Re: PRIDE NIGHT

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The complaint seeks to force Masterpiece Cakeshop to “cease and desist” the practice of refusing wedding cakes for gay couples, and to tell the public that their business is open to everyone.

If Phillips loses the case and refuses to comply with the order, he would face fines of $500 per case and up to a year in jail, his attorney said.

“It would force him to choose between his conscience and a paycheck. I just think that’s an intolerable choice,” Martin said.

___

In the catholic faith we are not allow to participate in anothers sin.  I am not allowed to drive someone to get an abortion and I'm not allowed to participate in same sex unions.  Providing serviced to these weddings is participating.  You may agree or disagree but that is what my faith teaches.

So, now christians who firmly believe this are made to choose between God and man.  This baker is being forced to choose between God and going to jail.  This is not the only case I have read about.

To sell to some one who lies, cheats etc. is a different matter.  I am not participating in their sin of cheating etc. by selling them a wedding cake.

I and a number of my friends where faced with the same issue when same sex marriage came to dc.  We were afraid the same thing could happen to us.  If we choose to keep firm in our faith in God we could loose everything and potentialy go to jail.  If we go along with the homosexual agenda we have to answer to God on judgement day.

I have used to have freedom of religion in this country but no more.  In this country we used to be able to practice any religion we wanted but no more.  Look at the link I posted above.

I am retired but I know about the wedding industry because I was a vendor.  I know there are vendors who specialize in same sex weddings.  There are bridal fairs who specialize in same sex weddings.  I feel bad for the choice this man is being made to make.  God or jail.

They can still practice their religion in jail.

If it comes to that I will. 

So what you are saying is that catholics and other christians, muslims and even a jewish friend of mine have lost their freedom to paractice their religion in this country.  You may be right but remember this.  If the government has the power to take away my freedoms then they have the power to take away yours. 

Taking away someones right to bake cakes is not equal to taking away their right to practice their religion. It is an entirely separate civil issue that has nothing to do with practicing their religion. The issue is whether or not you can refuse service to a customer for any reason, religious or not. This is not a case of the government taking away religious freedom.

Where do you stand on refusing service to a customer for any reason?

Do you really think the God you believe in would condemn you for doing business with homosexuals for their wedding? Is this really your concept of God? Would God not know that in your heart you felt it was wrong but that you needed to adhere to civil law in order to make a living? Is your God really that much of a strict, unforgiving, nit-picker? Do you remember the quote from the Bible about rendering to Caesar what is Caesar's? Here is a link to it. What does it mean to you?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+12%3A13-17&version=NIV

[/QUOTE]

This coming from a man who said the baker can practice his religion in jail, nice. 

Please don't tell me what my religion teaches and why.  You are a secular progressive so you can never understand my faith.  I understand what you want and where you want this country to go.  We have nothing left to talk about.

[/QUOTE]

Then by the same token, since you are religious, you can never understand secular progressivism.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

What's really rich is listening to 67 whine about this thread getting "too negative," all after insulting and continuing to insult, demean, and denegrate your fellow human beings. 

Your occasional slip into light-hearted banter after arguing that this segment of society be legally discriminated against is bizzare.  Feigning dismay at how 'negative' others are getting after back-handing the entire group is flat out weird.  You're not truly that socially ignorant, are you?

As I said before, I'm with you.  I agree that the bagel shop down the street should walk you to the curb if you so much as bow your head.  The muslim store owner should boot your arscss to the curb if you step foot in his shop flaunting that crucifix on your chest.  When you faux Catholics shove your lifestyle down the throats of others, you should lose your right to participate in society.

p.s.  I also think the cake baker should have the option to refuse to decorate a cake in any way desired.  That is a bridge too far.  (on this point I'm actually being serious.  No person should be forced to do something which so overtly conflicts with their religious beliefs).  You see 67, some folks have sane & well thought out views.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Some are simply hateful bigots who love to USE JESUS as their reason to focus on those few sins that they definitely have not committed.  Why is it guys like 67 perseverate on the 'sin' of homosexuality, while ignoring the RAMPANT BIG SIN in their own lives, and the lives of those in the 'christian' community?

PRIDE

LUST

ADULTERY

BIGOTRY

AVARICE

GREED

etc.......

The Bible is chalk full of references, BY GOD himself about these sins......

VERY FEW references about homosexuality????   HMMMMMMM?

Yet faux christians like 67 perseverate on Adam & Steve,......   Ya gotta wonder why???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   I'm not too keen on Secular Progressives either! 

No offense.  I simply don't like either extreme!

I have profound respect for sincere Christians like Billy Graham!

Sorry!  Can't think of any sincere Secular Progressives???  Help me out ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I undesrtand Statist collectivist secular regressivism.

What is unethical is that in this country so many states still allow businesses to refuse to hire gay individuals soley because they are gay

Since you continue to engage in a narrative by using the childish term "gay", you need to define it. Is it when someone brings in a "same-sex marriage certificate", or is it when they say "I'm gay"? Or is when someone says "they are gay" because they proposed adult loving consensual adult same-sex sexual behavior?  

I wonder how you bigots would react to one of your children "coming out" and saying they are having loving adult consensual sex with their sibling and you are a bigot for denying them the full equal relationship status of the body politic.

The psychiatrists who still consider same-sex sexual proclivity and behavior a behavioral disorder are correct. And no bigots will succeed with the propaganda and intimidation bullty campaigns of censorship as to the issue of moral authority and what langauge is "acceptable" or not acceptable.

"Bisexual" is a childish term for sexual behavior. So is "straight" and all the other mental midget terms in the current society narrative.

