1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: PRIDE NIGHT

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I feel sorry for anyne that has to live a life of secrecy because they have close family members like "people who will remain unanimous"  Shame those people have no idea the harm they are doing.

We knew my cousin was gay before he did. You could see it when he was younger. Its not like he chose to be. We love him and accept him just the way he is. He is a beautiful human being.

67 certainly has her opinions and certainly has the freedom of speech to express them. Nobody here has said otherwise. Shes has made her opinions perfectly clear and at least now I know what she is all about and personally want nothing to do with someone like that. Ill pray for her.

Thanks for your prayers, I keep everyone on this board in mine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I feel sorry for anyne that has to live a life of secrecy because they have close family members like "people who will remain unanimous"  Shame those people have no idea the harm they are doing.

We knew my cousin was gay before he did. You could see it when he was younger. Its not like he chose to be. We love him and accept him just the way he is. He is a beautiful human being.

67 certainly has her opinions and certainly has the freedom of speech to express them. Nobody here has said otherwise. Shes has made her opinions perfectly clear and at least now I know what she is all about and personally want nothing to do with someone like that. Ill pray for her.

Thanks for your prayers, I keep everyone on this board in mine.

YW Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Ill just come right out and say that I am a believer is Christ. I dont judge anyone for the way they live their life.

I have one all around rule in life. If you treat me and others with respect, you will get the same from me. I dont care if your black, white, gay, straight or whatever. If your a "good person" thats what counts. My cousin is gay and owns his own business, is a caring individual who respects everyone. Theres not a person around that could say a bad thing about him, but because hes gay he has to hear people like 67 spewing their ignorance and acting as if they are better than others. The people who hide behind their bibles and try to tell others how to live their life and dont like someone because of their sexual orientation are the ones who should re read their scriptures. Leave the judging to God. He doesnt need your help.

You dont have to agree with it at all. Thats your right and choice. But dont act all holier than thou and pass judgement on others who you dont even know and who probably dont deserve it.

Very well said SP. I myself am sick of all this Pro-gay stuff being pushed on me, as well as people trying to push religion on me. My grandmother is a Jehova's witness and pretty much all she does when i visit with her is try and push that garbage on me. As someone else said, Religion and politics divide people more than it brings people together. I have no problem with other people wanting to practice religion or if someone chooses to be gay, It in no way affects my quality of life if my neighbor is gay or if a family member is gay or if someone wants to look to god as a guide in thier life. I just wish gays and religious people would have as much respect for people who don't choose to be involved in these things as the ones who respect the decisions they have made in life. 

No one chooses to be gay RES. You are born that way. Some may argue that some people choose to express that facet of their life, but only a fool believes that that part of your life is easily repressed.

There is no scientific proof to back your statement

As soon as the playing field is level, hopefully in June when the Supreme Court will issue a ruling on DOMA and Prop 8 here in California, then gay people will no longer need to "push it on you" and everyone else demanding equal rights. Currently there are literally thousands of laws on the books discriminating against gay people. If gay people laid in the background and accepted this as OK nothing would ever change. So I don't mind that kind of activism as long as its kept civil. And I look forward to the day, as you do, when it is no longer necessary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

[QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_constitutional_amendments_banning_same-sex_unions_by_type

As of 2012 ten states allow same sex marriage, I know this data will change soon.

As of 2012 thirty one states have constitutional amendments that ban legal recognition of same sex unions.

When there is a constitutional ban that means the people of the state have voted against it unlike in mass where one judge made the ultimate decision.

I beleive some of you progressives live in a bubble, you are surrounded by like minded progressives so you believe that you have all the answers, well you don't.

The majority of people in the majority of states believe as I do, marriage is between a man and a woman. And unless we add states to the union there will always be a majority of states who ban same sex unions.

You liken me to hitler, you say I'm a bigot even you zac have said I have gone too far.  Leave your progressive states and travel to the majority of states in this country, the other thirty one and talk to people who believe marriage is between a man and a woman, broaden your narrow minded beliefs.

I never said those with ssad where inherently evil people, I never said I hated them.  As a christian I am called to love everyone, love the sinner, not the sin, and I do.  I don't have to like how they are stuffing their agenda down my throat.  Of course some work, pay taxes and are good citizens, some don't, that can be said of everyone.  No one said they didn't.

I stand by everything I said and I have a right to state my personal and religious beliefs because I live in america. I have a right to call fenway and expresse my displeasure in what they did and I will exercise my right. 

As of now I have a right to freedom of religion and freedom of speach although some of you here don't believe I should exercise that right.  There may come a day when I loose these rights but up until that day I will speak.

You may not like my opinions but people have died so I may have the right to express them.

Ahhh defense of institutionalized discrimination, sounds like the 1960s all over again. 

