Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

I may be behind the curve with some of the roster moves. I thought those guys were still on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I may be behind the curve with some of the roster moves. I thought those guys were still on the team.

ace will be the long man, dice, long gone

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Yep!  I was wrong.  Ace signed a one year deal with the Sox, avoiding arb. 

Dice-K though, is GONE!  :)  Thank God!  The Mets are going to take a look - see at him.

I only wish the Yankees would pick him up!  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Beckett ended up with an unspectacular postseason ERA with the Red Sox of 3.88. Decent, but not great. He did not do well against the Yankees, as others have pointed out, and he was too inconsistent to be considered the ace many people thought we were getting from the Marlins...IMO. In addition, he was stubborn and resistant to constructive criticism from his coaches and carried himself with a visible disdain for the fans. I am not sorry to see him gone.

My feeling is that if the Red Sox don't win it all, then the next best thing is having the Yankees not win it all.  Anyone but the Yankees.  After the devastating loss to them in the 2003 ALCS, I don't think I would have emotionally survived that offseason if they Yankees had won the WS.  For that, and the 2007 WS, Beckett will always be all right in my book.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Being realistic is not mutually exclusive of"Rooting for" something unrealistic.

Well said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

p.s.   To be clear, I don't think Lackey is capable of double digit wins, but I'm ROOTING FOR 15.  What the heck!

You do know that 15 is double digit right?

I hate to pick on a fellow dog, BUT....  I'll slow down so even a devildog can understand.

I think Lackey will blow!  I will still root for him to win 15.  Why not?  I can't seem to get the Red Sox to dump him for a sack of balls, so I might as well cheer for him to do the impossible.

:) 

Ooh, the Devil Dogs.....one of my favourite bands.   https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Devil-Dogs/103080679731839?fref=ts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

p.s.   To be clear, I don't think Lackey is capable of double digit wins, but I'm ROOTING FOR 15.  What the heck!

You do know that 15 is double digit right?

I hate to pick on a fellow dog, BUT....  I'll slow down so even a devildog can understand.

I think Lackey will blow!  I will still root for him to win 15.  Why not?  I can't seem to get the Red Sox to dump him for a sack of balls, so I might as well cheer for him to do the impossible.

:) 
    Ooh, the Devil Dogs.....one of my favourite bands.   https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Devil-Dogs/103080679731839?fref=ts

A delicious after school snack to boot :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Being realistic is not mutually exclusive of"Rooting for" something unrealistic.

Well said.

Many struggle with the juxtaposition....  What would be a simple concept for some, blows some minds.  Stiffy for example.......

When stiffy hears me rail against homophobia, he simply can't even comprehend a conservative Republican railing against such a thing.  It blows his little mind.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Well said.

Many struggle with the juxtaposition....  What would be a simple concept for some, blows some minds.  Stiffy for example.......

When stiffy hears me rail against homophobia, he simply can't even comprehend a conservative Republican railing against such a thing.  It blows his little mind.  :)

Exactly, and people assume that because I do not think we have much of a chance this year, I am not enjoying and will not enjoy watching and talking baseball this year.

True, watching a winner is more fun, but baseball is baseball-- the best sport in the world!

Sections
Shortcuts