Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

Hey everyone   :)

Predict the AL East standings for 2013.

I think for the first time since 2000, no team in the AL East will win 90 games since all five teams will be beating each other up.

I still think that two teams from the AL East will make the playoffs.  So I pick Toronto to win the division and Boston to earn a wild card berth (I think Detroit will win the AL Central, Oakland will win the AL West, and the Angels will earn a wild card berth).  

Toronto 89-73

Boston  87-75

Yankees 86-76

Tampa Bay 84-78

Baltimore 81-81

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

Toronto

Tampa

Boston

Baltimore

and way way way baaaack - New York

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Bos ( I'm optimistic)

Tor

TB

Yanks

Balt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Hey everyone   :)

Predict the AL East standings for 2013.

I think for the first time since 2000, no team in the AL East will win 90 games since all five teams will be beating each other up.

I still think that two teams from the AL East will make the playoffs.  So I pick Toronto to win the division and Boston to earn a wild card berth (I think Detroit will win the AL Central, Oakland will win the AL West, and the Angels will earn a wild card berth).  

Toronto 89-73

Boston  87-75

Yankees 86-76

Tampa Bay 84-78

Baltimore 81-81

Two observations.

Last season Boston and Toronto --clubs at the top of these projections -- had two of baseball's nine worst records. The projections show a 24-game improvement from the AL East's cumulative record in 2012.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Cream puff. I believe the Sox will be lagging behind the entire division. Every other team improved in the off season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The word is myopic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Toronto, TB, Balt, NY, Bos. Balt may do better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Vegas Odds

All Times Eastern Odds to win the 2013 World Series  Odds Arizona Diamondbacks 50/1   Atlanta Braves 12/1   Baltimore Orioles 40/1   Boston Red Sox 28/1   Chicago Cubs 100/1   Chicago White Sox 40/1   Cincinnati Reds 14/1   Cleveland Indians 75/1   Colorado Rockies 100/1   Detroit Tigers 9/1   Houston Astros 200/1   Kansas City Royals 50/1   Los Angeles Angels 9/1   Los Angeles Dodgers 8/1   Miami Marlins 100/1   Milwaukee Brewers 35/1   Minnesota Twins 100/1   New York Mets 100/1   New York Yankees 14/1   Oakland Athletics 30/1   Philadelphia Phillies 18/1   Pittsburgh Pirates 50/1   San Diego Padres 75/1   San Francisco Giants 12/1   Seattle Mariners 75/1   St. Louis Cardinals 22/1   Tampa Bay Rays 25/1   Texas Rangers 14/1   Toronto Blue Jays 7/1   Washington Nationals 8/1   Handle (Suspended) 1/1  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Vegas really likes the Blue Jays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Cream puff. I believe the Sox will be lagging behind the entire division. Every other team improved in the off season.

There's a shocker troll.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

There's a shocker troll.

Trying to police the forum? The fraternity is permitted to do it but others are not? Is that the story here?

I've never been in a fraternity in my life. To quote Groucho, I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member. And GEAUX-TIGRES is a troll. He's been trolling ever since he's been coming here. He trolls the Patriots board too.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Vegas Odds

All Times Eastern Odds to win the 2013 World Series  Odds Arizona Diamondbacks 50/1   Atlanta Braves 12/1   Baltimore Orioles 40/1   Boston Red Sox 28/1   Chicago Cubs 100/1   Chicago White Sox 40/1   Cincinnati Reds 14/1   Cleveland Indians 75/1   Colorado Rockies 100/1   Detroit Tigers 9/1   Houston Astros 200/1   Kansas City Royals 50/1   Los Angeles Angels 9/1   Los Angeles Dodgers 8/1   Miami Marlins 100/1   Milwaukee Brewers 35/1   Minnesota Twins 100/1   New York Mets 100/1   New York Yankees 14/1   Oakland Athletics 30/1   Philadelphia Phillies 18/1   Pittsburgh Pirates 50/1   San Diego Padres 75/1   San Francisco Giants 12/1   Seattle Mariners 75/1   St. Louis Cardinals 22/1   Tampa Bay Rays 25/1   Texas Rangers 14/1   Toronto Blue Jays 7/1   Washington Nationals 8/1   Handle (Suspended) 1/1  

Toronto is a 7/1 odd?!?  I guess Vegas is now run by Canadians.  LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Vegas Odds

That's quite good, buit they look good. I was a little surprised myself; also, apparently the RS are better than I thought, and the NYM worse. I believe NYY are overrated;  they have problems this yr; must be like the Jeter GG. RS may be a little overrated as well. I'm shocked Balt is perceived so badly; they could be a powerhouse IMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Vegas Odds

That's quite good, buit they look good. I was a little surprised myself; also, apparently the RS are better than I thought. I believe NYY are overrated;  must be like the Jeter GG. RS may be a little overrated as well. I'm shocked Balt is perceived so badly; they could be a powerhouse IMO.

their record in 1 run games was ungodly, no way they sustain that (the O's)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Vegas Odds

That's quite good, buit they look good. I was a little surprised myself; also, apparently the RS are better than I thought. I believe NYY are overrated;  must be like the Jeter GG. RS may be a little overrated as well. I'm shocked Balt is perceived so badly; they could be a powerhouse IMO.

their record in 1 run games was ungodly, no way they sustain that (the O's)

They appear to be on the (major) upswing; good teams do that. The SP last yr was their achilles heel, and that looks better going forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Baltimore was 29-9 in one-run games last season.  I think they will be 15-15 in one-run games this season.  LOL

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Why would Farell voluntarily leave a team with 7/1 odds to win the WS for a team with 28/1 odds?

Why would the Red Sox hire a manager away from a team that got better after the manager left?

Besides the money?