1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: PRIDE NIGHT

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Its not a better place when religious zealots attempt to perpetrate their bigoted viewpoints on citizens who have been discriminated against for years Zac. That only perpetuates bigotry in this country. Our founding fathers didn't set the country up to be run by religious laws, fortunately. But thats exactly what 67 is proposing. It won't make us a better place at all.

I hear U mr green

while I try hard not  to get into these personal deep topics here

let me say this

IMO just because one goes to far in a debate

it doesn't automatically mean  their good points lose all merit

personally I frown on gay pride night

just as i do/would on Irish, Italian or PR pride night

rather see people celebrate what we have in common

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Its not a better place when religious zealots attempt to perpetrate their bigoted viewpoints on citizens who have been discriminated against for years Zac. That only perpetuates bigotry in this country. Our founding fathers didn't set the country up to be run by religious laws, fortunately. But thats exactly what 67 is proposing. It won't make us a better place at all.

I hear U mr green

let me say this

The problem is, society focuses on our differences, not commonalty. Politics and religion cause divisiveness, not unity

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

you guys seem to have a lot more class.

yeah but we got arod :-)

good 2 C U 67

stay strong

IMO  U R trying to make the world a better place

Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing.
    - Warren Spahn

It’s not how hard you practice when somebody is watching, it’s how hard you practice when nobody is watching.

Hitler was trying to make the world a better place by getting rid of a group of people he didn't like. Hate is hate plain and simple.

So you are comparing my christian beliefs to the beliefs of hitler, really?  Hate is a strong word and should not be thrown around so easily.  Do I say you hate christians?  Do you want to get rid of christians, then does that make you like hitler?

OK....you really need to stop hiding behind your Bible.  Why don't you really tell us what YOUR opinion is on this?  Does your Bible tell you what your opinion should be on all topics?  Mine doesn't.....  For the love of GOD...think for yourself.  So please tell us your REAL issue on this... Do you think it's yucky? Do you not like people who are 'different' then you?  Are you 89 years old?  Do you think all homosexual men or women (no idea on your gender) find you irresistable?

Here's a thought....let people live there lives, let a business do what they want to do.  It doesn't mean you have to like it...but remember, you're not the final 'jusdge'.  That job is somebody elses and I'm pretty sure he'd be ticked off if he knew you were trying to do his work.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I hear U mr green

let me say this

Zac, I almost always apreciate and like what you bring to these boards so please understand that I am not attacking you in any way.  I have to say though.... how on earth does one celebrate commonality in the biggest melting pot country in the world?  The beauty of this country is that we are all different....and to me that is something worth celebrating.  When we stop celebrating our 'differences' and support our 'differences' thats when REAL hate and divisiveness happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I hear U mr green

let me say this

I understand what you are saying about gay pride night. As I posted earlier, I don't really understand it either because its hard for me to comprehend why someone should take pride in something over which they have no control. Clay Buchholtz can take pride in the season he has had so far; so can Daniel Nava. I can take pride in being honest because I work at it all the time. Should I take pride in being a man? I guess we agree about gay pride night but for different reasons. That said, I think its grossly unfair for gay folks to have literally thousands of laws on the books that discriminate against them costing them thousands of dollars a year in some cases and in other cases allowing them to be fired from their job simply because they are gay.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ill just come right out and say that I am a believer is Christ. I dont judge anyone for the way they live their life.

I have one all around rule in life. If you treat me and others with respect, you will get the same from me. I dont care if your black, white, gay, straight or whatever. If your a "good person" thats what counts. My cousin is gay and owns his own business, is a caring individual who respects everyone. Theres not a person around that could say a bad thing about him, but because hes gay he has to hear people like 67 spewing their ignorance and acting as if they are better than others. The people who hide behind their bibles and try to tell others how to live their life and dont like someone because of their sexual orientation are the ones who should re read their scriptures. Leave the judging to God. He doesnt need your help.

You dont have to agree with it at all. Thats your right and choice. But dont act all holier than thou and pass judgement on others who you dont even know and who probably dont deserve it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Ill just come right out and say that I am a believer is Christ. I dont judge anyone for the way they live their life.

I have one all around rule in life. If you treat me and others with respect, you will get the same from me. I dont care if your black, white, gay, straight or whatever. If your a "good person" thats what counts. My cousin is gay and owns his own business, is a caring individual who respects everyone. Theres not a person around that could say a bad thing about him, but because hes gay he has to hear people like 67 spewing their ignorance and acting as if they are better than others. The people who hide behind their bibles and try to tell others how to live their life and dont like someone because of their sexual orientation are the ones who should re read their scriptures. Leave the judging to God. He doesnt need your help.

You dont have to agree with it at all. Thats your right and choice. But dont act all holier than thou and pass judgement on others who you dont even know and who probably dont deserve it.

Very well said SP. I myself am sick of all this Pro-gay stuff being pushed on me, as well as people trying to push religion on me. My grandmother is a Jehova's witness and pretty much all she does when i visit with her is try and push that garbage on me. As someone else said, Religion and politics divide people more than it brings people together. I have no problem with other people wanting to practice religion or if someone chooses to be gay, It in no way affects my quality of life if my neighbor is gay or if a family member is gay or if someone wants to look to god as a guide in thier life. I just wish gays and religious people would have as much respect for people who don't choose to be involved in these things as the ones who respect the decisions they have made in life. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Very well said SP. I myself am sick of all this Pro-gay stuff being pushed on me, as well as people trying to push religion on me. My grandmother is a Jehova's witness and pretty much all she does when i visit with her is try and push that garbage on me. As someone else said, Religion and politics divide people more than it brings people together. I have no problem with other people wanting to practice religion or if someone chooses to be gay, It in no way affects my quality of life if my neighbor is gay or if a family member is gay or if someone wants to look to god as a guide in thier life. I just wish gays and religious people would have as much respect for people who don't choose to be involved in these things as the ones who respect the decisions they have made in life. 

What ive leared over the years res, especially from my cuz, is that people dont choose to be gay. Why on earth would anyone open themselves up to all the criticism and ridicule, and even be physically attacked as well as verbally? We all knew from a young age that he was gay. It was pretty obvious.

I dont think you can just throw a blanket over every religious and homosexual person and say "I just wish gays and religious people would have as much respect for people who don't choose to be involved in these things as the ones who respect the decisions they have made in life. "

I understand what your saying, but i think your wording could be more direct to those that dont show respect and try to push their beliefs on others. I know a few gay guys and lesbians through my cousin and they dont push anything on anyone. there are a lot more that dont push their beliefs on others than ones that do from what Ive noticed.

Im not big on all the "celebrations" either res, but I also realize, like PG said, that their should be equal rights across the board when it comes to employment, marriage or whatever.

Respect is the word for the day here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

What ive leared over the years res, especially from my cuz, is that people dont chooseto be gay. Why on earth would anyone open themselves up to all the criticism and ridicule, and even be physically attacked as well as verbally? We all knew from a young age that he was gay. It was pretty obvious.

I dont think you can just throw a blanket over every religious and homosexual person and say "I just wish gays and religious people would have as much respect for people who don't choose to be involved in these things as the ones who respect the decisions they have made in life. "

I understand what your saying, but i think your wording could be more direct to those that dont show respect and try to push their beliefs on others. I know a few gay guys and lesbians through my cousin and they dont push anything on anyone. there are a lot more that dont push their beliefs on others than ones that do from what Ive noticed.

Im not big on all the "celebrations" either res, but I also realize, like PG said, that their should be equal rights across the board when it comes to employment, marriage or whatever.

Respect is the word for the day here.

Very well said my friend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

No one chooses to be gay RES. You are born that way. Some may argue that some people choose to express that facet of their life, but only a fool believes that that part of your life is easily repressed.

As soon as the playing field is level, hopefully in June when the Supreme Court will issue a ruling on DOMA and Prop 8 here in California, then gay people will no longer need to "push it on you" and everyone else demanding equal rights. Currently there are literally thousands of laws on the books discriminating against gay people. If gay people laid in the background and accepted this as OK nothing would ever change. So I don't mind that kind of activism as long as its kept civil. And I look forward to the day, as you do, when it is no longer necessary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_constitutional_amendments_banning_same-sex_unions_by_type

As of 2012 ten states allow same sex marriage, I know this data will change soon.

As of 2012 thirty one states have constitutional amendments that ban legal recognition of same sex unions.

When there is a constitutional ban that means the people of the state have voted against it unlike in mass where one judge made the ultimate decision.

I beleive some of you progressives live in a bubble, you are surrounded by like minded progressives so you believe that you have all the answers, well you don't.

The majority of people in the majority of states believe as I do, marriage is between a man and a woman. And unless we add states to the union there will always be a majority of states who ban same sex unions.

You liken me to hitler, you say I'm a bigot even you zac have said I have gone too far.  Leave your progressive states and travel to the majority of states in this country, the other thirty one and talk to people who believe marriage is between a man and a woman, broaden your narrow minded beliefs.

I never said those with ssad where inherently evil people, I never said I hated them.  As a christian I am called to love everyone, love the sinner, not the sin, and I do.  I don't have to like how they are stuffing their agenda down my throat.  Of course some work, pay taxes and are good citizens, some don't, that can be said of everyone.  No one said they didn't.

I stand by everything I said and I have a right to state my personal and religious beliefs because I live in america. I have a right to call fenway and expresse my displeasure in what they did and I will exercise my right. 

As of now I have a right to freedom of religion and freedom of speach although some of you here don't believe I should exercise that right.  There may come a day when I loose these rights but up until that day I will speak.

You may not like my opinions but people have died so I may have the right to express them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Just put the bigots on ignore...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

+1000000000000

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

67RedSox you are certainly too far gone to reason with. However I personally am tired of gays needing their own parades and special events... really. I have gay friends, I used to go to gay bars with my friends, and I don't argue their right to marry but for heavens sake stop with the promotional garbage.

The point of any demonstration of pride is because they have been singled out and  discriminated against. When the day comes that everyone is truly accepted as they are, the need for professions of pride will no longer be necessary. This is their way of trying to gain true equality in society. Who are we to tell them how to accomplish their goals? When our founders wanted freedom they resorted to coercion, intimidation, and killing of those who opposed them. They paraded proudly as rebels or patriots as they called it. Peaceful demonstrations of pride to accomplish goals doesn't hurt anyone and if they feel it helps their cause more power to them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_constitutional_amendments_banning_same-sex_unions_by_type

As of 2012 ten states allow same sex marriage, I know this data will change soon.

As of 2012 thirty one states have constitutional amendments that ban legal recognition of same sex unions.

When there is a constitutional ban that means the people of the state have voted against it unlike in mass where one judge made the ultimate decision.

I beleive some of you progressives live in a bubble, you are surrounded by like minded progressives so you believe that you have all the answers, well you don't.

The majority of people in the majority of states believe as I do, marriage is between a man and a woman. And unless we add states to the union there will always be a majority of states who ban same sex unions.

You liken me to hitler, you say I'm a bigot even you zac have said I have gone too far.  Leave your progressive states and travel to the majority of states in this country, the other thirty one and talk to people who believe marriage is between a man and a woman, broaden your narrow minded beliefs.

I never said those with ssad where inherently evil people, I never said I hated them.  As a christian I am called to love everyone, love the sinner, not the sin, and I do.  I don't have to like how they are stuffing their agenda down my throat.  Of course some work, pay taxes and are good citizens, some don't, that can be said of everyone.  No one said they didn't.

I stand by everything I said and I have a right to state my personal and religious beliefs because I live in america. I have a right to call fenway and expresse my displeasure in what they did and I will exercise my right. 

As of now I have a right to freedom of religion and freedom of speach although some of you here don't believe I should exercise that right.  There may come a day when I loose these rights but up until that day I will speak.

You may not like my opinions but people have died so I may have the right to express them.

Ahhh defense of institutionalized discrimination, sounds like the 1960s all over again. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Wow..I mean...just wow! While 67redsox is certainly entitled to her opinion...I'd like to know one thing...was she in attendance at Fenway park for this game..? If not..then I'd like to be a fly on the wall of the Red Sox office which she calls on Monday. (BTW..why wait. I am sure there's someone there today).  Picture it..you work for the Red Sox and you get a call from someone complaining about a game that they didn't even attend. I can see the eye rolling now.

The Red Sox do these kinds of things all the time at Fenway for groups of all kinds. If someone doesn't agree with the "homosexual agenda" then it is very simple. Don't buy a ticket that night.

By the way..the "homosexual agenda" is about seeking equality..not indoctrination. Perhaps it is a generational thing with 67..I don't know.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I feel sorry for anyne that has to live a life of secrecy because they have close family members like "people who will remain unanimous"  Shame those people have no idea the harm they are doing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I feel sorry for anyne that has to live a life of secrecy because they have close family members like "people who will remain unanimous"  Shame those people have no idea the harm they are doing.

We knew my cousin was gay before he did. You could see it when he was younger. Its not like he chose to be. We love him and accept him just the way he is. He is a beautiful human being.

67 certainly has her opinions and certainly has the freedom of speech to express them. Nobody here has said otherwise. Shes has made her opinions perfectly clear and at least now I know what she is all about and personally want nothing to do with someone like that. Ill pray for her.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Zac, I almost always apreciate and like what you bring to these boards so please understand that I am not attacking you in any way.  I have to say though.... how on earth does one celebrate commonality in the biggest melting pot country in the world?  The beauty of this country is that we are all different....and to me that is something worth celebrating.  When we stop celebrating our 'differences' and support our 'differences' thats when REAL hate and divisiveness happens.

thanks 4 the kind words kingfish

how on earth does one celebrate commonality in the biggest melting pot country in the world?

not sure exactly what U R asking

but we do it all the time on the 4th, thanksgiving, veterans day etc

The beauty of this country is that we are all different....and to me that is something worth celebrating.  When we stop celebrating our 'differences' and support our 'differences' thats when REAL hate and divisiveness happens.

no doubt king

I will be pondering that for a while more as

I know many others feel the same as U do

I'm just not feeling it

obviously I must be taking it the wrong way

but for now I see it as ''hey we are this and you're not ''

I think we can agree that for that '' better world ''

our goal should be getting everyone believing and acting like

everyone no matter race or sex is equal

I just don't how celebrating our differences

ON MAIN ST helps us reach that goal

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

67 certainly has her opinions and certainly has the freedom of speech to express them. Nobody here has said otherwise. Shes has made her opinions perfectly clear and at least now I know what she is all about and personally want nothing to do with someone like that. Ill pray for her.

What's ironic is that she has and wants the freedom to express her opinion, but has made it clear that Big Papi is not allowed the same freedom of expression. If she would just give everyone the same equality, she would find it brings peace and love.

Wow..that's a really good point. Somehow I don't think she will see the irony. People who spend their lives judging others usually don't see the irony of their actions...

In fact..if you remember..she wasn't even crazy about you expressing your opinion either...and made some pretty unfair assumptions of her own.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ahhh defense of institutionalized discrimination, sounds like the 1960s all over again. 

No, the case of the electorate speaking, this is still america isn't it?  Why should a few people in black robes tell us how to run our states.  There is that problamatic sentence, "We the People"

I wonder why you arn't so up in arms with tens of thousands of christians being killed for their faith.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/02/vatican-spokesman-claims-100000-christians-killed-annually-because-faith/

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts