Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season?

No point in speculating where the 2012 Sox will finish.    Too many unknowns right now.   A GM that needs to make player moves.     A new field manager with a new coaching staff that will have different philosophies than Francona and his staff had.
    A new work ethic among players.

Above all, what the so-called "experts" at ESPN say counts for nothing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview/2011/news/story?page=11expertpicks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : With the current pitching staff, chances are nearly nil that the 2012 Red Sox will win 105 games.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

With a healthy Buck? Dice man maybe making some midseason contributions? you never know, how many games is seatle going to win? 60?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

But because of who started this thread im going to say its gonna be 0-162 and ill still watch every game!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

The run is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]The run is over.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

I doubt it still a very talented roster hopefully with some more hunger in there eyes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Definitely better than 2011.

Team: 95 - 100 wins; loses in ALCS

Individually:
    - Lester 20 wins and Cy Young
    - Ellsbury another MVP caliber year
    - AGon .300+ average, 30+ HR, 110+ RBI

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely better than 2011. Team: 95 - 100 wins; loses in ALCS Individually: - Lester 20 wins and Cy Young - Ellsbury another MVP caliber year - AGon .300+ average, 30+ HR, 110+ RBI
    Posted by RS75[/QUOTE]

I like lester so im not going to hate on him, but to be honest i see Beckett winning one before Lester.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season?:
    [QUOTE]I predict the Red Sox make the 2012 AL playoffs and win 15 more games than 2011. Write it in stone.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

based on what? please go away

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely better than 2011. Team: 95 - 100 wins; loses in ALCS Individually: - Lester 20 wins and Cy Young - Ellsbury another MVP caliber year - AGon .300+ average, 30+ HR, 110+ RBI
    Posted by RS75[/QUOTE]

Not impossible now that Epstein is gone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : I like lester so im not going to hate on him, but to be honest i see Beckett winning one before Lester.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

Jon Lester? Every staff needs a "grown a$$ man" pitching on it. Really? Josh Beckett? Every staff needs a fat-boy who has trouble staying in shape during the off season. Really? Clay Buchholtz? Every staff needs a punk. Really?

Pick one of the aforementioned because those three will never win anything other than games as a trio.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I predict that with a Theo-Less, Drew-Less, Tito-Less forum that the trolls will turn their attention to Crawford, Lackey, and Wakefield. Either that or go into a severe withdrawal. Daily bashing is their crack and they can't live without it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : With a healthy Buck? Dice man maybe making some midseason contributions? you never know, how many games is seatle going to win? 60?
    The 2004 St. Louis Cardinals were the last team to win 105 games.

MLB teams have had 210 chances since 2004 to win as many as 105 regular-season games, but no team has succeeded.

The Red Sox may well improve, but the Sox will be improving on two third-place finishes. Expectations should be modest (unlike the expectations entering the 2011 season).

* BTW, I don't pretend to know how many games Seattle will win in 2012

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Is Seattle still in the American League?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]I predict that with a Theo-Less, Drew-Less, Tito-Less forum that the trolls will turn their attention to Crawford, Lackey, and Wakefield. Either that or go into a severe withdrawal. Daily bashing is their crack and they can't live without it.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]
    This coming from someone with 410 posts to this forum in 15 days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : This coming from someone with 410 posts to this forum in 15 days.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Haha!

That one will leave a mark.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : Jon Lester? Every staff needs a "grown a$$ man" pitching on it. Really? Josh Beckett? Every staff needs a fat-boy who has trouble staying in shape during the off season. Really? Clay Buchholtz? Every staff needs a punk. Really? Pick one of the aforementioned because those three will never win anything other than games as a trio.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

You mean lester who went 15-9 3.47 era. or Beckett who was 13-and 7 witha 2.89 era, and has carried not 1 but 2 seperate teams through the playoffs. Im not even going to dignify the Buckholts comment with a respons as his crimes were commited years ago.

If you are going to judge any baseball player by 1 month of baseball, then you dont get the game and should go watch football instead. Baseball is about an entire season, not a stretch of 30 games, it just happens that there last 30 games were terrible, Sh*t happens and move on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : The 2004 St. Louis Cardinals were the last team to win 105 games. MLB teams have had 210 chances since 2004 to win as many as 105 regular-season games, but no team has succeeded. The Red Sox may well improve, but the Sox will be improving on two third-place finishes. Expectations should be modest (unlike the expectations entering the 2011 season). * BTW, I don't pretend to know how many games Seattle will win in 2012
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

im not pretending to know how many games this sox will win in 2012, infact i sad it could be anywhere form 0-162 to 162-0.

Also guess how many games the cardinals one in 2003???

Ill give you a hint it was 5 less then the sox won i 2011

it was 85

It is entirely possible that the redsox will win 105 this year. It is also entirely possible that they wont. But if your going to make statements about how someone else's team is going to do base off patterns of other teams you might want to do the whole research and look up the team before. And if you don't want to go back to Seattle. Also people living in glass safco field should not throw stones because they are as it stands a far worse team then the red sox.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : im not pretending to know how many games this sox will win in 2012, infact i sad it could be anywhere form 0-162 to 162-0. Also guess how many games the cardinals one in 2003??? Ill give you a hint it was 5 less then the sox won i 2011 it was 85 It is entirely possible that the redsox will win 105 this year. It is also entirely possible that they wont. But if your going to make statements about how someone else's team is going to do base off patterns of other teams you might want to do the whole research and look up the team before. And if you don't want to go back to Seattle. Also people living in glass safco field should not throw stones because they are as it stands a far worse team then the red sox.
    I never wrote that it would be impossible for the Red Sox to win 105 games in 2012. I wrote, and still maintain, that chances are nearly nil that the 2012 Red Sox will become the first MLB team in eight years to win at least 105 games.

I am a baseball fan who doesn't throw stones ... I generally have held the Red Sox in high regard in my thousands of posts over the past five-plus years.

Best regards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : I never wrote that it would be impossible for the Red Sox to win 105 games in 2012. I wrote, and still maintain, that chances are nearly nil that the 2012 Red Sox will become the first MLB team in eight years to win at least 105 games. I am a baseball fan who doesn't throw stones ... I generally have held the Red Sox in high regard in my thousands of posts over the past five-plus years. Best regards.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

My point was that looking at last years team is not always a good indication of the how a team is going to do the next year, and my example of the cardinals was to support that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Predictions For Theo-Less Red Sox 2012 Season? : I never wrote that it would be impossible for the Red Sox to win 105 games in 2012. I wrote, and still maintain, that chances are nearly nil that the 2012 Red Sox will become the first MLB team in eight years to win at least 105 games. I am a baseball fan who doesn't throw stones ... I generally have held the Red Sox in high regard in my thousands of posts over the past five-plus years. Best regards.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Boo yah!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Remember what Law said? For years and years?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

• You have to hand it to Theo Epstein. He has spent approximately $450 million over the last three seasons without a playoff win to show for it and got the Cubs to give him a five-year deal with $18.5 million. That's impressive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]• You have to hand it to Theo Epstein. He has spent approximately $450 million over the last three seasons without a playoff win to show for it and got the Cubs to give him a five-year deal with $18.5 million. That's impressive.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Quite a few of us in Red Sox Nation were handing it to Theo Epstein as he squandered millions, prematurely gutted a World Series championship team TWICE and dragged defeat from the jaws of victory for the Red Sox and the nation.