Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

This thread has had a few twists & turns

Notice how the forum is running a lot smoother without pike.

Anyone else notice that since pike has been banned that kimsaysthis hasn't been around?

Coincidence?

I really don't think they're the same person. Kim is a lot more confrontational than pike. pike seems to come from the Bobby Valentine school of confrontation. That being said, she does seem to have a pretty healthy supply of pike pills.

Pike will be back under a different name. Though he could be annoying sometimes, I don't think he deserved to be banned.

Pike set up another screen name, and followed everyone around telling them how to post, who to respond to, who's an alias of another and hijacking most threads. It gets old. That's not for any poster to say or do. He's looking for attention, even if it's negative. He will be back, but highly doubt he'll heed the warning 

As far as the ALE standings, it will come down to health of key players and pitching, starters and relievers, generally speaking

While I think the RS shall be better, going 80-112 in your last 192 is not a good sign. Who knows, maybe they'll win 100 games going forward; you never know in BB.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Of course I do!  In a different lifetime, I was a huge Lackey basher just like you.  It seems that the RS have decided to give him another go, so I'm simply jumping on board of the Lackey bandwagon before it runs me over.

I'm gonna give BLIND optimism a whirl???  What the heck!  Why not?  What the hell :)  I'd even resign Dice-K for a cool 15 Million / yr.  If Lackey can win 15, Dice-K can nail down 18 for us. 

I'm not bashing him, merely stating the facts. Couple that with his career #'s at fenway and I see it as being very difficult for him to win 15 games.

But you stick with the blind homerism if that's what blows your skirt up.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  :)  I know it's before noon here on the west coast, but it's 1:00 p.m. back on the Right coast isn't it? 

I guess I need to be a bit more obvious when typing with my tongue firmly sutured to my inner cheek???

Wake up time!  :)  Good morning gentlemen! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

[QUOTE]

Toronto, TB, Balt, NY, Bos. Balt may do better.

[/QUOTE

Damn i hate to hell to do this but i have to agree with a YANKEE FAN ON THIS 100% RIGHT ON .

Sox just have way to many holes to predict them as some have to win the ALE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I love the fact that we are coming into this ST with a hodgepodge of C listers needing to make a show.  I say we benefit from the game of LOW EXPECTATIONS!  & my expectations couldn't be lower. 

If nothing else, I'm gonna have fun rooting for a bunch of guys who who aren't coming in with outrageous expectations, i.e.  CC, A-Gon, Beckett, Dice-K, J.D. Drew, yada yada yada

Happy to turn the page! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I think out pitching will far outperform expectations & our bats will carry us through the rough outings.

AL EAST

1st    Boston  (I just have this feeling)  To my astonishment, even Lackey has a decent year. :)  He's a lucky basstred & gets big run support.  Wins 15 games?  Seriously?  Yep :)

2nd  NYY

3rd   TOR

4th   TB

5th   BAL

lackey has only won 15 or more games once in his career despite playing for the Angels, who pretty much dominated their division while he was there.

Now you expect him to win 15 coming off major arm surgery?

Of course I do!  In a different lifetime, I was a huge Lackey basher just like you.  It seems that the RS have decided to give him another go, so I'm simply jumping on board of the Lackey bandwagon before it runs me over.

I'm gonna give BLIND optimism a whirl???  What the heck!  Why not?  What the hell :)  I'd even resign Dice-K for a cool 15 Million / yr.  If Lackey can win 15, Dice-K can nail down 18 for us. 

18 wins? That's good for anybody, even a HOFer. That is ALOT of wins, and maybe a half dozen pitchers every season reach that pinnacle; also, he hasn't won 18 in the last 4 yrs combined; beyond unrealistic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I love the fact that we are coming into this ST with a hodgepodge of C listers needing to make a show.  I say we benefit from the game of LOW EXPECTATIONS!  & my expectations couldn't be lower. 

If nothing else, I'm gonna have fun rooting for a bunch of guys who who aren't coming in with outrageous expectations, i.e.  CC, A-Gon, Beckett, Dice-K, J.D. Drew, yada yada yada

Happy to turn the page! 

That is, if CC, A-Gon, & Beckett were still on the team. 1st you claim they shall finish 1st, then claim low expectations. I can only imagine what high ones would be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think out pitching will far outperform expectations & our bats will carry us through the rough outings.

