Pedroia 2B

Ortiz DH

Napoli 1B

Carp LF

Sizemore CF

Bogaerts SS

Pierzynski C

Middlebrooks 3B

Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (15-8, 3.75 in 2013).

ORIOLES (85-77)

TBA

Pitching: RHP Chris Tillman (16-7, 3.71).

Game time: 3:05 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN, ESPN2 / WEEI.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Pre and Post Game Discussion Thread

Ken Rosenthal      

Red Sox put Victorino on DL, Bradley on roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Dan Roche          

Bumped into David Ortiz and Jackie Bradley, Jr here - Bradley, Jr a big smile on his face as he said hello - wonder why

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

A look at Camden Yards, ready for Red Sox-Orioles this afternoon. (Photo by Jim Davis/Globe Staff)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DAD & BILL-806 are with you all.....   Best day of the year (FRIDAY at home is the best).......  The GOVERNMENT continues to hold DAD & B-806 at bay........  Our thoughts are with you all !!!!     GO SOX  !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Thanks for the lineup.

Five lefties against the righty starter, but no way Pedroia, Napoli, Bogaerts, and Middlebrooks are not in that lineup.  My prediction would be the 5 thru 9 positions generate the most offense. 

Bradley is available, but right now he is the second designated non-hitter (excluding pitchers of course) on the roster. The other is Herrera.

With Lester starting, one assumes the Orioles righty hitters are the bigger threat, which theoretically means less business in RF for Nava. 

A lot of experts predicting the Rays win the AL East, but the Sox, Orioles, and Yankees are likely to be in the hunt. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The only change I would make is to put Bradley in right, Nava in left. Carp on the bench. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The only change I would make is to put Bradley in right, Nava in left. Carp on the bench. 

PlayJBJ#

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

anyone gonna be in the chat for todays game??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

I would be, but I got no link thisyear. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I think most of us will be, mef. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I would be, but I got no link thisyear. 

same one as last year, hugh. Did you save it? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham

Farrell said Victorino has a Grade 1 hamstring strain. Red Sox will know more in 7-10 days. Sounds unlikely he'll be ready when eligible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham  

Red Sox taking BP. Park starting to fill up.

View image on Twitter  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I would be, but I got no link thisyear. 

same one as last year, hugh. Did you save it? 

Yes I do.  Now I got to go put it into hyperdrive and try to get outta work early!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from winslow1191. Show winslow1191's posts

Will there be a game thread? If so, where?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

My take on the game is the obvious one. Good outing by Lester. He deserved a better fate. Strong debut for Sizemore. The bad news: Absolutey feeble offense. No hitting with RISP. Costly  baserunning blunder by Carp came back to bite. Not the best way to start the season.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

could not hit with runners in scoring position.  Think we were 0/8, lots of loud outs but nothing to show for it.

In other news, at least 5 posters in here have given up on the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Listening to the Baltimore news here...  Orioles are going undefeated, well, the enthusiasm is there!!  Actually, after one game, all the fans say this is a playoff team. Watch them get blown out the next two games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

My take on the game is the obvious one. Good outing by Lester. He deserved a better fate. Strong debut for Sizemore. The bad news: Absolutey feeble offense. No hitting with RISP. Costly  baserunning blunder by Carp came back to bite. Not the best way to start the season.

Danny, you usually read my mind...me concerned?... Since last winter... Posted about it and got crushed!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Listening to the Baltimore news here...  Orioles are going undefeated, well, the enthusiasm is there!!  Actually, after one game, all the fans say this is a playoff team. Watch them get blown out the next two games.

I think they could be a playoff team, they are my sleeper pick to make it too the WS.  If their young pitching steps up they will be a very dangerous team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Danny, you usually read my mind...me concerned?... Since last winter... Posted about it and got crushed!

I also got crushed for stating that I thought our off season moves, or lack of same, left much to be desired.  Hopefully, Sizemore can stay healthy and productive. That would help. But this is a very tough division. You have to try and stay ahead of the competition. I don't think we did that. If we get off to a rocky start, it could spell trouble. The four games in New York will be interesting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It's obviously depressing to lose the first game, but there were some positives.

Sizemore looks healthy, and like he hasn't lost a step or his swing.  The pitching looked good. The players put some good wood on the ball but just hit a lot a balls right at people, the wind knocked a few down and they couldn't string back to back hits.  They still worked counts and made the pitchers work.  They won't go 0-8 with RISP every day.  This team will win some games.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts