Predict Francona's Record as Indians manager...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Predict Francona's Record as Indians manager...

This thread is geo's idea of finally getting over the subject of Francona and the "nonesense" ?  lol

At least the St. Francona nonsense will now be over... georom4
    1/23/2013
    4:07 PM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Congratulations to Georom!  He has now officially moved past Softy's obsession with Ellsbury in dim-witted, repetitive non-sense to set the all-time record for dim-witted repetitive non-sense*

*No disrespect to Bosox41, who only misses the cut by virtue of falling off the map since Tito's departure.

I'm here, not much to talk about. It's like comedians who made fun of G.W. Without his buffoonery, there's not much to talk about. Francona certainly supplied us with lots of material.

Bobby's gone and that disappoints me. I have no feeling about Farrell yet. Although he did work under Francona, and that doesn't bode well for the Sox. lol

Just curious Bosox, since you never really piped up about it, but wondering if you care to expound on Valentine's horrible game management last year.  I mean, you certainly can't use your "the win in spite of" mantra from the Tito days, since the Sox didn't do much winning under him.  But, wondering if his buffoonery was different from Frnacona's buffoonery in the eyes of Bosox41 ... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

It was hard to dislike Tito... but for the last 3 years he wa shere I found it unbearable to watch him manage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Congratulations to Georom!  He has now officially moved past Softy's obsession with Ellsbury in dim-witted, repetitive non-sense to set the all-time record for dim-witted repetitive non-sense*

*No disrespect to Bosox41, who only misses the cut by virtue of falling off the map since Tito's departure.

I'm here, not much to talk about. It's like comedians who made fun of G.W. Without his buffoonery, there's not much to talk about. Francona certainly supplied us with lots of material.

Bobby's gone and that disappoints me.

Valentine supplied everyone with more material in one year than Francona did in eight.  Valentine was a nutjob who never should have been hired and who will never get another MLB managing job.  Good to see you're still supporting him though.  You really know how to pick 'em. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

don, stop whining

not whining ,Just shakeing my head. Since you want to predict ... How many more years before Pats win a superbowl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response  to SpacemanEephus' comment: Just curious Bosox, since you never really piped up about it, but wondering if you care to expound on Valentine's horrible game management last year.  I mean, you certainly can't use your "the win in spite of" mantra from the Tito days, since the Sox didn't do much winning under him.  But, wondering if his buffoonery was different from Frnacona's buffoonery in the eyes of Bosox41 ... 

Cue the crickets.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bobby's gone and that disappoints me. I have no feeling about Farrell yet. Although he did work under Francona, and that doesn't bode well for the Sox. lol

Bobby V's season could have been the worst single season a manager has ever had. He was a clown off they field and a terrible in game manager. How can you miss that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Bobby V's season could have been the worst single season a manager has ever had. He was a clown off they field and a terrible in game manager. How can you miss that.

To paraphrase Paul Simon, a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

To paraphrase Paul Simon, a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.

That was the question at the end of the day.  Not whether he was the worst coach in BB, but whether it was the single worst coaching job in history.  The fact that 1941 loves Valentineis quite apropos.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

.440 in Philly

.574 in Boston

Have at it....Indians 68-94 in 2012

I don't know but I wish that Tito were still managing the Sox. Farrell was a good pitching coach but I'm not sold on him as a manager yet. As fr as players, neither Toti nor Farrell has the level of talent they need.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

Should be better then royals but Mott as good as white sox

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, this is a silly question because it implies that wins would have something to do with Francona.  But, as we know, wins are in spite of Francona.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Well, this is a silly question because it implies that wins would have something to do with Francona.  But, as we know, wins are in spite of Francona.

But, as you pointed out earlier, there surely was no winning in spite of  Valentine last  year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Just curious Bosox, since you never really piped up about it, but wondering if you care to expound on Valentine's horrible game management last year.  I mean, you certainly can't use your "the win in spite of" mantra from the Tito days, since the Sox didn't do much winning under him.  But, wondering if his buffoonery was different from Frnacona's buffoonery in the eyes of Bosox41 ... 

Well since you asked, I'm one of the few, if any, that think the Sox should have brought Bobby V. back. Of course in my mind a monkey would have been a better manager than Francona. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

It was hard to dislike Tito... but for the last 3 years he wa shere I found it unbearable to watch him manage.

Just the last 3 years?????   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well since you asked, I'm one of the few, if any, that think the Sox should have brought Bobby V. back. Of course in my mind a monkey would have been a better manager than Francona. lol

Ah, true to form Bosox, true to form.  Good to know some things don't change.  Maybe I can rephrase based on your non-answer:  Is there a monkey in the jungle somewhere that could have been a worse manager than Valentine?  I bet most monkeys could remember the line-up they wrote.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My prediction for the AL Central in 2013

Tigers         94-68

White Sox   86-76

Royals        82-80

Indians       80-82

Twins         70-92

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Ah, true to form Bosox, true to form.  Good to know some things don't change.  Maybe I can rephrase based on your non-answer:  Is there a monkey in the jungle somewhere that could have been a worse manager than Valentine?  I bet most monkeys could remember the line-up they wrote.  

They'd also know if the opposing pitcher was right or left handed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I pointed this out long ago, that 1941 would rather go 69-93 with another manager, than to win 90+ with Tito.  Losing doesn't bother 1941.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

71-91

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I say they go 70-92

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Always fun to see some of the golden oldies.

That's 3 WSC's in the last 9 non-Valentine years.

Still digging on Valentine?

Sections
Shortcuts