Predicting our lineup against Kuroda tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Predicting our lineup against Kuroda tonight

We are facing a righty for the first of this season and i'm positive Farrell will come up with a different order of lineup for tonight's game.  And let's keep in mind that the Yankees only carry one lefty reliever in their BP which will make our hitters to face plenty of righties tonight if BP help is needed.  

Jackie Bradley Jr. LF

Dustin Pedroia 2B

Jacoby Ellsbury CF

Mike Napoli 1B

Will Middlebrooks 3B

Jarrod Saltalamacchia C

Jonny Gomes DH

Shane Victorino RF

Jose Iglesias SS

would be my lineup.  Even though we have Carp on the bench who hits lefty, Gomes has shown some light against the righties during ST and if he's our DH for the duration of Ortiz' absense, he should get regular ABs IMO.  Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Predicting our lineup against Kuroda tonight

i like it. I'm down with starting Gomes against the Kuroda too.. he has hit RHP pretty well in ST. let's see what he's got.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nothing wrong with that lineup, but I don't think it will happen right now. I expect that Farrell will take it a little more slowly before putting Bradley at leadoff.  May well happen before long , but not tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

We are facing a righty for the first of this season and i'm positive Farrell will come up with a different order of lineup for tonight's game.  And let's keep in mind that the Yankees only carry one lefty reliever in their BP which will make our hitters to face plenty of righties tonight if BP help is needed.  

Jackie Bradley Jr. LF

Dustin Pedroia 2B

Jacoby Ellsbury CF

Mike Napoli 1B

Will Middlebrooks 3B

Jarrod Saltalamacchia C

Jonny Gomes DH

Shane Victorino RF

Jose Iglesias SS

would be my lineup.  Even though we have Carp on the bench who hits lefty, Gomes has shown some light against the righties during ST and if he's our DH for the duration of Ortiz' absense, he should get regular ABs IMO.  Any thoughts?

I like that lineup seanny. I was just telling someone after the game that I think Bradley can handle the leadoff spot and Ells should go to the 3 hole.

Gomes doesnt hit RHP as bad as some think. When he plays regularly his numbers are that bad. He did it in Tampa and faired pretty good against RHP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Jackie Bradley Jr. LF

Dustin Pedroia 2B

Jacoby Ellsbury CF

Mike Napoli 1B

Will Middlebrooks 3B

Jarrod Saltalamacchia C

Jonny Gomes DH

Shane Victorino RF

Jose Iglesias SS

Solid lineup....but this is my PREDICTION...not what my lineup would be:

Ells

Pedroia

Vic

Naps

WMB

Salty

JBJ

Carp

Iggy

Personally I like the lineup you have but I really like having JBJ near the bottom of the lineup.  I kno it's no popular around here but putting him down more gives the lineup a little extra ballance in terms of sombody who knows how to work the count and get on base.  Salty, WMB, and Iggy are not exactluy known for their patience.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Jackie Bradley Jr. LF

Dustin Pedroia 2B

Jacoby Ellsbury CF

Mike Napoli 1B

Will Middlebrooks 3B

Jarrod Saltalamacchia C

Jonny Gomes DH

Shane Victorino RF

Jose Iglesias SS

Solid lineup....but this is my PREDICTION...not what my lineup would be:

Ells

Pedroia

Vic

Naps

WMB

Salty

JBJ

Carp

Iggy

Personally I like the lineup you have but I really like having JBJ near the bottom of the lineup.  I kno it's no popular around here but putting him down more gives the lineup a little extra ballance in terms of sombody who knows how to work the count and get on base.  Salty, WMB, and Iggy are not exactluy known for their patience.....

You have a valid point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't think he will give JBJ the leadoff spot just yet....but then again, who knows.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Not sure of the order....to soon to know for sure what spots Farrell feels guys are comfortable at, but I would bet you are going to see Nava in there as the DH and not Gomes.  Wild guess.....Ells, Nava, Pedey, Napoli, Victorino, Middlebrooks. Salty,  Bradley, Iglesias....Farrell used Nava alot in the two hole at the end of the spring and he will want to keep the pressure off of Bradley by batting him low in the order.....plus next time around Bradley, Iggy, and Ells give you alot of speed back to back to back for them RBI guys 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Thanks all for your kind words.  Hope the Sox starts a W streak tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I read that even though our #4 and 5 hitters were hitless on Monday, they saw over 45 pitches combined.  Putting patient hitter JBJ in the leadoff spot, our 1-5 can stack up Kuroda's pitch count early in the innings.  We have pretty solid bats at the bottom so Sox could have early chances tonight.  Go Sox!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I read that even though our #4 and 5 hitters were hitless on Monday, they saw over 45 pitches combined.  Putting patient hitter JBJ in the leadoff spot, our 1-5 can stack up Kuroda's pitch count early in the innings.  We have pretty solid bats at the bottom so Sox could have early chances tonight.  Go Sox!

1-8 there is not an easy out in the lineup. once Drew gets back it will be 1-9 all tough ABs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Even if Farrell would move Bradley up, it wouldn't be to leadoff. It would be to No. 2. Ellsbury likely will lead off all year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Even if Farrell would move Bradley up, it wouldn't be to leadoff. It would be to No. 2. Ellsbury likely will lead off all year.

I agree with that Roy....but if Bradley continues to show the plate discipline he did in the spring, which is leading to a very high OBP, I could see Farrell movinf him up in the order....the three hole might be the best fit for him, with Pdey in the 2 hole. because then you go L,R,L, and Righty again if you bat Napoli or Middlebrooks in the Cleanup spot(course that is out the window with papi in the lineup), but for now, he needs to keep the expectations down for this kid(not that that is even possible at this point) by batting him lower in the order.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Ells is our #1 hitter, and Pedey is the #3 all year.

Shave should never bat higher than 7th vs RHPs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

For the most part I agree. But if Farrell wants to keep the pressure off Bradley by keeping him in the bottom of the order, I could see Pedey moving up to second some time after Ortiz returns if Napoli and Middlebrooks are in top form, giving the Sox a 3-4-5 of Napoli-Ortiz-Middlebrooks in the middle of the order (in whatever order).

If Middlebrooks goes on a hot tear like he did last year when he came up, I don't want him lower than fifth. So let's see how it plays out.

If Bradley is the real deal and is having a ROY-type season, moving him to second followed by Pedey-Ortiz-Middlebrooks-Napoli could give the Sox a deep lineup.

It will be fun to see how this season evolves.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Carp might replace Gomes since Gomes doesn't have a hit against Kuroda in very small sample size AB and Carp has few hits off of the righty also in very small sample size AB.  Gomes could pinch hit for Carp later in the game.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Not sure of the order....to soon to know for sure what spots Farrell feels guys are comfortable at, but I would bet you are going to see Nava in there as the DH and not Gomes.  Wild guess.....Ells, Nava, Pedey, Napoli, Victorino, Middlebrooks. Salty,  Bradley, Iglesias....Farrell used Nava alot in the two hole at the end of the spring and he will want to keep the pressure off of Bradley by batting him low in the order.....plus next time around Bradley, Iggy, and Ells give you alot of speed back to back to back for them RBI guys 

Well done!  Just switch Victorino and Salty and you got it right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Don't like Middlebrooks at sixth. He should be locked in at No. 5. If he falls to No. 6, it should only be after Ortiz comes back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Victorino is indeed hitting 7th.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Don't like Middlebrooks at sixth. He should be locked in at No. 5. If he falls to No. 6, it should only be after Ortiz comes back.

idk, if Salty is a more disciplined hitter tha WMB at this point (if a 1 game sample size tells us anything....) then I'm OK with batting Salt 5th and WMB 6th.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well, if anybody had predicted Nava 2 and Victorino 7 I would have been impressed.  But nobody did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Well, if anybody had predicted Nava 2 and Victorino 7 I would have been impressed.  But nobody did.

moon did i believe.  i know he had SV batting 7th VS RHP and im pretty sure he said that the other half of the gomes platoon would be batting 2nd Vs RHP

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Is Shave a new nickname for Victorino? Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I actually the lineup except i flipped Salty and Victorino....but as I had said..wild guess....I was sure however that nava would be in there in the 2 hole

Sections
Shortcuts