation for me would be Doub-Lester-Buch-Dempster-Lackey so that Lester, Buch, and Dempster would be the home openers)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This is practice?  OK here goes.

Nice pitch, Lester, you moron.  Game over.  Probably season over too, if he's going to pitch like this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To simulate a real gamethread, you will need expert advice from Andrewmitch, J-Bay, Examiner, T-Cal, and others. The missing ingredients this year will be the normal bashees, namely, BV, Crawbust, Beckhitt, the injured Ellspuff, Youk ( pretend injury), and Big Sloppy ( who is also faking injury). However you will still have Ellspuff ( healthy), Papi, and Salty to bash as the first sign of a mini-slump. The gamethreads are mucho fun for a certain type of "Red Sox fan". It takes all kinds, right? Farrell will be on a very short string and Bosox1941 will be ready to pounce. Andrewmitch will wait until they are behind to show up.

[/QUOTE]

I guess that includes you, pike, since you're on the gamethreads, every night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is practice?  OK here goes.

Nice pitch, Lester, you moron.  Game over.  Probably season over too, if he's going to pitch like this.

[/QUOTE]

You're in mid-season form! LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To simulate a real gamethread, you will need expert advice from Andrewmitch, J-Bay, Examiner, T-Cal, and others. The missing ingredients this year will be the normal bashees, namely, BV, Crawbust, Beckhitt, the injured Ellspuff, Youk ( pretend injury), and Big Sloppy ( who is also faking injury). However you will still have Ellspuff ( healthy), Papi, and Salty to bash as the first sign of a mini-slump. The gamethreads are mucho fun for a certain type of "Red Sox fan". It takes all kinds, right? Farrell will be on a very short string and Bosox1941 will be ready to pounce. Andrewmitch will wait until they are behind to show up.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He may be there, but I can understand why he doesn't have much fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He may be there, but I can understand why he doesn't have much fun.

[/QUOTE]

his intent is to try to make sure no one does, 4B's

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

OMG. I can't believe it's already April 1 and this team does not have it all together. What a disaster! What a bunch of losers. There's no way this team is ever going to get anywhere. Every team is better than them. We are going to be in last place this season. Time to think about 2014 and beyond. Anyone who doesn't see this must just be some bootlicker. I wish Josh Beckett was here so I can blame it on him. This team is so bad, I can't believe JD Drew is not on it! I can't believe how much damage Varitek has done just being on the last team. And don't get me started on Wakefield. Lester=Loser. How can we possibly go on? This is a nightmare.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ciriaco-SS

Victorino-RF

Pedroia-2B

Ortiz-DH

Middlebrooks-3B

Ellsbury-CF

Napoli-1B

Gomes-LF

Salty-C

Lester-P

[/QUOTE]

Are we assuming Drew is hurt already? A little uncharitable, don't you think? :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

did Buchholz get the win? :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OMG. I can't believe it's already April 1 and this team does not have it all together. What a disaster! What a bunch of losers. There's no way this team is ever going to get anywhere. Every team is better than them. We are going to be in last place this season. Time to think about 2014 and beyond. Anyone who doesn't see this must just be some bootlicker. I wish Josh Beckett was here so I can blame it on him. This team is so bad, I can't believe JD Drew is not on it! I can't believe how much damage Varitek has done just being on the last team. And don't get me started on Wakefield. Lester=Loser. How can we possibly go on? This is a nightmare.

[/QUOTE] LOL.. Kim, this definitely qualifies for green ink, or someone might think you've fallen and bumped your head :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] LOL.. Kim, this definitely qualifies for green ink, or someone might think you've fallen and bumped your head :-)

[/QUOTE]

I'm getting my practice in trying to blend in to the game threads. Don't give me away, Jete! :)

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As always, Pike addiing nothing to the conversation. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

TCal2, I will spend an hour reviewing your lengthy, cerebral, enlightening post and get back to you later tonight. It is great that you let it all out and got it off of your chest. Venting is good for you. The forum has missed you. It seems that you only come here to be on the gamethreads. Why is that? The Sox fans love your cryptic one-liners on the gamethreads. Yazzer has been asking for you. You can contact him at his Syracuse address.

[/QUOTE]

Keep up the good work.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ditto