1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: PRIDE NIGHT

I have some really bad news for 67RedSox, and it's this. 

You most likely have friends who are gay, and you don't even know it! 

I had a friend whom I played ball with and we went to bars and sporting events with.  He was killed by a homophobe after trying to pick up a guy in a strange city, and during the trial was the first time I had any idea that my friend was gay.

While I hope nothing like this happens to a friend of yours I can promise you that if it does you'll take a hard look at your attitude toward gays and realize that there's more to a person than what they do in the bedroom. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Bigots use terms like "gay" to describe same-sex sexual proclivity & behavior. Bigots falsely equate behavior with skin pigmentation and physical identity. Bigots use terms like "straight".

Bigots insist on a monlithic propaganda narrtive under the pretense of controlling what terms and language are "acceptable".

Bigots defile natural law and want class legal rights for a particular subjecive behavior.  

Very true, especially the part about skin pigmentation and physical identity. 

Hold up a mirror in front of you ....that is a bigot.

Unfortunately you can tell bigots like Softy and 67 what the reality is about the positions they are taking a thousand times and in their small minds they will find a reason to justify their beliefs just as many times. The good news is that most civilized countries are coming around-as is this country. Yes, we all have our predjudices, but I learned early on that the first step in combatting them is to admit that you have them. Own your mistaken predjudices,  then work to change them. Softy and 67 are not there yet. Likely, they never will be.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The complaint seeks to force Masterpiece Cakeshop to “cease and desist” the practice of refusing wedding cakes for gay couples, and to tell the public that their business is open to everyone.

If Phillips loses the case and refuses to comply with the order, he would face fines of $500 per case and up to a year in jail, his attorney said.

“It would force him to choose between his conscience and a paycheck. I just think that’s an intolerable choice,” Martin said.

___

In the catholic faith we are not allow to participate in anothers sin.  I am not allowed to drive someone to get an abortion and I'm not allowed to participate in same sex unions.  Providing serviced to these weddings is participating.  You may agree or disagree but that is what my faith teaches.

So, now christians who firmly believe this are made to choose between God and man.  This baker is being forced to choose between God and going to jail.  This is not the only case I have read about.

To sell to some one who lies, cheats etc. is a different matter.  I am not participating in their sin of cheating etc. by selling them a wedding cake.

I and a number of my friends where faced with the same issue when same sex marriage came to dc.  We were afraid the same thing could happen to us.  If we choose to keep firm in our faith in God we could loose everything and potentialy go to jail.  If we go along with the homosexual agenda we have to answer to God on judgement day.

I have used to have freedom of religion in this country but no more.  In this country we used to be able to practice any religion we wanted but no more.  Look at the link I posted above.

I am retired but I know about the wedding industry because I was a vendor.  I know there are vendors who specialize in same sex weddings.  There are bridal fairs who specialize in same sex weddings.  I feel bad for the choice this man is being made to make.  God or jail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wonder how Softlaw and 67 would feel if one of their children came out of the closet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All this to say, as I run out of time, I am essentially supporting Pumpsie here – when do we treat people as people instead of always making a time for this group – essentially in your face – v. that group.

Am I blind to inhumane treatment.  Not for a second.   But I am tired of special stuff.   Martin Luther King Day?  Sure.   Washington and Lincoln days?  Sure.  My group v. your group days?  I tire ….

Just because you are tired of it does not mean it is not needed. And it is not about my group vs. your group. It is about pride in my group and asserting our place as equals in society. It will end when all people accept each other as equals. Did that happen already? Did I miss something?

[/QUOTE]

My Friend,

Just because you are tired of it does not mean it is not needed.

Certainly some truth in that.  Vigilance is a requirement for anything good.  But it doesn't mean I can't get tired of it.  I still work for the effort for each one to be treated as humans should.

And it is not about my group vs. your group. It is about pride in my group and asserting our place as equals in society. It will end when all people accept each other as equals.

Then it will surely never end.  Some will continue to assert they have been wronged, no matter how long the effort goes.  And then, as one group fells they are gaining equality, others will feel they have lost ground and will fight to regain what is lost.  Especially if the gaining group is in your face about it.

We are a relatively young society.  A wee bit more than 200 years working on getting this worked out.  In total, we are doing far better than some that have been around for centuries or even millenium.   But we have a ways to go, I realize.

Did that happen already? Did I miss something?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I had a friend whom I played ball with and we went to bars and sporting events with.  He was killed by a homophobe after trying to pick up a guy in a strange city, and during the trial was the first time I had any idea that my friend was gay.

While I hope nothing like this happens to a friend of yours I can promise you that if it does you'll take a hard look at your attitude toward gays and realize that there's more to a person than what they do in the bedroom. 

When I lived in boston I had homosexual friends.  My religious beliefs stand.

Tens of thousands of christians die every years for their faith.  When I mentioned this earlier one poster said he didn't care about what happens over seas, he only cares about what happens in america. Really!!!  What a horrible thing to say.

What if I had said tens of thousands of homosexuals were killed each year?  Everyone on this board would be very upset.  Chrisitans, not so much. Sad.

I have said this before but let me say it again.

In my faith, the catholic faith, we are taught this.

We are all God's children and he loves us all.

He loves the sinner but not the sin.

We are all sinners.  Catholics have the great gift of reconciliation.  We confess our sins and do our best to sin no more.

We are not allowed to hate anyone and we are not allowed to say anyone is going to hell.  Only God reads hearts and only He knows what graces he gives.

We must treat those with ssad with dignity and respect but we must not accept there behavior

God wants all to go to heaven, since we have free will we chose to go to heaven or not.

Our faith teaches that sex in meant for a man and a women who are married.

The old testement teaches us this in a number of passages starting with creation.  God made man and women and told them to multiply.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Picture the nativity, we all see them at Christmas.  Jesus chose to come to earth through a family that was made of a man and a woman.  He could have come to earth any way he wanted, he is God.

He performed his first miracle at a wedding feast of a man and a woman.  Three major moments in the bible and God chose to use a man and a woman.

We must not be cruel to anyone.  Not people who are fat, ugly, slow, different skin color, those with attention deficiet disorer(like my son) or those with any mental, physical or sexual disorder.

We must be faithful to the teachings of the catholic church.  Agree or disagree with those teachings, it doesn't matter.  What does matter is that we have, or used to have, freedom of religion in this country.

So for us it comes down to jail or God.  Read the link I posted about that service man.  I agree that re-tweeting the post about those with ssad was wrong.  But what the service has done to him is much worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

It is terrible that anyone is killed anywhere in the world for something that is not a crime. But how many Christians are killed in the United States each year because of their faith? We are only talking about what happens here. Our country is rightly and strongly opposed to Christian persecution in other countries and of cours here as well. Our country stands as a beacon of tolerance and I am proud of that. There is much more chance of persecution of religions other than Christianity in this country.

Hmmm..... There is religious freedom in this country?  Really?  What about that baker who doesn't want to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple?  They have reported him and he is facing charges that may put him in jail with hundreds of dollars in fines.  He is by far not the only one who has to face these charges.

I was a vendor in the wedding industry for years.  When dc passed same sex marriage myself as well any many christians and a jewish friend were afraid, yes afraid.

Do we stand firm in our beliefs, if so will we be thrown in jail, fined, lose our business?  Some of you disagree with my beliefs, you think I'm holier than thou etc.  If you knew me you would know how silly that statement is.

Many, the majority in 31 states, feel as I do. I do not believe in same sex marriage, I have strong religious beliefs.  If you think I'm wrong so be it.  If I have to die for my beliefs like those overseas I will. 

If you think that type of behavior won't happen here. Have you been reading these threads. Have you read the vile names I have been called, I have been liken to hitler. Yes, hitler. Wow!

What names have I called people here, who have I likened to hitler.  I believe marriage is between a man and a women, how is that spewing hate at those this ssad.

I am enjoying my freedoms now, I don't know how long I will have them.

[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no evidence to support your view that we will be losing religious freedom here. Baking cakes has nothing to do with practicing religion. Where is the evidence of people being jailed for holding certain beliefs or gathering for religious activities? Name calling on a chat board is quite common and cowardly. I do my best to refrain from it. I don't think the name callers have any particular ability to change the laws of our nation or alter the Constitution. I try to keep my discussions from becoming personal because that weakens your argument. I sincerely think you are over-reacting to certain incidents involving businesses. They will not lead to any sort of persecution of religion or limiting of the rights we are guarnteed in the Constitution. If you think we have a right to choose who to do business then this is a different issue. Should a Jewish run business be allowed to sell only to Jews or shoud an atheist business have the right to exclude theists? This is an entirely different debate. Shoud someone have to confess all their wrong doings before being allowed to buy something from a business? This is not a religious issue, it is a civil rights issue. Selling a cake to a homosexual couple is not tantamount to supporting their sinfulness. Catholicism teaches that we are all sinners, so who would be left to sell to? What if they refused to sell cakes to idolaters, thieves, liars, cheaters? They are probably already unknowingly doing this. That certainly doesn't mean they approve of those sins.

[/QUOTE]

LOL....

Here goes 67 about the terrorized 'christian' cake baker again.....

Forget about the cake baker 67, what about all those Dunkin Donut owners who are FORCED to sell donuts to suspected homosexuals who are likely eating them at local meetings of the GLBT???  You know the type.  They NEVER order those delicious little donut holes!

Seriously though......  I don't thnk any business owner should be forced to DECORATE a cake in a way that runs counter to their religious beliefs.  This I will agree with.

*****My agreement with the oh so bright 67 ends here!  I would venture to guess that his REFUSAL OF SERVICES would extend well beyond the DECORATION of said cake......

I do believe that business owners in P-Town should conversely have the right to refuse services to any suspected christian!  In fact, Jews and Muslims should have the right to refuse services to any christian.  Why should they have to serve anybody who worships a 'false' messiah? 

Do you suppose that guys with the intellectual fire-power of a 67 (this number has nothing to do with the storied Red Sox summer of impossible dreams) has any concept of the law of unintended consequences????

btw.....  I have nothing against 67!  I simply don't have much patience with simple people.  As has been pointed out to me on many occasions.....  I don't suffer fools well ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

"terrorized Christian cake baker" sounds like a straight to tv sci-fi movie to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Please save your thoughts on all things Catholic. 

My gay brother is Catholic.  Instead of wax ignorantly about social issues, he spends his free time helping recent LEGAL immigrants assimilate into our society.  Many of his favorites happen to be Russian and Eastern Europian immigrants who STRONGLY condemn his real identity.  He helps them none the less.  He actually believes in doing the lords work, and helping the poor, meek, and powerless. 

I'm always amazed to hear his stories, and I often ask him why he helps those who would likely hate him if they knew of his homosexuality?  "I forgive them, for they know not what they do."  Have you ever thought of telling them?  "Are you kiddding me?!?!" he would say.

Still......  He's a REAL Christian!  He doen't spend his every waking moment thinking about how he can judge sinners worse than him, as the 67's and Stiffys of this world do!!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I find it strange that there needs to be a "gay pride" night anywhere...any more than an "African American pride" anything either. Why should people be proud of a characteristic they are born with? I can understand being proud that you are honest, generous, loyal etc, but not proud about something over which you have no control at all.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

'

Looking around at the state of the world these days, I can't see there's a whole lot of reason for anyone to feel too proud about much of anything. 

Too negative?Tongue Out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

OMG!!! I've been LMAO listening to what all you sports nuts have been posting on this thread, and it's effinn hilarious! Stick to sports guys.

OMG Dude!  You might want to stick to running around that mouse treadmill.  I'm sure that is taxing enough on your diminutive 'braintrust.'   ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

OMG!!! I've been LMAO listening to what all you sports nuts have been posting on this thread, and it's effinn hilarious! Stick to sports guys.

btw....

