Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Re: Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

And do you know who he is for such a newbie? Nice try. Admittedly, it could be one of a few posters. The usual crank suspects, of course.

Dude!  You seriously need to lighten up.  You're sounding like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

This is a poor old dog, who was cast out of his master's house for peeing on the floor.  If I hang out under the porch for a while, maybe he'll take me back.

You really need to get a grip on those conspiracy theories.  :)  Let it go....

Nah; but I believe I'll let go responding 2U. CYA.

Now I admit being a poor dumb dog, but I don't remember nhsteven being this sensitive.  Could this guy be an imposter?  :)

Back to my simple thesis......

I hate the fact that Lackey is coming back, but since he is, I'm going to have high hopes & dream big.  The same goes for the Red Sox in general.  It very well could / should be a long & tough season, but I'm going to keep my hopes up.  I really am excited for the season to begin!  ST right around the corner, & I can't wait!!!!

No offense nhsteven!  Like the original dirtdog, I like yanking on chains.  :)

U couldbe the real deal; but with the garbage that's been seen here ...

My brother redsoxdirtdog lost his board-life in the take down of softlaw.  He was a good man!  We are twins.  I will take up the fight for my brother :)

I can't help tweaking guys when the paranoia / brownshirting starts up. 

No worries.  We all need to let go of thinking every other poster on this site is a double agent.  That song gets tired fast.  I could care less who's who.  Besides Stiffy, what does it really matter?  Take on the argument & don't worry about the agenda.

as for the season.....

Buck & Lester come up big!!!  They get a second chance at being really good / great pitchers with the return of Ferrell.  I pray Tek takes over as catching coach, & hammers home the need for prep!!!!  Dempster bring a grown up attitude to the SPers.  Even with his less than average ERA, close to 5.00 ERA + or -.25, he gets great run support & has a decent W/L record, Dubby lights it up & gets a mellow 14 wins :) 

You may be right, I might be crazy, but I just might be the lunatic your looking for :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

p.s.   To be clear, I don't think Lackey is capable of double digit wins, but I'm ROOTING FOR 15.  What the heck!

You do know that 15 is double digit right?

Ahhhhhhh  ayep...

I don't think the Republicans are capable of looking more pathetic either.  BUT.....  They / we keep proving me wrong.

You do realize that one can "ROOT FOR" something they think is impossible?  Right?

Too tough a concept? 

Being realistic is not mutually exclusive of "Rooting for" something unrealistic.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

p.s.   To be clear, I don't think Lackey is capable of double digit wins, but I'm ROOTING FOR 15.  What the heck!

I hate to pick on a fellow dog, BUT....  I'll slow down so even a devildog can understand.

I think Lackey will blow!  I will still root for him to win 15.  Why not?  I can't seem to get the Red Sox to dump him for a sack of balls, so I might as well cheer for him to do the impossible.

:) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Ahhhhhhh  ayep...

I don't think the Republicans are capable of looking more pathetic either.  BUT.....  They / we keep proving me wrong.

You do realize that one can "ROOT FOR" something they think is impossible?  Right?

Too tough a concept? 

Being realistic is not mutually exclusive of "Rooting for" something unrealistic.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If that is the case then I am gonna ROOT for something smart to come from you then.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ouch!  & here I was thinking we were becoming dog pals :(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And do you know who he is for such a newbie? Nice try. Admittedly, it could be one of a few posters. The usual crank suspects, of course.

Dude!  You seriously need to lighten up.  You're sounding like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

This is a poor old dog, who was cast out of his master's house for peeing on the floor.  If I hang out under the porch for a while, maybe he'll take me back.

Now I admit being a poor dumb dog, but I don't remember nhsteven being this sensitive.  Could this guy be an imposter?  :)

I hate the fact that Lackey is coming back, but since he is, I'm going to have high hopes & dream big.  The same goes for the Red Sox in general.  It very well could / should be a long & tough season, but I'm going to keep my hopes up.  I really am excited for the season to begin!  ST right around the corner, & I can't wait!!!!

My brother redsoxdirtdog lost his board-life in the take down of softlaw.  He was a good man!  We are twins.  I will take up the fight for my brother :)

No worries.  We all need to let go of thinking every other poster on this site is a double agent.  That song gets tired fast.  I could care less who's who.  Besides Stiffy, what does it really matter?  Take on the argument & don't worry about the agenda.

as for the season.....

Buck & Lester come up big!!!  They get a second chance at being really good / great pitchers with the return of Ferrell.  I pray Tek takes over as catching coach, & hammers home the need for prep!!!!  Dempster bring a grown up attitude to the SPers.  Even with his less than average ERA, close to 5.00 ERA + or -.25, he gets great run support & has a decent W/L record, Dubby lights it up & gets a mellow 14 wins :) 

You may be right, I might be crazy, but I just might be the lunatic your looking for :)

Dempster is, at worst, an innings eater; but this is important for a variety of reasons; 2 Requirements are needed; you have to be reasonably effective ,and a horse, and he is, although he's older. As far as Lester & Buchholz are concerned, we shall see. Lester is more likely to return to at least quasi form; he still has good stuff. Buchholz I'm not so sure about, since his ineffectiveness was partly due to injuries; that's always dicey, no pun intended for the most part. Morales & Miller could surprise; I liked what I saw in Doubront, despite the 2nd half, I think he could be a real good one; he has good makeup. Lackey is either done or at best mediocre. I don't see much out of Dice-K, but never say never. I always liked Aceves, and maybe he should go back to starting. His 1st few seasons in the bigs he had a mind boggling WL Pct (22-4). Bailey is an injury risk until he proves otherwise. The Asian guy Fu Te Ni is a monster, and Tazawa has come into his own as well, assuming it's not a fluke.

I see a bounce back yr; around a little over 500; which could still possibly be last. Yankees are at best a little better; in their case, there are problems all over with the position players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

as for the season.....

Dempster is, at worst, an innings eater; but this is important for a variety of reasons; 2 Requirements are needed; you have to be reasonably effective ,and a horse, and he is, although he's older. As far as Lester & Buchholz are concerned, we shall see. Lester is more likely to return to at least quasi form; he still has good stuff. Buchholz I'm not so sure about, since his ineffectiveness was partly due to injuries; that's always dicey. Morales & Miller could surprise; I liked what I saw in Doubront, despite the 2nd half; I think he could be a real good one. Lackey is either done or at best mediocre. I don't see much out og=f Dice-K, but never say never. I always liked Aceves, and maybe he should go back to starting. His 1st few seasons in the bigs he had a mind boggling WL Pct (22-4). Bailey is an injury risk until he proves otherwise. The Asian guy Fu Te Ni is a monster, and Tazawa has come into his own as well, assuming it's not a fluke.

We don't need to worry about Dice-K or Ace right?  Both are gone!?!  Did I miss something?  Please tell me it's not really groundhog day!  I thought we dumped Ace?  Did I dream this in the offseason?  Of course, Dice-K is gone!? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I may be behind the curve with some of the roster moves. I thought those guys were still on the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I may be behind the curve with some of the roster moves. I thought those guys were still on the team.

ace will be the long man, dice, long gone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Yep!  I was wrong.  Ace signed a one year deal with the Sox, avoiding arb. 

Dice-K though, is GONE!  :)  Thank God!  The Mets are going to take a look - see at him.

I only wish the Yankees would pick him up!  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Beckett ended up with an unspectacular postseason ERA with the Red Sox of 3.88. Decent, but not great. He did not do well against the Yankees, as others have pointed out, and he was too inconsistent to be considered the ace many people thought we were getting from the Marlins...IMO. In addition, he was stubborn and resistant to constructive criticism from his coaches and carried himself with a visible disdain for the fans. I am not sorry to see him gone.

My feeling is that if the Red Sox don't win it all, then the next best thing is having the Yankees not win it all.  Anyone but the Yankees.  After the devastating loss to them in the 2003 ALCS, I don't think I would have emotionally survived that offseason if they Yankees had won the WS.  For that, and the 2007 WS, Beckett will always be all right in my book.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Being realistic is not mutually exclusive of"Rooting for" something unrealistic.

Well said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I hate to pick on a fellow dog, BUT....  I'll slow down so even a devildog can understand.

I think Lackey will blow!  I will still root for him to win 15.  Why not?  I can't seem to get the Red Sox to dump him for a sack of balls, so I might as well cheer for him to do the impossible.

Ooh, the Devil Dogs.....one of my favourite bands.   https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Devil-Dogs/103080679731839?fref=ts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Ooh, the Devil Dogs.....one of my favourite bands.   https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Devil-Dogs/103080679731839?fref=ts

A delicious after school snack to boot :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Being realistic is not mutually exclusive of"Rooting for" something unrealistic.

Well said.

Many struggle with the juxtaposition....  What would be a simple concept for some, blows some minds.  Stiffy for example.......

When stiffy hears me rail against homophobia, he simply can't even comprehend a conservative Republican railing against such a thing.  It blows his little mind.  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Well said.

Many struggle with the juxtaposition....  What would be a simple concept for some, blows some minds.  Stiffy for example.......

When stiffy hears me rail against homophobia, he simply can't even comprehend a conservative Republican railing against such a thing.  It blows his little mind.  :)

Exactly, and people assume that because I do not think we have much of a chance this year, I am not enjoying and will not enjoy watching and talking baseball this year.

True, watching a winner is more fun, but baseball is baseball-- the best sport in the world!