Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season?

I predict the Red Sox make the 2012 AL playoffs and win 15 more games than 2011.

Write it in stone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season?

Will the Sox win more games in 2012?

I say yes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Why don't you buy a Fenway brick and write it in that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season?:
    [QUOTE]Why don't you buy a Fenway brick and write it in that?
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I just might.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Only if they have a good 25 healthy man roster, and then I can foresee them making into the playoff!!

If Sabathia takes off from the Yankees, then I can see that the Red Sox will make into the playoff like the year they had this year!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Only if they have a good 25 healthy man roster, and then I can foresee them making into the playoff!! If Sabathia takes off from the Yankees, then I can see that the Red Sox will make into the playoff like the year they had this year!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Like the Red Sox chances with Theo out.
    And if we get a LaRussa/Torre/Leyland elite MLB manager, this is a Red Sox team capable of going deep into the postseason in 2012.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : Like the Red Sox chances with Theo out. And if we get a LaRussa/Torre/Leyland elite MLB manager, this is a Red Sox team capable of going deep into the postseason in 2012.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

...going deep with what?  The farm system that helped so much in September?  The FA's the Sox sign this winter?  The beer guzzling pitching staff which is the core of the Sox hopes next year?  Bard as the closer?  Crawford back in LF?  A DH to replace Ortiz?  Youk having a rebound year?  Ells putting up another MVP year? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : ...going deep with what?  The farm system that helped so much in September?  The FA's the Sox sign this winter?  The beer guzzling pitching staff which is the core of the Sox hopes next year?  Bard as the closer?  Crawford back in LF?  A DH to replace Ortiz?  Youk having a rebound year?  Ells putting up another MVP year? 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Going deep with a talented team and a manager like LaRussa, Torre or Jim Leyland. Lackey has to go, but there's a LOT out there to replace him. Ditto for Josh Beckett.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

OK, you get rid of Beckett and Lackey...who comes in to take their place?  Lester is the only front line pitcher left after your move.  Sox then need 4 starters and several backups for the injuries that somehow might happen to a pitcher on the Sox staff.  Who is this LOT you are referring to?  I don't see that kind of starting pitching available out there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Third place in the ALE behind Tampa and the Yankees. Have around the same amount of wins. Toronto will give the Red Sox a scare in the standings for third place. Red Sox pitching will be even worse than last year and there will be several 4-5-6 game losing streaks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox will surely better than this year and that's a FACT.  But I don't understand Theo can be a factor in Sox' winning.  Did he play for the Sox or manage this team this year????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA, very creative.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway155z. Show fenway155z's posts

It's hard to make a predicition when there is no real idea from anyone who will be the manager next year. The Sox have more to prove than any baseball team I can remember in recent years. Its all about consistancy next year and learning how to win ball games. Starting pitching has been an issue for a couple years, especially the health. The Sox starters need to go out there with the confidence their offense has their back so they can really challenge the hitters at the plate. "You gotta stay hungry out there!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Sox will surely better than this year and that's a FACT.  But I don't understand Theo can be a factor in Sox' winning.  Did he play for the Sox or manage this team this year????
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

In case you're not here in Boston, we are learning that the Red Sox team was a disaster of Theo's making.

Law correctly said that Theo's decision to keep Varitek would divide the Sox clubhouse and drive VMart out of Boston...that's what happened.

Lackey and Beckett's Fried Chicken & Beer House is a Theo Epstein production.

Epstein kept Francona under his thumb and drove the man crazy.

All that's gone now.
    Nowhere to go but up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]It's hard to make a predicition when there is no real idea from anyone who will be the manager next year. The Sox have more to prove than any baseball team I can remember in recent years. Its all about consistancy next year and learning how to win ball games. Starting pitching has been an issue for a couple years, especially the health. The Sox starters need to go out there with the confidence their offense has their back so they can really challenge the hitters at the plate. "You gotta stay hungry out there!"
    Posted by fenway155z[/QUOTE]

It's not hard to predict.
    Red Sox are a great team with the best fans in MLB.
    With a REAL leader as GM the team will do better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Red Sox 2012 +15 in the win column...

GUARANTEED

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]OK, you get rid of Beckett and Lackey...who comes in to take their place?  Lester is the only front line pitcher left after your move.  Sox then need 4 starters and several backups for the injuries that somehow might happen to a pitcher on the Sox staff.  Who is this LOT you are referring to?  I don't see that kind of starting pitching available out there.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

I would keep both Beckett and Lackey if our new Gm would be able to sign Bud Wieser for pitching coach

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : I would keep both Beckett and Lackey if our new Gm would be able to sign Bud Wieser for pitching coach
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Good point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from saintJ. Show saintJ's posts

So if the sox win the series within the next 5 years Theo gets the credit right?  Just like Dan Duquette does for 04 and 07 according to most of you tools.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Third place in the ALE behind Tampa and the Yankees. Have around the same amount of wins. Toronto will give the Red Sox a scare in the standings for third place. Red Sox pitching will be even worse than last year and there will be several 4-5-6 game losing streaks.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Geesh sindarin, why don't you just stop following the team now and save yourself the headaches in 2012!!

Wait, I get it, you'll stick around to see if your prediction comes true and say I told you so, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : In case you're not here in Boston, we are learning that the Red Sox team was a disaster of Theo's making. Law correctly said that Theo's decision to keep Varitek would divide the Sox clubhouse and drive VMart out of Boston...that's what happened. Lackey and Beckett's Fried Chicken & Beer House is a Theo Epstein production. Epstein kept Francona under his thumb and drove the man crazy. All that's gone now. Nowhere to go but up.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox 2012 +15 in the win column... GUARANTEED
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]
    With the current pitching staff, chances are nearly nil that the 2012 Red Sox will win 105 games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : With the current pitching staff, chances are nearly nil that the 2012 Red Sox will win 105 games.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE] i'm guessing he means an 89-73 record or 16 above the .500 mark.That record would be my guess,can't see them doing more than that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox 2012 +15 in the win column... GUARANTEED
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

I want what you're smoking.

Sections
Shortcuts