Predictions: Webster vs KC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Predictions: Webster vs KC?

How many innings will he last?

Runs allowed?

Will the sinker generate GIDP to overcome any k/bb or whip deficiencies?

How will you define success for a first outing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: Predictions: Webster vs KC?

Considering what he did in ST and so far at AAA, expect him to go 7 ip 1 er 7 K's and make it very difficult for RS to send him back, even though he is 26th man for Dbl Header. But will return in no time as someone is bound to get nicked up and need some DL time. Never a bad thing too have too much pitching!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Can't wait to see the 7:00pm game........  This kid is the real deal.......  Will be interesting, a good outing, no make that a great outing will put Ben on the clock to do the right thing/s roster wise...... Not getting ahead of myself..........

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

5 IP 5H 3BB 4R 6k 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

5 IP 5H 3BB 4R 6k 

Ohh. Going over 3 runs? That's a bold prediction considering... :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

5 IP 5H 3BB 4R 6k 

I'd be happy with anything like five clean innings since five is his best at Pawtucket.

I would guess maybe 5k max; perhaps four.

I would HOPE for 2BB/4H.

Of course it will depend a lot on where KC is for the 2nd game.

If Dempster drops the opener against Santana, who is hot, that's one thing.

But if we somehow manage to win the opener, then maybe they're on fire to avoid being swept.

Can't wait to see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id be surprised if he goes any more than 6, with 5IP being more likely. 6H 2R 2BB 4K

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I've never seen him pitch. Read he's got two main pitches: 1) Fastball w/ location being the focal point of strength. 2) a nasty Change. 

I'll go w/ 5.2, 3 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 5 K

I hope we win the series before his game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Heck he can come in and pitch a no hitter, I'm not denying the kid has talent.  As a matter of fact I'm really high on him I just want to take a contrarian Position.  He could be lights out or possibly let the nerves get to him. I'm banking on something inbetween, a good performance spoiled by a bad inning or two.  Hey it's all speculation, that's the fun in this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Heck he can come in and pitch a no hitter, I'm not denying the kid has talent.  As a matter of fact I'm really high on him I just want to take a contrarian Position.  He could be lights out or possibly let the nerves get to him. I'm banking on something inbetween, a good performance spoiled by a bad inning or two.  Hey it's all speculation, that's the fun in this.

Just messin w/ ya'. Sox SP haven't given up over 3 runs in a game all year. heck, my prediction is just keeping w/ this trend. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

5 IPs, 6 hits, 5/3 K/W, 3 ERs

It should be noted that, just like with Bradley, his upper level exposure is really limited, with just 10 IPs above AA.  There is a slight tendency in here to annoint guys saviors based on a small handful of ABs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd be very happy if his first outing was like Lester's.  Lester didn't pitch particularly well, but he battled hard all the way.  I'm just looking to see him be aggressive  with no deer-in-the-headlight look.

Sections
Shortcuts