predictions for tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

predictions for tonight

lester will pitch well.
    they won't score many runs for him.
    he'll get angry at some bad call or missed play and have one bad inning.
    game over!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: predictions for tonight

what is this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

You nailed it!

The big question is WHY does he consistently "LOSE IT" on the mound.  WHY does he obsess on "bad calls?"  WHY can't he control his increasingly out of control temper?

Answer!

He's learned from the best.  BECKETT & LACKEY

Since the arrival of Lackey, the general attitude of those in the starting rotation has taken a complete nose dive.  When Dice - K came back hurt 3 STings ago, and Red Sox Nation turned on him like rabid dogs (which, by the way, was well deserved because he had BLOWN his arm out in the WBC, then tried to pass it off as a ST injury), then Lackey pitches to his AL West level (pathetic, but run support), Lackey started yapping to the rest of the rotation about "how Red Sox Nation will turn the pitch forks on you next!!!!  YOU OWE THEM NOTHING!"  There was a CLEAR F U attitude amongst the entire SR!  Beckett always had it, so there was no mystery about him jumpin on the F U starting rotation bandwagon.

LACKEY, BECKETT, & DICE-K have absolutely ruined Lester & Buch!  Beckett must be dealt!!!!  Dice-K should never see a Red Sox uniform again!  Lackey?????  PLEASE!  As desperate as RSN is for starting pitching, many will start wishing for his return????   ARE YOU F'n KIDDING ME????

It's all about the SPing!!!!!  We have enough hitting!  The BP is looking plenty good enough, not to mention Aceves, who has the potential to be one of the best closers in MLB.

Beckett has value!  Dice-K should be dealt irrespective of any value!  Lackey simply needs to be released to send a message!

OK.....   little bobby v. MUST GO also!!!!  It is time to press the "panic button," which in this case is a misnomer!  It's nothing more than a release valve!!!!  Bard & Dubby have real potential, unless they are infected by Beckett further!!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wait, Lester shows up one of his teammates and then loses control on the hill and allows it to negatively effect his performance?  What a shocker!

Throw in a pair of plays where he refuses to back up a base and well, you don't exactly need a crystal ball.......Same song, same dance from Jonnie Boy.....

I believe that he still has a chance though to emerge....Relatively young, left handed, very good stuff....I think if the Sox rid themselves of the bad influences on Lester - Beckett and Lackey and see what happens for a full season including ST maybe Big Jon will finally grow up........

In the meantime, in the words of Clubber Lang - PAIN!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Lester simply needs a little time in the sports shrink chair.  Get back to that post cancer, loving life, so blessed to be here, just let the ball fly & do your thing, don't worry about things you can't control, guy we ALL grew to love back in the day.

Something got in his head?  Something got in Buch's head???  Something's in Bard & Dubby's head????

To me, the answer is simple!!!  It's ALL ABOUT attitude, & this ENTIRE SR definitely has AN ATTITUDE!  It ain't good!  WAY PAST TIME for a big change!

p.s.  To all you fools who will immediately go to the predictable, "it's not Joshy's fault!!!  He's pitched really well his last 3 starts!  You can't pin this on him, he's doing his job!"

PLEASE!!!!!  Have you been living in a cave???  We know he's pitched OK!!!!!!  It's not about his pitching!  NEVER HAS BEEN!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: predictions for tonight:
    [QUOTE]Wait, Lester shows up one of his teammates and then loses control on the hill and allows it to negatively effect his performance?  What a shocker! Throw in a pair of plays where he refuses to back up a base and well, you don't exactly need a crystal ball.......Same song, same dance from Jonnie Boy..... I believe that he still has a chance though to emerge....Relatively young, left handed, very good stuff....I think if the Sox rid themselves of the bad influences on Lester - Beckett and Lackey and see what happens for a full season including ST maybe Big Jon will finally grow up........ In the meantime, in the words of Clubber Lang - PAIN!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Nice call Andrew, but I think I just heard that somewhere???   :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

You guys are awesome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Are you telling me that you enjoy watching Lester pitch with that sourpus on his face everytime things don't go perfectly for him?  Are you telling me you are fine with him not doing his part and backing up bases after he gives up a wall-ball?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Are you telling me that you enjoy watching Lester pitch with that sourpus on his face everytime things don't go perfectly for him?  Are you telling me you are fine with him not doing his part and backing up bases after he gives up a wall-ball?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Just telling you you are awesome.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Talk about another "newsflash"! :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: predictions for tonight : Nope.  Just telling you you are awesome.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Space,

Are you saying you agree?  I'm not saying I don't like Lester!  To the contrary, I love the kid!!!  I just think he's been "infected" by Beckett & Lackey. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Here is the real prediction.

Lester throws 7+ innings about 115 pitches (5 SO, 4 H, 3 BB, 1 R) gets the W

Gonzo belts a HR and has multi-hit game

Middlebrooks starts tonight and hits another XBH

Sox win 5-2 Aceves saves the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think four straight years with an ERA under 3.5 in the AL EAST counts as "emerged".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

If the Red Sox score 4 or more earned runs, they will win this game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the real prediction. Lester throws 7+ innings about 115 pitches (5 SO, 4 H, 3 BB, 1 R) gets the W Gonzo belts a HR and has multi-hit game Middlebrooks starts tonight and hits another XBH Sox win 5-2 Aceves saves the game.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

boom

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I predict that my roomate will have drank the last of my Smuttynose 12 pack.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I predict that my roomate will have drank the last of my Smuttynose 12 pack.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

what a cad

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]If the Red Sox score 4 or more earned runs, they will win this game.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Strangely enough, I agree.  I do think the four runs are more likely than a well-pitched game by any starter. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well there isn't a team in all of baseball right now happier than KC.  They avoided a sweep by Boston and they get to stay in the league until their next series w/ the Sox. 

The Team that George Brett Built Lives On!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Lester's line will look something like this 7 ip, 3 runs, 2 ers, 7 SO's, 2 walks, 112 pitches.
    Agon will go 2-4 with two singles.
    Middlebrooks will go 1-4 with a double.
    Ortiz will go 1-4 with a solo shot.
    Ross will be 2-4 with a single and a double with 2 RBI's
    Aviles will have a solo shot.
    Byrd will have a sac fly but be 0-4

Sox win 5-3

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The last time Lester pitched well in a big game for us it was G7 of 08 ALCS and even then he took the "L"........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the real prediction. Lester throws 7+ innings about 115 pitches (5 SO, 4 H, 3 BB, 1 R) gets the W Gonzo belts a HR and has multi-hit game Middlebrooks starts tonight and hits another XBH Sox win 5-2 Aceves saves the game.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right, Lester is due.

If Will the "Drill" thrills Fenway Fans tonight with an extra-base hit, he will break HOF Enos Slaughter 1920 record to hit an extra-base hit in each of his six games starting his career...cool...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]If the Red Sox score 4 or more earned runs, they will win this game.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

I guess this is your latest change of tune due to the sox scoring 4 runs last night and losing.  Now it's 4 earned runs, because that's relevant how?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You'll see a very relaxed KC team tonight.  They have nothing to lose now that they have secured their franchise for awhile longer.  That could be very dangerous to a very tense and always angry Jonnie Boy Lester..........