pressure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

pressure

MLB top 35 in BA, only AGon and Berkman with a new team.

Switching teams and banking huge FA dollars:

Batting Averages

Crawford  .168  
    Werth   .221
    Dunn   .171
    Wells   .170
    Hall  .218
    Buck  .227
    Huff .196
    LaRoche  .189
    VMart  .250
    Damon  .253
    Uribe  .235
    Wigginton  .233

A position battle, where every 0 for 4 is magnified:

Scutaro  .175  

Being given a starting job because of minor league #s 5 years old:

Salty  .204

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: pressure

I'm glad you posted that about Dunn. I think he'll come around but it's funny how many were clamoring for him and he's struggling just as much right now.

I didn't realize Werth was as bad. To add, he has 4 HRs but just 7 RBIs.

Dunn has 3 HR and 12 RBIs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In Response to Re: pressure:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad you posted that about Dunn. I think he'll come around but it's funny how many were clamoring for him and he's struggling just as much right now. I didn't realize Werth was as bad. To add, he has 4 HRs but just 7 RBIs. Dunn has 3 HR and 12 RBIs.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Sox fans would be apoplectic with Dunn, Werth, ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --TheBabe---. Show --TheBabe---'s posts

Russell Martin seems to be doing ok.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Russell Martin seems to be doing ok.
    Posted by --TheBabe---[/QUOTE]

Good point Babe.  Gotta love April.  You can make all sorts of crazy inferences.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Posting numbers in April doesn't mean much. That's like ranking golfers' scores after 2 holes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Posting numbers in April doesn't mean much. That's like ranking golfers' scores after 2 holes.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

But those are pretty good numbers for Hall aren't they!

Just kidding guys! He's had 3-4 years in that range recently.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---TheBabe----. Show ---TheBabe----'s posts

Last I checked the games in April count just as much as the ones in September.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Last I checked the games in April count just as much as the ones in September.
    Posted by ---TheBabe----[/QUOTE]

And the cost of losing those has been fully incurred by the team Babe.  But, when examining individual stats from any given month, especially in April (as slow starts/fast starts  tend to even out to a player's career norms as the season progresses), is not really worth drawing definite conslusions from.

I will give you that perhaps Martin is experiencing a rennaisance return to all-star form, and that perhaps his hip surgery didn't make him Mikey Lowell Part Deux ... but I seriously hope that he isn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

They don't give out awards for "Best April stats."

Actually there are many MLB players like Cliff Lee, who really don't wow you with their regular season stats...but come alive in postseason. The ironic thing is how this proves that it is a "team game" and one players stats can be rather meaning less, especially when you break it down to a single month.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe-. Show -The--Babe-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: pressure : And the cost of losing those has been fully incurred by the team Babe.  But, when examining individual stats from any given month, especially in April (as slow starts/fast starts  tend to even out to a player's career norms as the season progresses), is not really worth drawing definite conslusions from. I will give you that perhaps Martin is experiencing a rennaisance return to all-star form, and that perhaps his hip surgery didn't make him Mikey Lowell Part Deux ... but I seriously hope that he isn't.

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

But I find it amusing that since the sawx are horrible that many members of the rfn dismiss April like it doesn't count.

But we all know if the sawx had gotten off to a blistering start they would be in here crowing about how they are the best team ever.

Funny how that works.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: pressure : But I find it amusing that since the sawx are horrible that many members of the rfn dismiss April like it doesn't count. But we all know if the sawx had gotten off to a blistering start they would be in here crowing about how they are the best team ever. Funny how that works.
    Posted by -The--Babe-[/QUOTE]

Beni is still crowing about how they are the best team ever.  Funny how that works.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Rang, take a look at Varitek's and Crawford's numbers. Pretty good, aren't they. Just kidding, Varitek has been doing that for years.

Sections
Shortcuts