Price to the Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Price to the Tigers

Worst.

Trade.

Since World War I.

It's one thing to give up a young guy who goes on to become great.  Lots of GMs have done that, and will continue to do that.  We all learn about the future the same way.  and its one thing to trade for 3 elite prospects only to find out they are going to peak as mediocre players.  But this?  Hey, why get 3 prospects and WAIT for the mediocrity?  Why not just get that mediocrity RIGHT NOW? 

Was this deal made because Andrew Friedman is impatient?

This trade was so bad, Selig needs to overturn it.  There is no possible way it could have been made without some sort of blackmail being involved...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Price to the Tigers

Yes, it great for Detroit.  Possibly the best thing to happen to Detroit since the assembly line.

But for Tampa?  I can't begin to think about this.  The only good news for Friedman is the volume of extremely disappointed Rays' fans probably still only barely outnumbers his own immediate family...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Sooo Verlander, Scherzer AND Price. Great. Can't wait to play the Tigers. 

Other names I have posted under: None

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, it great for Detroit.  Possibly the best thing to happen to Detroit since the assembly line.

But for Tampa?  I can't begin to think about this.  The only good news for Friedman is the volume of extremely disappointed Rays' fans probably still only barely outnumbers his own immediate family...

[/QUOTE]

Agree, 10000%  I couldn't believe what Tampa got back for Price, when I heard it on radio. The word soiled comes to mind, in my pants.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

The thing is Orioles, Yanks, and Toronto don't have to face him rest of year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thing is Orioles, Yanks, and Toronto don't have to face him rest of year.

[/QUOTE]

It's not just him they don't have to face it's:

Verlander, Scherzer, Sanchez AND Price. They may if they are in a WildCard one game playoff.