Prices too high for SP... I'd go with....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Prices too high for SP. I'd go with....

My other prediction I made on a past thread. I chose Thornton and Luke Gregerson for the Sox pen. Starting pitching is just unbelievably overpriced this year and certainly not worth the haul of prospects teams are asking for, especially for Lee.

Gregerson will certainly cost a prospect or 2, but not top ones and hes under control for another year. he can get RHH out and will mix in well with our group in the pen.

I say the Sox stand pat with SP and go with a RHP for the pen and hope Buch comes back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Prices too high for SP. I'd go with....

In response to southpaw777's comment:

My other prediction I made on a past thread. I chose Thornton and Luke Gregerson for the Sox pen. Starting pitching is just unbelievably overpriced this year and certainly not worth the haul of prospects teams are asking for, especially for Lee.

Gregerson will certainly cost a prospect or 2, but not top ones and hes under control for another year. he can get RHH out and will mix in well with our group in the pen.

I say the Sox stand pat with SP and go with a RHP for the pen and hope Buch comes back.

As of this morning we are THIRD in the AL in SP, but NINTH in RP. There is no one reasonably priced out there who can replace Buchholz, and we definitely need a RHRP or two. Essentially, I agree with you. Fortify the pen and hope CB comes back healthy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

As of this morning we are THIRD in the AL in SP, but NINTH in RP. There is no one reasonably priced out there who can replace Buchholz, and we definitely need a RHRP or two. Essentially, I agree with you. Fortify the pen and hope CB comes back healthy.

[/QUOTE]

Very much agree.  I'd rather get what we can get for relievers at a reasonable price and take our chances this year with what we've got than mortgage our future for Cliff Lee. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i am all for any pitching help.  RP or SP.

we all agree that koji is closer for the rest of the year?  his #'s are redunk...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The bottom with Lee is , it is too much money, too many prospects and a real question about his pitching recently. Is it a little slump or the beginning of a decline in his productivity. Put it all together and it is too much of a gamble. Take him as a salary dump or not at all. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Lee is too expensive and too old to give up high prospects. That's my view. Maybe Lee is the type to stay healthy and pitch well into his late 30s, but that is a crpshoot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In the last week it has become apparent that the Sox need another bat more than either faction of pitching. They lost 3 games to left handed pitching! They need a bat who can consistantly hit Lefties. Young would have made a nice addition, however he's envoking his NTC ,he will only except a trade to Texas. Hunter Pence would make sense provided the giants aren't asking for the moon. I would actually like to see them add Raji Davis from Toronto he kills us and he has value. He is also availible!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

i am all for any pitching help.  RP or SP.

we all agree that koji is closer for the rest of the year?  his #'s are redunk...

I have my doubts about Koji staying healthy for the entire year.

But, if he can, he's definitely the man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In the last week it has become apparent that the Sox need another bat more than either faction of pitching. They lost 3 games to left handed pitching! They need a bat who can consistantly hit Lefties. Young would have made a nice addition, however he's envoking his NTC ,he will only except a trade to Texas. Hunter Pence would make sense provided the giants aren't asking for the moon. I would actually like to see them add Raji Davis from Toronto he kills us and he has value. He is also availible!

Michael Morse has killed LHP this year and can play 1b and OF. Maybe the M's make him available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Buchholz is done. He is not coming back since he doe not have the mental toughness to work through minor ailments. 

Without a 1or 2 pitcher, the RS will go nowhere in the PS. We need Peavy or Lee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Prices too high for SP... I'd go with....

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Buchholz is done. He is not coming back since he doe not have the mental toughness to work through minor ailments. 

Without a 1or 2 pitcher, the RS will go nowhere in the PS. We need Peavy or Lee.

Peavy will not help us much and Lee is going to cost us a big part of the future success of the club. Buchholz may be done, and if he is we are screwed. I am not willing to give much of anything for Cliff Lee, even if it means we have a better chance for a ring this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Dodgers Sign Brian Wilson By Tim Dierkes [July 30, 2013 at 1:26pm CST]

The Dodgers signed free agent reliever Brian Wilson,tweets Yahoo's Tim Brown.  It's a guaranteed big league deal, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.  The Beard had a long road to recovery from April 2012 Tommy John surgery.  He spent his entire career in the Giants organization, racking up 171 saves in the process.  The Giants non-tendered him after last season, and the fully-recovered Wilson auditioned for many teams Thursday.  Wilson had three offers, notes Brown.  The 31-year-old reliever is represented by MVP Sports Group.

USATSI_6175388

The Dodgers' bullpen struggled at the outset of the season, partially due to the decision to anoint Brandon League the closer.  Kenley Jansen officially usurped that role in mid-June.  The Dodgers have also gotten good work from lefties J.P. Howell and Paco Rodriguez.

The tentative plan for Wilson is to begin at the Dodgers' complex in Arizona, then go to Rancho Cucamonga as part of a rehab assignment, and then report to the Dodgers in two weeks, tweets Brown.  In theory, the move could take the Dodgers out of the running for other, similar relievers available for trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea about Buch. Your just whining because Buch made you upset that he wanted a 2nd opinion and was overly concerned about his throwing shoulder. If he wasnt coming back the Sox would 100% already traded for a front line starter...

We dont NEED Peavy or Lee at the price theyre asking for. That ridiculous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Dodgers Sign Brian Wilson By Tim Dierkes[July 30, 2013 at 1:26pm CST]

The Dodgers signed free agent reliever Brian Wilson,tweets Yahoo's Tim Brown.  It's a guaranteed big league deal, tweets ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.  The Beard had a long road to recovery from April 2012 Tommy John surgery.  He spent his entire career in the Giants organization, racking up 171 saves in the process.  The Giants non-tendered him after last season, and the fully-recovered Wilson auditioned for many teams Thursday.  Wilson had three offers, notes Brown.  The 31-year-old reliever is represented by MVP Sports Group.

USATSI_6175388

The Dodgers' bullpen struggled at the outset of the season, partially due to the decision to anoint Brandon League the closer.  Kenley Jansen officially usurped that role in mid-June.  The Dodgers have also gotten good work from lefties J.P. Howell and Paco Rodriguez.

The tentative plan for Wilson is to begin at the Dodgers' complex in Arizona, then go to Rancho Cucamonga as part of a rehab assignment, and then report to the Dodgers in two weeks, tweets Brown.  In theory, the move could take the Dodgers out of the running for other, similar relievers available for trade.

The Dodgers are going for the brass ring. They should easily pull away in the NL West. They will be a very dangerous team in the post season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Any time a G.M. Tells himself he "needs" someone....he's already lost.

Sections
Shortcuts