Praise or Boorishness or... whatever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Praise or Boorishness or... whatever

I don't get it.

Really.

A large portion  of this board holds hard feelings against Tito and Theo.  Beacuse they didn't do enough.  

But we also hate Jangee fans  because thedy are entitled boors.

They slam the former Captain, cut the Knuckler, hammer the best DH ever - sure this is the yuear he will fall to the side (guess what, do it longf enough andc you will FINALLY be right ... but I count four seasons of Papi slammers)...

and no real praise.  Only, what can you do for me next.  Not season, but swing, flyball, ugly face ...

And this religion thread has made it clear to me...some of us cannot praise. Or won't.

And we'll jump down the throat of those who do.

Come on, guys, what is so wrong with someone who shows appreciation for something OTHER THAN HIMSELF?

We harange these pampered millionaires for being selfish ...

But when someone says thanks, or someone gives some credit elsewhere ....

BAM!  DUCK SHOOT

I'm in trouble ....not cuz of what I said, but I've spent too much time on this forum again ... the donuts are suffering.

D*mn you idiots for messing up my cool, self centered life ....

;op

You're in heap big trouble now, cuz I just started praying for you!!!!

Signing off, my fritters need me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Praise or Boorishness or... whatever

Nuts...

I apologize, I got so negative ...

I forgot to try to tell you that praise is a beautiful thing, a gracious thing, a thing that builds instead of tears down...

Or didn't the OP prove that...so little praise in it.

BTW, since 02/03, Idiot has been a term of endearment .....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Praise or Boorishness or... whatever:
    [QUOTE]Spot-on! Your commentary is worthy of praise! Great job!       
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Thanks '04!

Good play on ... the theme  :oD

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Nice sentiments, since Yaz...And very, very true...Now that I have praised your beneficent spirit, could I get get some of those donuts....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Nice sentiments, since yaz...And very, very true.....Now that I have praised your beneficent spirit, could I please get some of those donuts....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Nice sentiments, since yaz...And very, very true.....Now that I have praised your beneficent spirit, could I please get some of those donuts....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

HA!  I'd love to ...

Glazed or plain old fashioned?
       "        "   "      Cherry or Cherry Cordial (my own invention)
       "    Blueberry or Mixed Berry?
       "   Chocolate Cake .... or "death by Choc."?

Fritters, Sweet rolls, Cinnamon twists...

Or yeast donuts   

Glazed, Choc frosting, Van. frosting, sprinkles or not ... Headlights or whitewalls,  peanut butter...

or filled ...BOSTON CREAM,  Strrawberry shnortcake (anotrher original) coconut cream, blueberry, raspberry, lemon or strawberry filled...

Then there are the long johns or eclairs .....

We are out of season for apple crisp and pumpkin...... (3 varieties each)

Wish I could send them off!!!

Typing off of break so better run.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Praise or Boorishness or... whatever :   HA!  I'd love to ...  Glazed or plain old fashioned?    "        "   "      Cherry or Cherry Cordial (my own invention)    "    Blueberry or Mixed Berry?    "   Chocolate Cake .... or "death by Choc."?  Fritters, Sweet rolls, Cinnamon twists...   Or yeast donuts        Glazed, Choc frosting, Van. frosting, sprinkles or not ... Headlights or whitewalls,  peanut butter...    or filled ...BOSTON CREAM,  Strrawberry shnortcake (anotrher original) coconut cream, blueberry, raspberry, lemon or strawberry filled...    Then there are the long johns or eclairs .....   We are out of season for apple crisp and pumpkin...... (3 varieties each)    Wish I could send them off!!!    Typing off of break so better run.....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    OMG...All of the above!....Can you gain weight after reading a sports forum post???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Praise or Boorishness or... whatever : OMG...All of the above!....Can you gain weight after reading a sports forum post???
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

LOL

Dont think so - unless you eat your 'puter.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]This post has my
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Love the smile, Idiot!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

It has always bothered me when "fans" boo players simply for poor performance.  If a player is dogging it or otherwise doing the wrong thing, I can understand it.  But I think most players try their best most of the time.

We've all made mistakes or had bad days at work....maybe some people react better to abuse, but I think a huge majority would respond better to support, understanding and praise.  That's not to say a manager shouldn't be demanding of their players or staff, but I'll always remember the abuse Byung-Hyun Kim took from so many knuckleheads in the stands when he clearly was doing his best at a young age in stressful situations in a foreign culture.  Then when the young guy reacted and gave the finger to the crowd everyone went Helen Lovejoy over it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]It has always bothered me when "fans" boo players simply for poor performance.  If a player is dogging it or otherwise doing the wrong thing, I can understand it.  But I think most players try their best most of the time.
    We've all made mistakes or had bad days at work....maybe some people react better to abuse, but I think a huge majority would respond better to support, understanding and praise.  That's not to say a manager shouldn't be demanding of their players or staff, but I'll always remember the abuse Byung-Hyun Kim took from so many knuckleheads in the stands when he clearly was doing his best at a young age in stressful situations in a foreign culture.  Then when the young guy reacted and gave the finger to the crowd everyone went Helen Lovejoy over it. 
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

I only faintly remember the B-H K incident, but I totally agree with your first paragraph.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Agree with you 100% Yaz. That's why I've stayed off the "athletes and religion" thread. If I read it, I'd probably just get mad at the stupidity I'm convinced is on it. As for the criticism of ex-players, I don't totally get that either. It was time for Tito to go, but he did accomplish a lot when he was here. I don't get what good ripping him now does. But just give it some time, a few years from now a lot of those guys will be more equally and realistically appreciated. Get your praise on Yaz! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Praise or Boorishness or... whatever : OMG...All of the above!....Can you gain weight after reading a sports forum post???
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]So this is my idea for your sig when you lose our bet teilhardian. Boston Red Sox, best baseball team ever. Although I must confess I really love your current Mother Jones sig.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]It has always bothered me when "fans" boo players simply for poor performance.  If a player is dogging it or otherwise doing the wrong thing, I can understand it.  But I think most players try their best most of the time. We've all made mistakes or had bad days at work....maybe some people react better to abuse, but I think a huge majority would respond better to support, understanding and praise.  That's not to say a manager shouldn't be demanding of their players or staff, but I'll always remember the abuse Byung-Hyun Kim took from so many knuckleheads in the stands when he clearly was doing his best at a young age in stressful situations in a foreign culture.  Then when the young guy reacted and gave the finger to the crowd everyone went Helen Lovejoy over it. 
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Way too many people take it waay too seriously.  If we start Iggy at SS, I want him to do as well as he cam.  But it might not be that good.  Such is life.  I want Lincecum as our #5.  If by some chance BC can't land him, I'll root for whomever that guy is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Praise or Boorishness or... whatever : So this is my idea for your sig when you lose our bet teilhardian. Boston Red Sox, best baseball team ever. Although I must confess I really love your current Mother Jones sig.

We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest 

Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I will consult with my lawyer, carnie....I suspect my precocious 5 year old might also have something to say on the matter....But on the plus side, there is a masochistic, guilt-ridden Irish Catholic part of me that will probably take a sick pleasure in it, in the unlikely event the Yanks lose the season series....OMG, what am I saying!!! I need a therapist!!!!.....Holey moley, I forgot...I play one every day at work....

I hope you are happy now, carnie......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Praise or Boorishness or... whatever : I will consult with my lawyer, carnie....I suspect my precocious 5 year old might also have something to say on the matter....But on the plus side, there is a masochistic, guilt-ridden Irish Catholic part of me that will probably take a sick pleasure in it, in the unlikely event the Yanks lose the season series....OMG, what am I saying!!! I need a therapist!!!!.....Holey moley, I forgot...I play one every day at work....      I hope you are happy now, carnie......  
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]So what do you want my sig to be? It would be hard to part with Diderot, but somehow I don't think I'll have to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with you 100% Yaz. That's why I've stayed off the "athletes and religion" thread. If I read it, I'd probably just get mad at the stupidity I'm convinced is on it. As for the criticism of ex-players, I don't totally get that either. It was time for Tito to go, but he did accomplish a lot when he was here. I don't get what good ripping him now does. But just give it some time, a few years from now a lot of those guys will be more equally and realistically appreciated. Get your praise on Yaz! 
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

:o)

And I ain't waitin' for "Next Year"!

I posted somewhere else that if we pick up half the improvement Bobby made in year 1 Texas ... we're in like flint!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Praise or Boorishness or... whatever : So what do you want my sig to be? It would be hard to part with Diderot, but somehow I don't think I'll have to.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I will need at least a day to think about it....Maybe two....Three possible candidates: 
    1)"Would you buy a used encylopedia from a mentally challenged encyclopedist...?"...Nah...Lame

Gotta be a way to merge baseball and philosophy...Maybe 
    2) "A Red Sox fan is like a secular humanist...They never die of a broken heart.  They just worry themselves to death" (Diderot died of GI problems, FWIW)...

Or maybe one best suited for "Nietzsche is Peachy" Moon who is wisely not in this little wager like carnie is...
    3) "A Red Sox fan is like a nihilist...To both of them, NOTHING is sacred!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts