Prediction time! I say Sox sweep Yankees!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: Prediction time! I say Sox sweep Yankees!

In Response to Re: Prediction time! I say Sox sweep Yankees!:
    [QUOTE]Sox are shaky right now...Yanks are flying...we need 2 out of 3 to get by the weekend. Hope Crawford and Papi can wake-up!
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d3a3853245bf1ef48391373757940261&plckUserId=d3a3853245bf1ef48391373757940261

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Hopefully we all get to watch some good close games this weekend.IMO,Yankees and Red Sox is the greatest rilavary in sports.
         I think the Sox will take 2/3,but a sweep wouldn't surprise me.GO SOX!!
    Get your popcorn ready!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-_yazzer. Show the-_yazzer's posts

another example of who actually manages the red sox.
    why is JD CRAWFORD batting 6th and REDDICK batting 8th tonight?
    this smells of theo blunder through and through.

listen THEO, batting CRAWFORD 6th  instead of 8th isn't going to make your signing of him look any less stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

CC gets beat again, and Yankees are not looking so good.  The pressure is on the big guy.   0-4 would definitely get to his head.

That is why the Sox throw Lackey against him ...  to give him a false sense of security.  Yeah, that's it.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I'll be mildly surprised with a Red Sox sweep. Not shocked, but mildly surprised. Yanks are as hot as they have been all year. Red Sox were slacking down against the Indians. If Bedard can pitch a little better than last night, I like the Red Sox to win the division. But, right now, I'd be delighted with 2 out of 3, and 1 and 2 would not worry me about what happenes nearer the finish line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sti328. Show sti328's posts

I only predict that all 3 games will be around the 4 hour mark. Also how come NY/BOS games have to be played Sunday night to accomadate ESPN Sunday Night baseball. When was the last time that the Sox and Yanks played a sunday 1pm start time game?

Side note, it seems like the Yanks are playing better baseball without A-Rod.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

whenever these two teams face-off....you can throw all stats out the window.

Nothing will suprise me; sweep, swept 1-2 2-1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prediction time! I say Sox sweep Yankees! : with theo at the helm, you might want to change 'GOOD' empire to 'DUMB" empire.
    Posted by the-_yazzer[/QUOTE]
    Let's see, you hate Theo, you hate Tito, you hate half the players ... why are you a Red Sox fan again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

so much for that prediction.....

My prediction stays: Yanks take 2/3

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Edith and accuracy are always at odds.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

In Response to Prediction time! I say Sox sweep Yankees!:
    [QUOTE]What's your prediction? by Michael Hurley/NESN Friday night, I love the Red Sox' chances against Bartolo Colon (surprise, surprise), particularly with Jon Lester going for Boston. Of course, saying that, you know Colon's throwing a perfect game. I actually covered one of Colon's rehab starts in Pawtucket back in '08. If you told me that same guy could have a 3.30 ERA through 16 starts that year, I wouldn’t have believed you. But three years later? That's some sick joke. I obviously fear CC Sabathia on Saturday against John Lackey , who's been trouble this year (though he is 4-0 with a 3.41 ERA in his last five starts). However, there's reason for Boston to be optimistic: The Yankees are 18-3 when Sabathia pitches against teams from anywhere other than Boston this year, but he's 0-3 against the Sox. He's given up six runs in two of those starts, and he has a 6.16 ERA against Boston this year. Now, the other side says that, well, is he really going to throw three stinkers against the same team? Possible, I suppose, but my money would be on him having a classic CC game where he just rolls right through everyone. Then Sunday night, forget about it. Josh Beckett loves national television. He eats it up. Baseball-Reference.com needs to add "Fox or ESPN Game" to its split page. I guarantee Beckett might be the all-time leader. Maybe I made all that up, but it's a gut feeling. I have the Sox taking two of three.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, sox sweep

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

[QUOTE]Sox sweeping the series would not surprise me.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

I think you are right

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Prediction time! I say Sox sweep Yankees!:
    [QUOTE]What's your prediction? by Michael Hurley/NESN Friday night, I love the Red Sox' chances against Bartolo Colon (surprise, surprise), particularly with Jon Lester going for Boston. Of course, saying that, you know Colon's throwing a perfect game. I actually covered one of Colon's rehab starts in Pawtucket back in '08. If you told me that same guy could have a 3.30 ERA through 16 starts that year, I wouldn’t have believed you. But three years later? That's some sick joke. I obviously fear CC Sabathia on Saturday against John Lackey , who's been trouble this year (though he is 4-0 with a 3.41 ERA in his last five starts). However, there's reason for Boston to be optimistic: The Yankees are 18-3 when Sabathia pitches against teams from anywhere other than Boston this year, but he's 0-3 against the Sox. He's given up six runs in two of those starts, and he has a 6.16 ERA against Boston this year. Now, the other side says that, well, is he really going to throw three stinkers against the same team? Possible, I suppose, but my money would be on him having a classic CC game where he just rolls right through everyone. Then Sunday night, forget about it. Josh Beckett loves national television. He eats it up. Baseball-Reference.com needs to add "Fox or ESPN Game" to its split page. I guarantee Beckett might be the all-time leader. Maybe I made all that up, but it's a gut feeling. I have the Sox taking two of three.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Re: Prediction time! I say Sox sweep Yankees!:
    [QUOTE]We the nice guys of the good empire will take 2 of 3 from the bad guys of the evil empire.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Prediction time! I say Sox sweep Yankees!:

The odds strongly favor NY.  They've lost 8 of 9 to Boston which I honestly don't feel my college team would do.  If on nothing other than luck the Yanks are sure to take the series which means nothing since both teams will make the playoffs.  And then the games actually matter.