No, the case of the electorate speaking, this is still america isn't it?  Why should a few people in black robes tell us how to run our states.  There is that problamatic sentence, "We the People"

I wonder why you arn't so up in arms with tens of thousands of christians being killed for their faith.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/02/vatican-spokesman-claims-100000-christians-killed-annually-because-faith/

It is terrible that anyone is killed anywhere in the world for something that is not a crime. But how many Christians are killed in the United States each year because of their faith? We are only talking about what happens here. Our country is rightly and strongly opposed to Christian persecution in other countries and of course here as well. Our country stands as a beacon of tolerance and I am proud of that. There is much more chance of persecution of religions other than Christianity in this country.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_constitutional_amendments_banning_same-sex_unions_by_type

As of 2012 ten states allow same sex marriage, I know this data will change soon.

As of 2012 thirty one states have constitutional amendments that ban legal recognition of same sex unions.

When there is a constitutional ban that means the people of the state have voted against it unlike in mass where one judge made the ultimate decision.

I beleive some of you progressives live in a bubble, you are surrounded by like minded progressives so you believe that you have all the answers, well you don't.

The majority of people in the majority of states believe as I do, marriage is between a man and a woman. And unless we add states to the union there will always be a majority of states who ban same sex unions.

You liken me to hitler, you say I'm a bigot even you zac have said I have gone too far.  Leave your progressive states and travel to the majority of states in this country, the other thirty one and talk to people who believe marriage is between a man and a woman, broaden your narrow minded beliefs.

I never said those with ssad where inherently evil people, I never said I hated them.  As a christian I am called to love everyone, love the sinner, not the sin, and I do.  I don't have to like how they are stuffing their agenda down my throat.  Of course some work, pay taxes and are good citizens, some don't, that can be said of everyone.  No one said they didn't.

I stand by everything I said and I have a right to state my personal and religious beliefs because I live in america. I have a right to call fenway and expresse my displeasure in what they did and I will exercise my right. 

As of now I have a right to freedom of religion and freedom of speach although some of you here don't believe I should exercise that right.  There may come a day when I loose these rights but up until that day I will speak.

You may not like my opinions but people have died so I may have the right to express them.

Ahhh defense of institutionalized discrimination, sounds like the 1960s all over again. 

No, the case of the electorate speaking, this is still america isn't it?  Why should a few people in black robes tell us how to run our states.  There is that problamatic sentence, "We the People"

I wonder why you arn't so up in arms with tens of thousands of christians being killed for their faith.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06/02/vatican-spokesman-claims-100000-christians-killed-annually-because-faith/

There's this thing called history you should check it out sometime. Try loving v virginia, why is it okay for the supreme court to decide that something like seprate but equal as well as interracial marriage bans are illigal despite a lot of the population being against them at the time. Check out such organizations as mad (moms against desegregation). This is a constitutional issue, and in regards to the 14th amendment any ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional. And please explain what this foxnews article has to do with gay marriage or gay pride. Absolutely nothing, you know you are a hateful bigot and are trying to change the argument. Not this time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Can we have a heterosexual pride night?  

Were families told what was going on?  I hope so because people who do not want to participate in such a night or who don't want their money going to this organization should have been given a heads up so they could choose weather or not they wanted to attend.

Baseball is a family game and I don't believe the sox should push this agenda down other peoples throats.  People complain all the time that they don't want christian values pushed on them, why should christians have this issue pushed on them.

I'm glad my dad didn't live to see this day.

Says the same guy who LOVES TO SEE Tim Tebow take a knee 50 times per game.

Says the same guy who WANTS A GUY like Tebow to be interviewed 50 times per day, where he can SHOVE HIS PERSONAL LIFE & LIFE CHOICES down all our throats.

Listen 67, I'm a Christian too, but I don't pretend that there is no double standard.

In fact.....  One night, I recall you participating in posting all over the picture of that Sports Illustrated Swim suit winner (forget her name).  I recall you getting pretty worked up over her sexuality on full display for BDC members.  Why were you not complaining about this???  You weren't fool.

At least have the sack to man up & just admit that you hate homosexuality.  Don't give us this line of bs...... 

You & Stiffy really have a HO for this subject.  You both get all in a twitter over this stuff  ;)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

A global study:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/06/05/a-revealing-map-of-the-countries-that-are-most-and-least-tolerant-of-homosexuality/

I suspect a correlation between acceptance of variations in religion and sexual orientation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

It is terrible that anyone is killed anywhere in the world for something that is not a crime. But how many Christians are killed in the United States each year because of their faith? We are only talking about what happens here. Our country is rightly and strongly opposed to Christian persecution in other countries and of cours here as well. Our country stands as a beacon of tolerance and I am proud of that. There is much more chance of persecution of religions other than Christianity in this country.

Hmmm..... There is religious freedom in this country?  Really?  What about that baker who doesn't want to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple?  They have reported him and he is facing charges that may put him in jail with hundreds of dollars in fines.  He is by far not the only one who has to face these charges.

I was a vendor in the wedding industry for years.  When dc passed same sex marriage myself as well any many christians and a jewish friend were afraid, yes afraid.

Do we stand firm in our beliefs, if so will we be thrown in jail, fined, lose our business?  Some of you disagree with my beliefs, you think I'm holier than thou etc.  If you knew me you would know how silly that statement is.

Many, the majority in 31 states, feel as I do. I do not believe in same sex marriage, I have strong religious beliefs.  If you think I'm wrong so be it.  If I have to die for my beliefs like those overseas I will. 

If you think that type of behavior won't happen here. Have you been reading these threads. Have you read the vile names I have been called, I have been liken to hitler. Yes, hitler. Wow!

What names have I called people here, who have I likened to hitler.  I believe marriage is between a man and a women, how is that spewing hate at those this ssad.

I am enjoying my freedoms now, I don't know how long I will have them.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Can we have a heterosexual pride night?  

Were families told what was going on?  I hope so because people who do not want to participate in such a night or who don't want their money going to this organization should have been given a heads up so they could choose weather or not they wanted to attend.

Baseball is a family game and I don't believe the sox should push this agenda down other peoples throats.  People complain all the time that they don't want christian values pushed on them, why should christians have this issue pushed on them.

I'm glad my dad didn't live to see this day.

Says the same guy who LOVES TO SEE Tim Tebow take a knee 50 times per game.

Says the same guy who WANTS A GUY like Tebow to be interviewed 50 times per day, where he can SHOVE HIS PERSONAL LIFE & LIFE CHOICES down all our throats.

Listen 67, I'm a Christian too, but I don't pretend that there is no double standard.

In fact.....  One night, I recall you participating in posting all over the picture of that Sports Illustrated Swim suit winner (forget her name).  I recall you getting pretty worked up over her sexuality on full display for BDC members.  Why were you not complaining about this???  You weren't fool.

At least have the sack to man up & just admit that you hate homosexuality.  Don't give us this line of bs...... 

You & Stiffy really have a HO for this subject.  You both get all in a twitter over this stuff  ;)

I beleive you have me mixed up with someone else.  I'm a lady not a guy.  I didn't post any women in swim suites.  I believe women should dress more modestly, I certainly would not post pictures of scantily clad ladies LOL!

I never said I wanted tim tebow interviewed 50 times a day but if you want a double standard obama called collins because he came out but he didn't call tibow for professing his faith.

Please, before you accuse people of something and calling them a fool make sure you are talking to the right person.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

It is terrible that anyone is killed anywhere in the world for something that is not a crime. But how many Christians are killed in the United States each year because of their faith? We are only talking about what happens here. Our country is rightly and strongly opposed to Christian persecution in other countries and of cours here as well. Our country stands as a beacon of tolerance and I am proud of that. There is much more chance of persecution of religions other than Christianity in this country.

Hmmm..... There is religious freedom in this country?  Really?  What about that baker who doesn't want to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple?  They have reported him and he is facing charges that may put him in jail with hundreds of dollars in fines.  He is by far not the only one who has to face these charges.

I was a vendor in the wedding industry for years.  When dc passed same sex marriage myself as well any many christians and a jewish friend were afraid, yes afraid.

Do we stand firm in our beliefs, if so will we be thrown in jail, fined, lose our business?  Some of you disagree with my beliefs, you think I'm holier than thou etc.  If you knew me you would know how silly that statement is.

Many, the majority in 31 states, feel as I do. I do not believe in same sex marriage, I have strong religious beliefs.  If you think I'm wrong so be it.  If I have to die for my beliefs like those overseas I will. 

If you think that type of behavior won't happen here. Have you been reading these threads. Have you read the vile names I have been called, I have been liken to hitler. Yes, hitler. Wow!

What names have I called people here, who have I likened to hitler.  I believe marriage is between a man and a women, how is that spewing hate at those this ssad.

Again in the 1950s and 60s many whites said it was agianst their religion and conscience to serve African Americans. How you can't see either as being an issue is beyond me. Oh yeah you are a bigot.

I would love to have a good debate with you as I have had with others on this board but I am a bit tired of you calling me names.  It's getting old, it's not productive and not very mature.  I am now putting you on ignore.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Again in the 1950s and 60s many whites said it was agianst their religion and conscience to serve African Americans. How you can't see either as being an issue is beyond me. Oh yeah you are a bigot.

I would love to have a good debate with you as I have had with others on this board but I am a bit tired of you calling me names.  It's getting old, it's not productive and not very mature.  I am now putting you on ignore.

You are what you are clearly nothing is going to change that. I pray that one day you are able to see the error of your ways. You never will though and you will keep spreading your hate. I hope non of your grandchildren end up suffering from what you claim to be a disorder because you clearly will make them hate themselves, have a good life been done with you for a while.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts