Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual

I am not a fan of the trade, if it comes through.

I will be glad to be wrong.  I know the tream has been 66-86 since a certain time last season, but ...

I do recognize CC never panned out.  A great personal disappointment to me.  I know Josh has had a hard season.   

A-Gon being gone will be hard to take ....

I just have a really bad fealing.

For once ... I am really negative. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual

Woah hoarsie. I love AGon but come on man grab a hold of that positive stuff!  No Crawford, no Beckett!! That is stuff only dreams are made of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I know, B.

But I haven't broken up with anyone or anything in ovedr 37 years ... this feels bad.

I'll prolly be over it soon.

But now ... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bring up the kids I say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I hope they do not sign Hamilton (I know he is awesome) because of his personal issues and that "our" media would destroy him the first minute he fell off the wagon.

I hope they do not extend Elles until after 2013 when he can show us he is more 2011 Elles than 2010 or 2012.

I hope they do not sign an average free-agent pitcher for top dollar because it is the best "available" pitcher on the market.

It will be nearly impossible to top AGon's numbers so I hope the team and fans are prepared to admit just how valuable he has been to us ... it will be evident.

Ortiz might just be brought back now, and I am okay with this if it were a one year deal. We both know Ortiz won't be happy with that. 

Lackey will be given another shot to fill the #3 or #4 role in the rotation. 

We must bring in a pitcher who can lead the staff by example and hopefully help Lester be the #2 or #3 pitcher that he should be, that he must be.

Let's hope this trade goes through and we see the "kiddie corps" Lav, Iggy, and whomever else we have play some MLB all.... just like the good ol' days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual:
    I am not a fan of the trade, if it comes through. I will be glad to be wrong.  I know the tream has been 66-86 since a certain time last season, but ... I do recognize CC never panned out.  A great personal disappointment to me.  I know Josh has had a hard season.    A-Gon being gone will be hard to take .... I just have a really bad fealing. For once ... I am really negative. 
    Posted by SinceYaz

I have that same bad feeling. Not enough return for A-Gon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual:
    Bring up the kids I say.
    Posted by carnie

I agree there, Carnie ... esp. now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual
    In Response to Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual : I have that same bad feeling. Not enough return for A-Gon
    Posted by BOSOX1941

Yup, '41 ... that's part of it.   Especially if the team eats a lot of those contracts ... it hamstrings things

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Good post SY. I was starting to believe I was the only one not happy about this trade tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

HOW DO WE IMPROVE THE PITCHING WITHOUT A TRADE LIKE THIS???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual:
    I hope they do not sign Hamilton (I know he is awesome) because of his personal issues and that "our" media would destroy him the first minute he fell off the wagon.

I like Hamilton but I agree 100%. 

I hope they do not extend Elles until after 2013 when he can show us he is more 2011 Elles than 2010 or 2012.

And with Jackie Bradley seeming such a surfe thing  - even though we all know there is no such thing ....  But I am excited about him...

I hope they do not sign an average free-agent pitcher for top dollar because it is the best "available" pitcher on the market.

I think Henry is through taking those chances.

It will be nearly impossible to top AGon's numbers so I hope the team and fans are prepared to admit just how valuable he has been to us ... it will be evident.

My biggest concern, really.

Ortiz might just be brought back now, and I am okay with this if it were a one year deal. We both know Ortiz won't be happy with that. 

I love Big Papi, but his leg issues don't merit more than a year to year.

Lackey will be given another shot to fill the #3 or #4 role in the rotation.  We must bring in a pitcher who can lead the staff by example and hopefully help Lester be the #2 or #3 pitcher that he should be, that he must be.

Lackey may actually pitch better, his ego stroked by Beckett no longer  being here.

hope this trade goes through and we see the "kiddie corps" Lav, Iggy, and whomever else we have play some MLB all.... just like the good ol' days.

Entitlement ends here, friend.  Now we earn stripes again.

Posted by EnchiladaT

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

Bring up the kids I say.
    Posted by carnie

what kids Carnie... ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

HOW DO WE IMPROVE THE PITCHING WITHOUT A TRADE LIKE THIS???
    Posted by pumpsie-green

Question is ... did we improve it ... or just weaken the offense as well as give up defense?

I hope you are right, Pumpsie.

At least we got top pitching prospects ... not a PTBNL 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

I hope they do not sign Hamilton (I know he is awesome) because of his personal issues and that "our" media would destroy him the first minute he fell off the wagon. I hope they do not extend Elles until after 2013 when he can show us he is more 2011 Elles than 2010 or 2012. I hope they do not sign an average free-agent pitcher for top dollar because it is the best "available" pitcher on the market. It will be nearly impossible to top AGon's numbers so I hope the team and fans are prepared to admit just how valuable he has been to us ... it will be evident. Ortiz might just be brought back now, and I am okay with this if it were a one year deal. We both know Ortiz won't be happy with that.  Lackey will be given another shot to fill the #3 or #4 role in the rotation.  We must bring in a pitcher who can lead the staff by example and hopefully help Lester be the #2 or #3 pitcher that he should be, that he must be. Let's hope this trade goes through and we see the "kiddie corps" Lav, Iggy, and whomever else we have play some MLB all.... just like the good ol' days.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

Problem is that kiddie corps dont fill up the stands unless they are exceptional like mike trout and tromble.... we have nothing that can come close to those types of kids... people want to see stars...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

SinceYaz thanks for commenting on my post; I was aiming for a response from you specifically. Enjoy the evening Sir!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual : what kids Carnie... ?
    Posted by CA_Sox
    Bogaerts, Bradley, De LaRosa, Webster, Brentz.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual : Problem is that kiddie corps dont fill up the stands unless they are exceptional like mike trout and tromble.... we have nothing that can come close to those types of kids... people want to see stars...
    Posted by CA_Sox
    They do if they win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

CA_ the team is not going to the play-offs. They will play the youth now, rather than wait for April when they hope the winds of change have brought in a new attitude, a winning attitude.

It would be criminal to make such moves and not play the kids, even the ones that might be showcased for trades this winter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Good post SY. I was starting to believe I was the only one not happy about this trade tonight.
    Posted by bald-predictions

Baldy, it's a little like hearing that Steve Spurrier or Urban Meyer stepped away from the Gators.

Things won't be the same.

We'll still love em. But it is not the same ...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

SinceYaz thanks for commenting on my post; I was aiming for a response from you specifically. Enjoy the evening Sir!
    Posted by EnchiladaT

As you said once before, at least, we may disagree (or agree) but we do share in a common love of the Sox.

It is time to call it a night!  G night indeed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

CA_ the team is not going to the play-offs. They will play the youth now, rather than wait for April when they hope the winds of change have brought in a new attitude, a winning attitude. It would be criminal to make such moves and not play the kids, even the ones that might be showcased for trades this winter.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

You may just be right but Boston fans will not support or be behind losing teams...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Not true... we are not about to be perennial losers. Posters/fans that think we have to win every year are the ones that make knee-jerk reactions. 

I am sensible. 

We would still have in 2013 without any addition a competitive team, and obviosuly the FO will continue to make some improvments (on paper).

Right now (AGon aside) the team is making the moves I called for last winter. Feels okay to me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Prepare to enjoy watching the Red Sox behind as a seasonal ritual : Bogaerts, Bradley, De LaRosa, Webster, Brentz.
    Posted by carnie

IN a perfect world, these guys would end up being a part of the core of a new group like those that helped the Highlanders with their 90's run with Joe Torre ...

Add in Lavarnway, Middlebrooks, Pedey, of course, Doubront, Lester ..... some others 

it isn't totally bleak ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I agree, the team is ready to be a perennial middle of the road, non playoff type, non-contender. Like this year.

Sections
Shortcuts