The Sunday Globe is out.  You might want to stick to the funny pages ;)

Let's not overwork that little melon.

FYI.....  Walking and chewing gum can in fact be dangerous to many in this society.  This is no laughing matter!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It is terrible that anyone is killed anywhere in the world for something that is not a crime. But how many Christians are killed in the United States each year because of their faith? We are only talking about what happens here. Our country is rightly and strongly opposed to Christian persecution in other countries and of cours here as well. Our country stands as a beacon of tolerance and I am proud of that. There is much more chance of persecution of religions other than Christianity in this country.

Hmmm..... There is religious freedom in this country?  Really?  What about that baker who doesn't want to bake a wedding cake for a homosexual couple?  They have reported him and he is facing charges that may put him in jail with hundreds of dollars in fines.  He is by far not the only one who has to face these charges.

I was a vendor in the wedding industry for years.  When dc passed same sex marriage myself as well any many christians and a jewish friend were afraid, yes afraid.

Do we stand firm in our beliefs, if so will we be thrown in jail, fined, lose our business?  Some of you disagree with my beliefs, you think I'm holier than thou etc.  If you knew me you would know how silly that statement is.

Many, the majority in 31 states, feel as I do. I do not believe in same sex marriage, I have strong religious beliefs.  If you think I'm wrong so be it.  If I have to die for my beliefs like those overseas I will. 

If you think that type of behavior won't happen here. Have you been reading these threads. Have you read the vile names I have been called, I have been liken to hitler. Yes, hitler. Wow!

What names have I called people here, who have I likened to hitler.  I believe marriage is between a man and a women, how is that spewing hate at those this ssad.

[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no evidence to support your view that we will be losing religious freedom here. Baking cakes has nothing to do with practicing religion. Where is the evidence of people being jailed for holding certain beliefs or gathering for religious activities? Name calling on a chat board is quite common and cowardly. I do my best to refrain from it. I don't think the name callers have any particular ability to change the laws of our nation or alter the Constitution. I try to keep my discussions from becoming personal because that weakens your argument. I sincerely think you are over-reacting to certain incidents involving businesses. They will not lead to any sort of persecution of religion or limiting of the rights we are guarnteed in the Constitution. If you think we have a right to choose who to do business then this is a different issue. Should a Jewish run business be allowed to sell only to Jews or shoud an atheist business have the right to exclude theists? This is an entirely different debate. Shoud someone have to confess all their wrong doings before being allowed to buy something from a business? This is not a religious issue, it is a civil rights issue. Selling a cake to a homosexual couple is not tantamount to supporting their sinfulness. Catholicism teaches that we are all sinners, so who would be left to sell to? What if they refused to sell cakes to idolaters, thieves, liars, cheaters? They are probably already unknowingly doing this. That certainly doesn't mean they approve of those sins.

[/QUOTE]

LOL....

Forget about the cake baker 67, what about all those Dunkin Donut owners who are FORCED to sell donuts to suspected homosexuals who are likely eating them at local meetings of the GLBT???  You know the type.  They NEVER order those delicious little donut holes!

Seriously though......  I don't thnk any business owner should be forced to DECORATE a cake in a way that runs counter to their religious beliefs.  This I will agree with.

*****My agreement with the oh so bright 67 ends here!  I would venture to guess that his REFUSAL OF SERVICES would extend well beyond the DECORATION of said cake......

I do believe that business owners in P-Town should conversely have the right to refuse services to any suspected christian!  In fact, Jews and Muslims should have the right to refuse services to any christian.  Why should they have to serve anybody who worships a 'false' messiah? 

Do you suppose that guys with the intellectual fire-power of a 67 (this number has nothing to do with the storied Red Sox summer of impossible dreams) has any concept of the law of unintended consequences????

btw.....  I have nothing against 67!  I simply don't have much patience with simple people.  As has been pointed out to me on many occasions.....  I don't suffer fools well ;)

[/QUOTE]

My gay brother is Catholic.  Instead of wax ignorantly about social issues, he spends his free time helping recent LEGAL immigrants assimilate into our society.  Many of his favorites happen to be Russian and Eastern Europian immigrants who STRONGLY condemn his real identity.  He helps them none the less.  He actually believes in doing the lords work, and helping the poor, meek, and powerless. 

I'm always amazed to hear his stories, and I often ask him why he helps those who would likely hate him if they knew of his homosexuality?  "I forgive them, for they know not what they do."  Have you ever thought of telling them?  "Are you kiddding me?!?!" he would say.

Still......  He's a REAL Christian!  He doen't spend his every waking moment thinking about how he can judge sinners worse than him, as the 67's and Stiffys of this world do!!!!

Come on now 67, I'm always curious to see what you choose to ignore when responding to certain 'difficult' posts....

It's gotta be tough playing the hand you were dealt.  With you, it's clear you're playing with a stacked deck.  You're clearly struggling to play against nature and nurture.  It's not your fault!!!!  It's not your fault ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL....

[/QUOTE]

Come on now 67, I'm always curious to see what you choose to ignore when responding to certain 'difficult' posts....

It's gotta be tough playing the hand you were dealt.  With you, it's clear you're playing with a stacked deck.  You're clearly struggling to play against nature and nurture.  It's not your fault!!!!  It's not your fault ;)

[/QUOTE]

News FLASH:  67 86ed from The Lobster Pot in P-Town.....

"I simply wanted to pray before my meal." Said 67

"We couldn't tolerate him shoving his personal lifestyle choices down our throats!" Said the owners of the Lobster Pot.  "Why does the guy have to pray out loud?  I think he was just trying to be an ___________ hole?"  said a quiet Catholic patron.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The complaint seeks to force Masterpiece Cakeshop to “cease and desist” the practice of refusing wedding cakes for gay couples, and to tell the public that their business is open to everyone.

If Phillips loses the case and refuses to comply with the order, he would face fines of $500 per case and up to a year in jail, his attorney said.

“It would force him to choose between his conscience and a paycheck. I just think that’s an intolerable choice,” Martin said.

___

In the catholic faith we are not allow to participate in anothers sin.  I am not allowed to drive someone to get an abortion and I'm not allowed to participate in same sex unions.  Providing serviced to these weddings is participating.  You may agree or disagree but that is what my faith teaches.

So, now christians who firmly believe this are made to choose between God and man.  This baker is being forced to choose between God and going to jail.  This is not the only case I have read about.

To sell to some one who lies, cheats etc. is a different matter.  I am not participating in their sin of cheating etc. by selling them a wedding cake.

I and a number of my friends where faced with the same issue when same sex marriage came to dc.  We were afraid the same thing could happen to us.  If we choose to keep firm in our faith in God we could loose everything and potentialy go to jail.  If we go along with the homosexual agenda we have to answer to God on judgement day.

I have used to have freedom of religion in this country but no more.  In this country we used to be able to practice any religion we wanted but no more.  Look at the link I posted above.

I am retired but I know about the wedding industry because I was a vendor.  I know there are vendors who specialize in same sex weddings.  There are bridal fairs who specialize in same sex weddings.  I feel bad for the choice this man is being made to make.  God or jail.

They can still practice their religion in jail.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

___

If it comes to that I will. 

So what you are saying is that catholics and other christians, muslims and even a jewish friend of mine have lost their freedom to paractice their religion in this country.  You may be right but remember this.  If the government has the power to take away my freedoms then they have the power to take away yours. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I find it strange that there needs to be a "gay pride" night anywhere...any more than an "African American pride" anything either. Why should people be proud of a characteristic they are born with? I can understand being proud that you are honest, generous, loyal etc, but not proud about something over which you have no control at all.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

'

Looking around at the state of the world these days, I can't see there's a whole lot of reason for anyoneto feel too proud about much of anything. 

Too negative?Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatly you are right.  I hope you are having a good day!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Wonder how Softlaw and 67 would feel if one of their children came out of the closet.

The same way Dick Cheney did; the same way that Republican senator did when his kid came out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When I lived in boston I had homosexual friends.  My religious beliefs stand.

Tens of thousands of christians die every years for their faith.  When I mentioned this earlier one poster said he didn't care about what happens over seas, he only cares about what happens in america. Really!!!  What a horrible thing to say.

What if I had said tens of thousands of homosexuals were killed each year?  Everyone on this board would be very upset.  Chrisitans, not so much. Sad.

I have said this before but let me say it again.

In my faith, the catholic faith, we are taught this.

We are all God's children and he loves us all.

He loves the sinner but not the sin.

We are all sinners.  Catholics have the great gift of reconciliation.  We confess our sins and do our best to sin no more.

We are not allowed to hate anyone and we are not allowed to say anyone is going to hell.  Only God reads hearts and only He knows what graces he gives.

We must treat those with ssad with dignity and respect but we must not accept there behavior

God wants all to go to heaven, since we have free will we chose to go to heaven or not.

Our faith teaches that sex in meant for a man and a women who are married.

The old testement teaches us this in a number of passages starting with creation.  God made man and women and told them to multiply.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Picture the nativity, we all see them at Christmas.  Jesus chose to come to earth through a family that was made of a man and a woman.  He could have come to earth any way he wanted, he is God.

He performed his first miracle at a wedding feast of a man and a woman.  Three major moments in the bible and God chose to use a man and a woman.

We must not be cruel to anyone.  Not people who are fat, ugly, slow, different skin color, those with attention deficiet disorer(like my son) or those with any mental, physical or sexual disorder.

We must be faithful to the teachings of the catholic church.  Agree or disagree with those teachings, it doesn't matter.  What does matter is that we have, or used to have, freedom of religion in this country.

So for us it comes down to jail or God.  Read the link I posted about that service man.  I agree that re-tweeting the post about those with ssad was wrong.  But what the service has done to him is much worse.

[/QUOTE]

You know what 67: you practice your religion any way you want to. If you don't want to sell wedding cakes to my gay friends they will get them somewhere else. I assume that you have no problems with allowing them equal rights under the law, however, right (hahaha)? No reasons for you to participate in their weddings and be allowed the same rights as married nongay folks, but I am SURE you would not deny them basic rights available to anyone in our SECTARIAN society, right? I assume that you have no problems with protecting gay people with regard to employment or renting property, RIGHT? If not, then you are truly a bigot since none of these mandates an iota of your participation. If it comes to a vote, I KNOW you will vote for COMMON HUMAN RIGHTS, CORRECT? Your self-righteous pompous BS is getting old. Have your religion, but understand that the laws in this country are not based on it. Kapish??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You know mankind didn't stop at the bible.....we've written many great books over the last couple millenniums.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Our faith = your faith! And not everyone else's. 

Get YOUR religion out of our bedrooms and out of our govt.

It's a simple as that

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

___

If it comes to that I will. 

So what you are saying is that catholics and other christians, muslims and even a jewish friend of mine have lost their freedom to paractice their religion in this country.  You may be right but remember this.  If the government has the power to take away my freedoms then they have the power to take away yours. 

Taking away someones right to bake cakes is not equal to taking away their right to practice their religion. It is an entirely separate civil issue that has nothing to do with practicing their religion. The issue is whether or not you can refuse service to a customer for any reason, religious or not. This is not a case of the government taking away religious freedom.

Where do you stand on refusing service to a customer for any reason?

Do you really think the God you believe in would condemn you for doing business with homosexuals for their wedding? Is this really your concept of God? Would God not know that in your heart you felt it was wrong but that you needed to adhere to civil law in order to make a living? Is your God really that much of a strict, unforgiving, nit-picker? Do you remember the quote from the Bible about rendering to Caesar what is Caesar's? Here is a link to it. What does it mean to you?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+12%3A13-17&version=NIV

25. This post has been removed.