AL EAST

1st    Boston  (I just have this feeling)  To my astonishment, even Lackey has a decent year. :)  He's a lucky basstred & gets big run support.  Wins 15 games?  Seriously?  Yep :)

2nd  NYY

3rd   TOR

4th   TB

5th   BAL

lackey has only won 15 or more games once in his career despite playing for the Angels, who pretty much dominated their division while he was there.

18 wins? That's good for anybody, even a HOFer. That is ALOT of wins, and maybe a half dozen pitchers every season reach that pinnacle; also, he hasn't won 18 in the last 4 yrs combined; beyond unrealistic

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic there. :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Maybe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

AL EAST

2nd  NYY

3rd   TOR

4th   TB

5th   BAL

So?  The tongue in cheek statement didn't clear it up, so I'll go for hyperbole & see if that does it.

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT LACKEY WILL BE THE CY YOUNG WINNER!  HE IS WAY WAY WAY OVERDUE!!!  THE SOX WILL RE-SIGN DICE-K & THEY WILL BATTLE FOR THE CY YOUNG.  LACKEY WINS 25 GAMES & DICE-K PICKS UP A COOL 23.  LACKEY HAS A 2.01 ERA & DICE-K RIGHT BEHIND HIM WITH A 2.32.  #1 & #2 IN THE MLB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

AL EAST

2nd  NYY

3rd   TOR

4th   TB

5th   BAL

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic there. :-)

;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Difficult to pick a leader from this group, all I can say from this group is team health and new faces will be a factor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It could be backpedalling too; what about those 3 guys no longer on the team? One, or both of us is/are slow. Trolling is always a possibility.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I could be walking & chewing gum at the same time...

To start over, as I am playing both sides of the fence & being outrageous to boot.

Lackey, who I have been a long time basher of, I'm hoping will wow me!  I think he poops the bed, but I'm rooting for him to blow me away.  Dice -K, who I also bashed mercilessly, was a joke.  Sorry I have to explain, as it seemed self evident to me.

I am going to root for 15 wins from lackey, all of which will be powered by our bats, as were his 14 wins in 2010, where in each of his 14 wins the Sox had 6+ in run support. 

I can dream can't I.

I am also rooting for the Sox to take first place in the ALE with about 89 wins.  I think our bats will come alive this season.  I have a dream!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Or maybe it's pike. If so, a good disguise (for him). 9 posts via a new moniker in a couple of hrs could be a hint.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And do you know who he is for such a newbie? Nice try. Admittedly, it could be one of a few posters. The usual crank suspects, of course.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Or maybe it's pike. If so, a good disguise (for him). 9 posts via a new moniker in a couple of hrs could be a hint.

That's pretty paranoid. pike never has been able to hide his posting (non) style.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And do you know who he is for such a newbie? Nice try. Admittedly, it could be one of a few posters. The usual crank suspects, of course.

Dude!  You seriously need to lighten up.  You're sounding like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

This is a poor old dog, who was cast out of his master's house for peeing on the floor.  If I hang out under the porch for a while, maybe he'll take me back.

You really need to get a grip on those conspiracy theories.  :)  Let it go....

Nah; but I believe I'll let go responding 2U. CYA.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Dude!  You seriously need to lighten up.  You're sounding like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

This is a poor old dog, who was cast out of his master's house for peeing on the floor.  If I hang out under the porch for a while, maybe he'll take me back.

Now I admit being a poor dumb dog, but I don't remember nhsteven being this sensitive.  Could this guy be an imposter?  :)

Back to my simple thesis......

I hate the fact that Lackey is coming back, but since he is, I'm going to have high hopes & dream big.  The same goes for the Red Sox in general.  It very well could / should be a long & tough season, but I'm going to keep my hopes up.  I really am excited for the season to begin!  ST right around the corner, & I can't wait!!!!

No offense nhsteven!  Like the original dirtdog, I like yanking on chains.  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

p.s.   To be clear, I don't think Lackey is capable of double digit wins, but I'm ROOTING FOR 15.  What the heck!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Now I admit being a poor dumb dog, but I don't remember nhsteven being this sensitive.  Could this guy be an imposter?  :)

Back to my simple thesis......

I hate the fact that Lackey is coming back, but since he is, I'm going to have high hopes & dream big.  The same goes for the Red Sox in general.  It very well could / should be a long & tough season, but I'm going to keep my hopes up.  I really am excited for the season to begin!  ST right around the corner, & I can't wait!!!!

No offense nhsteven!  Like the original dirtdog, I like yanking on chains.  :)

U could be the real deal; but with the garbage that's been seen here ...

25. This post has been removed.