Preimium Contract not Premium Player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Preimium Contract not Premium Player

One year contracts are not "premium contracts"...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

sorry, but 10 million dollars for one year of a guy with a .600's OPS is a premium contract.

No its not softy.. One year deals arnt team killers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

C. In his best season, he was never a premium hitter

Compared to SSs, he was in 2008 and maybe 2010 as well:

2008: .291  21  67  (55 2B+3B) 76 XBHs! .836 OPS

MLB SS team avg (800 PAs) : .269  12  72 (43 2B+3B) .713 OPS

That's a plus .123 OPS differential in 2008.

2010: .278  15  61  (45 2B+ 3B) 60 XBHs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

premium contracts for 20+M for 5+ years.... a 1 year deal woth 9.5M is not premium....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

sorry, but 10 million dollars for one year of a guy with a .600's OPS is a premium contract.

Is that his "median average" OPS or some other invented number?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

100% of softlaws statistics are made up on the spot.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

The base, not the term, determines premium contract cost. If the term is long and at a premium and beyond a player's early thirties, it becomes an totally incompetent contract offer.

regardless. a base of 9.5 M does not make it a premium contract..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

100% of softlaws statistics are made up on the spot.

Drew's last 2 years' OPS have been: .657 and .713 (career, it is .762), so rounded off to the nearest even numbered 100, I guess softy is right.... it's .600.

;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

That's his median average after he became damaged goods from injury and old age.

I've noted that you think he doesn't have a premium contract and he's a good value and fit who should jump to the front of the line.

Injuries maybe but now 30 years old is old to you softy??? Your getting more and more rediculous with each post.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

That's his median average after he became damaged goods from injury and old age.

I've noted that you think he doesn't have a premium contract and he's a good value and fit who should jump to the front of the line.

Injuries maybe but now 30 years old is old to you softy??? Your getting more and more rediculous with each post.

But the age of VMart who softy wanted to mostly catch until Papi retired, was not a factor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A player in his thirties, who is damaged goods, is not a guy to offer 10 million dollars.

Agreed, but why the need to fabricate stats?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In an offseason where Youkilis gets $12mill anf Ty Wiggington gets $5mill, $9.5 for Drew as a stopgap insurance policy for a team without an experienced MLB SS is pretty fair and tantamount to a flier

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

So nice to see Red Sox fans overwhelmingly supporting manager John's support fo his, in his own words, "premium guy".

"premium guy" has nothing to do with his contract. My best friend is a premium guy and he makes minimum wage!

it's a description of his character not his salary. as usual, you are clueless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

A player in his thirties, who is damaged goods, is not a guy to offer 10 million dollars.

Dude get over it, its for one year... And if drew happens to play good we can ship him off to a SS needy team for some nice prospects and replace him with iglesias... If Drew sucks Iglesias is there to replace him and we can just let drew go at the end of the year... Again Softy one year deals arnt team killers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

No, he is not going to be an all star. Neither is Iggy. I want to see what Drew can do for us

You arleady saw what Drew can do, the last few years and before he got hit in the head in spring training.

You can also see what character Drew has in the team concept, as well as what he can do in a bench role. If he does well and doesn't sulk, he could actually earn the starting job. Do I think he's good enough to do that, no I don't.

Drew's 10 million dollar contract doesn't mean he should jump in the front of the line when he comes off the DL. He has a palyer in front him, now, who played better in the spring and in the first two wins to open the season. Drew needs to get in the back of the line. Carp needs to be DFA.

Has Drew played for the Red Sox before? I can't believe I missed it! So no, I have not seen what Drew can do for this team. I do know that he has a career OPS of .762, which is exactly .265 better than Iglesias. If he can stay healthy he can be productive. If he is not, then sure, bring up the hitless wonder and take a chance that miraculously he has learned how to hit the baseball. No, I do not put much into what he has done in spring training and in two games this year. I want to see at least 250 PAs with a respectable OPS of at least .700. If he cannot hit the baseball he does not belong in the major leagues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In an offseason where Youkilis gets $12mill anf Ty Wiggington gets $5mill, $9.5 for Drew as a stopgap insurance policy for a team without an experienced MLB SS is pretty fair and tantamount to a flier

What about Berkman at $11M?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

What about Berkman at $11M?

BJ upton at 15M

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I would not have used the word "premium" as Farrell did. I would have used "adequate". Drew is not a premium player, nor is he being paid like one.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts