2-Victorino

3-Pedroia

4-Ortiz

5-Napoli

6-Middlebrooks

7-Gomes

8-Drew-Ciriaco

9-Ross

The hip of Napoli has caused me to lose hope we will play Napoli at catcher and trade Salt. This also makes me less convinced we will trade for a good LF-1st basemen Lefty.

Ross should hit 9th if Drew plays SS. This way its a little better left-right left thing 7-8-9-1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: Predict a lineup

The Red Soxlineup should score runs if  Napoli stayshealthy...But  what about  the pitching...Biggest question mark, monsieur...Then  again, that BP might be a strength...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

I also think Ellsbury would be a great #3 especially when we platoon Victorino at the lead off spot against LH. Against RH pitching I slot Ellsbury #1 and Victorino #9. 

I don't like a set lineup. Guys should be able to function if they are moved around in the lineup. It's a team right! Not some group of egos which need to be stroked. We need more "team" and fewer "egos".

Victorino has historically had bad splits against RH pitching. I'm sorry but he hits #8 or 9 in my lineup every day he is up against a RH starter. Why in heck would we give him more AB than any other offensive player on the team against RH starters? I'm assuming Lavarnway and Iglesias start the year in AAA.

Moon has some good thoughts here. He's right. They will not do what they should do. I think I move people around a little but his concept is similar to mine:

What they should do...

vs RHPs       vs LHPs

1)           Ellsbury/Victorino

2)           Pedey

3)           Ortiz/Ellsbury

4)           Napoli/Ortiz

5)        Middlebrooks

6)       Nava/Gomes 

7)      Drew/Napoli  

8)     Salty/Ross

9)       Victorino/Drew

The above is based mainly on career splits, which I think we are going to see more emphasis on going forward. Team management will be done more according to the math this year, than Tito's buddy/buddy approach.

Not bad, boom....second only to my line-ups... LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Sub Lava for Salty in all these lineups; expecting a monster spring from Lava & a Salty trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

I also think Ellsbury would be a great #3 especially when we platoon Victorino at the lead off spot against LH. Against RH pitching I slot Ellsbury #1 and Victorino #9. 

I don't like a set lineup. Guys should be able to function if they are moved around in the lineup. It's a team right! Not some group of egos which need to be stroked. We need more "team" and fewer "egos".

Victorino has historically had bad splits against RH pitching. I'm sorry but he hits #8 or 9 in my lineup every day he is up against a RH starter. Why in heck would we give him more AB than any other offensive player on the team against RH starters? I'm assuming Lavarnway and Iglesias start the year in AAA.

Moon has some good thoughts here. He's right. They will not do what they should do. I think I move people around a little but his concept is similar to mine:

What they should do...

vs RHPs       vs LHPs

1)           Ellsbury/Victorino

2)           Pedey

3)           Ortiz/Ellsbury

4)           Napoli/Ortiz

5)        Middlebrooks

6)       Nava/Gomes 

7)      Drew/Napoli  

8)     Salty/Ross

9)       Victorino/Drew

The above is based mainly on career splits, which I think we are going to see more emphasis on going forward. Team management will be done more according to the math this year, than Tito's buddy/buddy approach.

Not bad, boom....second only to my line-ups... LOL!

I'm ok with that Moon! I'll take it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Moon, I'm moving guys ALL OVER THE PLACE. NO WAY MY LINEUP MIX HAPPENS but drill down into the splits and mathmatically it would produce more runs than just about any other lineup in my opinion. Some of these guys have extreme splits. We are looking at quite a few platoons IMO. 

Nava

Gomes

Victorino

Salty

Drew

This could be a different type of "team" this year with more platooning and a more mathematical approach to generating runs. I hope it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Victorino - Pedroia - Ellsbury - Napoli - Ortiz - Middlebrooks - Salty - Gomes - Drew

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Personally, I dont like to see 1000 different lineups every year. Maybe mees with the 7-8-9 spots, but the 1-6 should pretty much be set.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

I'm going to wait on my lineup projections, until the first month of the season reveals the DL members from Ellsbury, Ortiz, Napoli, Shane and Drew. I gurantee there will be lot of DL time between these guys.

Anyone hear if Napoli deal has been signed.

Also, still time to trade Ellsbury.

So you'll predict a lineup after it's already been set? Brilliant. Maybe you really are a lawyer...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

I'm going to wait on my lineup projections, until the first month of the season reveals the DL members from Ellsbury, Ortiz, Napoli, Shane and Drew. I gurantee there will be lot of DL time between these guys.

Anyone hear if Napoli deal has been signed.

Also, still time to trade Ellsbury.

So you'll predict a lineup after it's already been set? Brilliant. Maybe you really are a lawyer...

11. This post has been removed.