Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Predict the AL East standings for 2013 :)

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

I think out pitching will far outperform expectations & our bats will carry us through the rough outings.

AL EAST

1st    Boston  (I just have this feeling)  To my astonishment, even Lackey has a decent year. :)  He's a lucky basstred & gets big run support.  Wins 15 games?  Seriously?  Yep :)

2nd  NYY

3rd   TOR

4th   TB

5th   BAL

lackey has only won 15 or more games once in his career despite playing for the Angels, who pretty much dominated their division while he was there.

Now you expect him to win 15 coming off major arm surgery?

Of course I do!  In a different lifetime, I was a huge Lackey basher just like you.  It seems that the RS have decided to give him another go, so I'm simply jumping on board of the Lackey bandwagon before it runs me over.

I'm gonna give BLIND optimism a whirl???  What the heck!  Why not?  What the hell :)  I'd even resign Dice-K for a cool 15 Million / yr.  If Lackey can win 15, Dice-K can nail down 18 for us. 

18 wins? That's good for anybody, even a HOFer. That is ALOT of wins, and maybe a half dozen pitchers every season reach that pinnacle; also, he hasn't won 18 in the last 4 yrs combined; beyond unrealistic

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I love the fact that we are coming into this ST with a hodgepodge of C listers needing to make a show.  I say we benefit from the game of LOW EXPECTATIONS!  & my expectations couldn't be lower. 

If nothing else, I'm gonna have fun rooting for a bunch of guys who who aren't coming in with outrageous expectations, i.e.  CC, A-Gon, Beckett, Dice-K, J.D. Drew, yada yada yada

Happy to turn the page! 

That is, if CC, A-Gon, & Beckett were still on the team. 1st you claim they shall finish 1st, then claim low expectations. I can only imagine what high ones would be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I think out pitching will far outperform expectations & our bats will carry us through the rough outings.

AL EAST

1st    Boston  (I just have this feeling)  To my astonishment, even Lackey has a decent year. :)  He's a lucky basstred & gets big run support.  Wins 15 games?  Seriously?  Yep :)

2nd  NYY

3rd   TOR

4th   TB

5th   BAL

lackey has only won 15 or more games once in his career despite playing for the Angels, who pretty much dominated their division while he was there.

Of course I do!  In a different lifetime, I was a huge Lackey basher just like you.  It seems that the RS have decided to give him another go, so I'm simply jumping on board of the Lackey bandwagon before it runs me over.

I'm gonna give BLIND optimism a whirl???  What the heck!  Why not?  What the hell :)  I'd even resign Dice-K for a cool 15 Million / yr.  If Lackey can win 15, Dice-K can nail down 18 for us. 

18 wins? That's good for anybody, even a HOFer. That is ALOT of wins, and maybe a half dozen pitchers every season reach that pinnacle; also, he hasn't won 18 in the last 4 yrs combined; beyond unrealistic

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic there. :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Maybe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

AL EAST

2nd  NYY

3rd   TOR

4th   TB

5th   BAL

So?  The tongue in cheek statement didn't clear it up, so I'll go for hyperbole & see if that does it.

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT LACKEY WILL BE THE CY YOUNG WINNER!  HE IS WAY WAY WAY OVERDUE!!!  THE SOX WILL RE-SIGN DICE-K & THEY WILL BATTLE FOR THE CY YOUNG.  LACKEY WINS 25 GAMES & DICE-K PICKS UP A COOL 23.  LACKEY HAS A 2.01 ERA & DICE-K RIGHT BEHIND HIM WITH A 2.32.  #1 & #2 IN THE MLB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

AL EAST

2nd  NYY

3rd   TOR

4th   TB

5th   BAL

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic there. :-)

;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Difficult to pick a leader from this group, all I can say from this group is team health and new faces will be a factor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It could be backpedalling too; what about those 3 guys no longer on the team? One, or both of us is/are slow. Trolling is always a possibility.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I could be walking & chewing gum at the same time...

To start over, as I am playing both sides of the fence & being outrageous to boot.

Lackey, who I have been a long time basher of, I'm hoping will wow me!  I think he poops the bed, but I'm rooting for him to blow me away.  Dice -K, who I also bashed mercilessly, was a joke.  Sorry I have to explain, as it seemed self evident to me.

I am going to root for 15 wins from lackey, all of which will be powered by our bats, as were his 14 wins in 2010, where in each of his 14 wins the Sox had 6+ in run support. 

I can dream can't I.

I am also rooting for the Sox to take first place in the ALE with about 89 wins.  I think our bats will come alive this season.  I have a dream!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Or maybe it's pike. If so, a good disguise (for him). 9 posts via a new moniker in a couple of hrs could be a hint.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And do you know who he is for such a newbie? Nice try. Admittedly, it could be one of a few posters. The usual crank suspects, of course.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Or maybe it's pike. If so, a good disguise (for him). 9 posts via a new moniker in a couple of hrs could be a hint.

That's pretty paranoid. pike never has been able to hide his posting (non) style.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And do you know who he is for such a newbie? Nice try. Admittedly, it could be one of a few posters. The usual crank suspects, of course.

Dude!  You seriously need to lighten up.  You're sounding like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

This is a poor old dog, who was cast out of his master's house for peeing on the floor.  If I hang out under the porch for a while, maybe he'll take me back.

You really need to get a grip on those conspiracy theories.  :)  Let it go....

Nah; but I believe I'll let go responding 2U. CYA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Dude!  You seriously need to lighten up.  You're sounding like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

This is a poor old dog, who was cast out of his master's house for peeing on the floor.  If I hang out under the porch for a while, maybe he'll take me back.

Now I admit being a poor dumb dog, but I don't remember nhsteven being this sensitive.  Could this guy be an imposter?  :)

Back to my simple thesis......

I hate the fact that Lackey is coming back, but since he is, I'm going to have high hopes & dream big.  The same goes for the Red Sox in general.  It very well could / should be a long & tough season, but I'm going to keep my hopes up.  I really am excited for the season to begin!  ST right around the corner, & I can't wait!!!!

No offense nhsteven!  Like the original dirtdog, I like yanking on chains.  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

p.s.   To be clear, I don't think Lackey is capable of double digit wins, but I'm ROOTING FOR 15.  What the heck!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Now I admit being a poor dumb dog, but I don't remember nhsteven being this sensitive.  Could this guy be an imposter?  :)

I hate the fact that Lackey is coming back, but since he is, I'm going to have high hopes & dream big.  The same goes for the Red Sox in general.  It very well could / should be a long & tough season, but I'm going to keep my hopes up.  I really am excited for the season to begin!  ST right around the corner, & I can't wait!!!!

U could be the real deal; but with the garbage that's been seen here ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

U couldbe the real deal; but with the garbage that's been seen here ...

My brother redsoxdirtdog lost his board-life in the take down of softlaw.  He was a good man!  We are twins.  I will take up the fight for my brother :)

I can't help tweaking guys when the paranoia / brownshirting starts up. 

No worries.  We all need to let go of thinking every other poster on this site is a double agent.  That song gets tired fast.  I could care less who's who.  Besides Stiffy, what does it really matter?  Take on the argument & don't worry about the agenda.

as for the season.....

Buck & Lester come up big!!!  They get a second chance at being really good / great pitchers with the return of Ferrell.  I pray Tek takes over as catching coach, & hammers home the need for prep!!!!  Dempster bring a grown up attitude to the SPers.  Even with his less than average ERA, close to 5.00 ERA + or -.25, he gets great run support & has a decent W/L record, Dubby lights it up & gets a mellow 14 wins :) 

You may be right, I might be crazy, but I just might be the lunatic your looking for :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

p.s.   To be clear, I don't think Lackey is capable of double digit wins, but I'm ROOTING FOR 15.  What the heck!

You do know that 15 is double digit right?

Ahhhhhhh  ayep...

I don't think the Republicans are capable of looking more pathetic either.  BUT.....  They / we keep proving me wrong.

You do realize that one can "ROOT FOR" something they think is impossible?  Right?

Too tough a concept? 

Being realistic is not mutually exclusive of "Rooting for" something unrealistic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

I hate to pick on a fellow dog, BUT....  I'll slow down so even a devildog can understand.

I think Lackey will blow!  I will still root for him to win 15.  Why not?  I can't seem to get the Red Sox to dump him for a sack of balls, so I might as well cheer for him to do the impossible.

:) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Ahhhhhhh  ayep...

I don't think the Republicans are capable of looking more pathetic either.  BUT.....  They / we keep proving me wrong.

You do realize that one can "ROOT FOR" something they think is impossible?  Right?

Too tough a concept? 

Being realistic is not mutually exclusive of "Rooting for" something unrealistic.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If that is the case then I am gonna ROOT for something smart to come from you then.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ouch!  & here I was thinking we were becoming dog pals :(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

My brother redsoxdirtdog lost his board-life in the take down of softlaw.  He was a good man!  We are twins.  I will take up the fight for my brother :)

No worries.  We all need to let go of thinking every other poster on this site is a double agent.  That song gets tired fast.  I could care less who's who.  Besides Stiffy, what does it really matter?  Take on the argument & don't worry about the agenda.

as for the season.....

Buck & Lester come up big!!!  They get a second chance at being really good / great pitchers with the return of Ferrell.  I pray Tek takes over as catching coach, & hammers home the need for prep!!!!  Dempster bring a grown up attitude to the SPers.  Even with his less than average ERA, close to 5.00 ERA + or -.25, he gets great run support & has a decent W/L record, Dubby lights it up & gets a mellow 14 wins :) 

You may be right, I might be crazy, but I just might be the lunatic your looking for :)

Dempster is, at worst, an innings eater; but this is important for a variety of reasons; 2 Requirements are needed; you have to be reasonably effective ,and a horse, and he is, although he's older. As far as Lester & Buchholz are concerned, we shall see. Lester is more likely to return to at least quasi form; he still has good stuff. Buchholz I'm not so sure about, since his ineffectiveness was partly due to injuries; that's always dicey, no pun intended for the most part. Morales & Miller could surprise; I liked what I saw in Doubront, despite the 2nd half, I think he could be a real good one; he has good makeup. Lackey is either done or at best mediocre. I don't see much out of Dice-K, but never say never. I always liked Aceves, and maybe he should go back to starting. His 1st few seasons in the bigs he had a mind boggling WL Pct (22-4). Bailey is an injury risk until he proves otherwise. The Asian guy Fu Te Ni is a monster, and Tazawa has come into his own as well, assuming it's not a fluke.

I see a bounce back yr; around a little over 500; which could still possibly be last. Yankees are at best a little better; in their case, there are problems all over with the position players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

as for the season.....

Dempster is, at worst, an innings eater; but this is important for a variety of reasons; 2 Requirements are needed; you have to be reasonably effective ,and a horse, and he is, although he's older. As far as Lester & Buchholz are concerned, we shall see. Lester is more likely to return to at least quasi form; he still has good stuff. Buchholz I'm not so sure about, since his ineffectiveness was partly due to injuries; that's always dicey. Morales & Miller could surprise; I liked what I saw in Doubront, despite the 2nd half; I think he could be a real good one. Lackey is either done or at best mediocre. I don't see much out og=f Dice-K, but never say never. I always liked Aceves, and maybe he should go back to starting. His 1st few seasons in the bigs he had a mind boggling WL Pct (22-4). Bailey is an injury risk until he proves otherwise. The Asian guy Fu Te Ni is a monster, and Tazawa has come into his own as well, assuming it's not a fluke.

We don't need to worry about Dice-K or Ace right?  Both are gone!?!  Did I miss something?  Please tell me it's not really groundhog day!  I thought we dumped Ace?  Did I dream this in the offseason?  Of course, Dice-K is gone!? 

Sections
Shortcuts