Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

Talk about your bad signings. I'll try to make a couple of games in Boston, but I'll be going to more Sea Dogs games most likely. Especially when they play Trenton. Going to ST games would be almost worth putting up with all the strip malls in Fla. :-)

LOL, I trade the strip malls for the weather, 20 degrees and snowing just ain't for me.

I live in the Ft Lauderdale area, sadly, all the teams have moved their ST facilities away from this part of FL.

I have to either take a 2 hr ride north to PSL, or a two hour ride over to Ft Meyers.

I have made the trip up to Tampa a few times.

Last year I didn't make it to The Stadium, but did catch the Yanks in Miami at the end of ST, and in Baltimore and TX during the regular season.

Contemplating trying to catch them at the end of ST in DC this year, haven't been to the park yet.

I like going to ST, gets the juices flowing. And no, I'm not referring to arod!!

[/QUOTE]

That would be a heat wave this time of year. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Talk about your bad signings. I'll try to make a couple of games in Boston, but I'll be going to more Sea Dogs games most likely. Especially when they play Trenton. Going to ST games would be almost worth putting up with all the strip malls in Fla. :-)

LOL, I trade the strip malls for the weather, 20 degrees and snowing just ain't for me.

I live in the Ft Lauderdale area, sadly, all the teams have moved their ST facilities away from this part of FL.

I have to either take a 2 hr ride north to PSL, or a two hour ride over to Ft Meyers.

I have made the trip up to Tampa a few times.

Last year I didn't make it to The Stadium, but did catch the Yanks in Miami at the end of ST, and in Baltimore and TX during the regular season.

Contemplating trying to catch them at the end of ST in DC this year, haven't been to the park yet.

I like going to ST, gets the juices flowing. And no, I'm not referring to arod!!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, U saying this is the ultimate PED damnation of him, who's approaching Lance Armstrong territory, and who at least finally admitted it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

if he SOX and orioles fight it out for the cellar, does that mean you'll have to relocate your computer?

LOL, that's a good one!!

Did you come up with that all by yourself or did you get your older sister to help you out again?

[/QUOTE]

I don't have a sister; the dialogue has predictably veered toward the infantile.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Maybe, but after losing Shields and more than likely Price next season how long do you really think their pitching and manager will hold a weak lineup together without going through another rebuilding process?  They got a good young player for Shields but they won't improve much as a team if they lose reliable pitching in favor of trying to improve the lineup.    

I say they leave Tampa within two or three years!

I agree with some of what you are saying, but again, the question was about 2013's standings, not 2-3 years down the road.

+1

I was thinking the same thing. And don't ever count Madden out.

I think Shields veteran presence will be greatly missed more than Myers and company will help next season.  If Moore struggles again they could really be in trouble, especially if Price ends up leaving next season. 

The good picks Tampa made after many losing seasons are beginning to fade, on the pitching front anyway.  Tough to build a good offense and keep a solid staff on a team with limited resources.  Being sold may come before you ever see them have the same success again. 

Well, they led MLB in TEAM ERA by a TON (Wash was 2nd), including ALL NL teams (no DH), so I have absolutely NOidea what you're talking about.

Top 5 in TEAM ERA in 2012:

TB 3.19

Wash 3.33

LAD 3.34

Cin 3.34

BTW, Bos was 29th, at 4.70.

Your post is beyond ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

My bet is Tampa takes a step backwards the next two or three years.  I think trading Davis and Shields was a huge risk for a team with little offense "short term" anyway. 

Hopefully Moore, or another youngster can mature quickly because I don't see Price staying, or the young pitching on the farm being what is once was.  2012's ERA has no impact on 2013 until proven.

Time will tell!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I don't have a sister; the dialogue has predictably veered toward the infantile.  

Never claimed you had a sister.

In fact, if I had to guess, judging from your posts I would say you were an only child.

However, like you said, I can't (nor do I care to) change what you believe in; I just know the board shall improve yet again soon .. at least for a little while, until the next incantation; are you up to a thousand yet?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Facts about me.

I had 2 brothers. One is deceased.

I 've been a NYY fan since '61; as a 7 yr old, I was fascinated by the Mantle-Maris baseball cards; & the TOPPS gum.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Facts about me.

I had 2 brothers. One is deceased.

I 've been a NYY fan since '61; as a 7 yr old, I was fascinated by the Mantle-Maris baseball cards; & the TOPPS gum.

That's one of the beautiful things about the internet, we can all pretend to be anything.

Yup.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

However, like you said, I can't (nor do I care to) change what you believe in; I just know the board shall improve yet again soon .. at least for a little while, until the next incantation; are you up to a thousand yet?

That's great, but again, I never claimed you had a sister, so I don't understand your previous post.

And, BTW, it's incarnation, not incantation.

I was talking the last several posts, and not the sister thing 

And No,  I'm not surprised you didn't understand the difference between these 2 similar words. I even expected this response. Hook, line, & sinker. Go look it up, Professor. LMAO.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

you 2 bicker like an old married couple. CUT IT OUT *shakes fist*

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My bet is Tampa takes a step backwards the next two or three years.  I think trading Davis and Shields was a huge risk for a team with little offense "short term" anyway. 

Hopefully Moore, or another youngster can mature quickly because I don't see Price staying, or the young pitching on the farm being what is once was.  2012's ERA has no impact on 2013 until proven.

Time will tell!

People said the same thing when they lost Crawford, Soriano and about the rest of their whole bullpen a couple years ago.

The Rays trade and lose plyers to free agency on a regular basis, but the prospects they get in retrurn continously replenish the losses. The Rays have several young players from deals and supp draft picks made years ago (Kazmir, Garza, Bartlett, etc...) that came up last year and will come up this year, some include:

SP Alex Cobb & Chris Archer #1 prospect (Niemann will probably be one starter to replace Shields) and maybe farther away, Colome, Odorizzi, Montgomery and Torres.

RP Jake McGee, Brandon Gomes, Roberto Hernandez, Cesar Ramos, Dane De La Rosa, Josh Luke, Frank se los Santos

CF Desmond Jennings

LF Brandon Guyer

C Lobaton, Chirinos, Gimenez

2B Tim Beckham

Yes, time will tell, but I think the Rays will hardly miss a beat this year.

Other top prospects:

2) Taylor Guerrieri  SP  20

3) Hak-Ju Lee  SS  22

4) Enny Romero  SP 22

5) Josh Sale  OF  21

6) Alex Colome SP  24

7) Drew Vettleson  OF  21

8) Mikie Mahtook  OF  23

9) Richie Shaffer  3B  22

10) Tyler Goeddel  3B 20

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This is still a potent rotation:

1) 26 D.  Price     20-5  2.56  1.100

2) 25 Hellickson  10-11  3.10 1.254

3) 23 M Moore     11-11 3.81  1.348

4) 29 J Niemann     2-3  3.08  1.105 ('11  11-7  1.241 as SP)

5) 24 Alex Cobb    11-9  4.03  1.247

6) 23 Chris Archer  1-3  4.60  1.227

Look at the ages of these guys!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Shocking, although improving; only a 37 game swing between Balt & Bos here.

16 of those games is simply expecting equal luck. Not so much to ask is it? As for the other 21, improved chemistry, health, and the addition of nearly 10 quality players makes up the rest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

Shocking, although improving; only a 37 game swing between Balt & Bos here.

16 of those games is simply expecting equal luck. Not so much to ask is it? As for the other 21, improved chemistry, health, and the addition of nearly 10 quality players makes up the rest.

not to mention the lack of any work to the Baltimore roster. Their 2012 season was truly magical... but they've done virtually nothing to their roster and i don't expect them to even sniff .500

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Except beckett is a lot better than dempster.

Not true.