Anyone who uses the term "gay" in the context of sexual proclivity and behavior is making bigots look more intelligent.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

VERY FEW references about homosexuality????  

There arenn't any references to "homosexuals" in the Bible. However, there are passages that condemn same-sex sexual behavior, along with other human behaviors.

There is no redemption for any sinners who defiantly refuse to acknwowledge their behavior is sinful. The behaviors and ways of mankind have no moral authority, whatsoever.

The complaint seeks to force Masterpiece Cakeshop to “cease and desist” the practice of refusing wedding cakes for gay couples, and to tell the public that their business is open to everyone.

If Phillips loses the case and refuses to comply with the order, he would face fines of $500 per case and up to a year in jail, his attorney said.

“It would force him to choose between his conscience and a paycheck. I just think that’s an intolerable choice,” Martin said.

___

In the catholic faith we are not allow to participate in anothers sin.  I am not allowed to drive someone to get an abortion and I'm not allowed to participate in same sex unions.  Providing serviced to these weddings is participating.  You may agree or disagree but that is what my faith teaches.

So, now christians who firmly believe this are made to choose between God and man.  This baker is being forced to choose between God and going to jail.  This is not the only case I have read about.

To sell to some one who lies, cheats etc. is a different matter.  I am not participating in their sin of cheating etc. by selling them a wedding cake.

I and a number of my friends where faced with the same issue when same sex marriage came to dc.  We were afraid the same thing could happen to us.  If we choose to keep firm in our faith in God we could loose everything and potentialy go to jail.  If we go along with the homosexual agenda we have to answer to God on judgement day.

I have used to have freedom of religion in this country but no more.  In this country we used to be able to practice any religion we wanted but no more.  Look at the link I posted above.

I am retired but I know about the wedding industry because I was a vendor.  I know there are vendors who specialize in same sex weddings.  There are bridal fairs who specialize in same sex weddings.  I feel bad for the choice this man is being made to make.  God or jail.

They can still practice their religion in jail.

• This is how the secular progressive devildavid responed to my post.  He chose an interesting name, don't you think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

There arenn't any references to "homosexuals" in the Bible. However, there are passages that condemn same-sex sexual behavior, along with other human behaviors.

There is no redemption for any sinners who defiantly refuse to acknwowledge their behavior is sinful. The behaviors and ways of mankind have no moral authority, whatsoever.

Yeah Softy. You are certainly the one to define sinners. Go read your bible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The Bible (and all other religious story books) is just a collection of stories written by men at different times in history. It was not authored by a non-physical entity. No books are.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

You mean like your relentlessly defiant PRIDE???  Arrogance?  Hatefulness?  Racial demagoguery?

Live by the sword....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The Bible (and all other religious story books) is just a collection of stories written by men at different times in history. It was not authored by a non-physical entity. No books are.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Denigrating someone's religious beliefs is equally ignorant as the knee-jerk racial & homophobic demagoguery engaged in by the likes of 67 and Stiffy.

* I will say it again 67, and you will continue to ignore.....  You have a very valid point about a cake baker being forced to decorate a wedding cake in ANY WAY the patron wants.  This is absolutely wrong if it forces the baker to decorate a cake in a way that flies in the face of his or her firmly held religious beliefs.

This however, is far different than being able to refuse service to someone simply based on a 'lifestyle' choice, or who they are as a person.

You continue to ignore my substantive points.......  Are you maxed out intellectually?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

[QUOTE]

- Thomas Jefferson

Denigrating someone's religious beliefs is equally ignorant as the knee-jerk racial & homophobic demagoguery engaged in by the likes of 67 and Stiffy.

* I will say it again 67, and you will continue to ignore.....  You have a very valid point about a cake baker being forced to decorate a wedding cake in ANY WAY the patron wants.  This is absolutely wrong if it forces the baker to decorate a cake in a way that flies in the face of his or her firmly held religious beliefs.

This however, is far different than being able to refuse service to someone simply based on a 'lifestyle' choice, or who they are as a person.

You continue to ignore my substantive points.......  Are you maxed out intellectually?

[/QUOTE]

It's funny that you keep talking about the imagery on the cake. One, highly doubt they were placing lewd and offensive imagery on a wedding cake and there's nothing that says the were, it was probably along the lines of mike loves mike or something vanilla like that. Secondly he flat out refused to serve them because they were gay, people are trying to find excuses for the in excusable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

___

I was under the impression that all sins are equal. There are sins that lead to death, but neither of the ones mentioned here do. That would make them equally as sinful and unlike you believe, not different, thus the baker should just close shop and sell to nobody since we are ALL sinners.

another scenario for ya. If your daughter was raped by some psycho dirtbag that belongs in a mental institution in jail and she was begging for her mom (you, in this scenario) to take her so she can have this devil child taken out of her, would you? Or would you tell her to take a cab or get a ride from a friend, and then treat her like a "sinner" thats going to have to answer to Gods wrath because of it? If your all over papi for the F word I cant wait to hear this honest answer.

Sorry to have to go there, but these are unfortunate circumstances that are very real. Im being totally serious here, because I have ran across people like you who have taken a step back when it came to their own. Would you have nothing to do with her or him if they were attracted to the same sex?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

The Sox already have a pitcher and a catcher.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Still not an example of religious freedom being taken away. There are no laws on the books saying that anyone can't practice their religion no matter where they find themselves or how they choose to make their living. These are completely separate issues. Religious and civil matters are treated separately in this country. We are a nation of man-made laws, not religious rules. Where lawmakers got their ideas for these laws is of no relevance. No religious law carries the same weight as civil law in our society.

- Thomas Jefferson

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

___

I was under the impression that all sins are equal. There are sins that lead to death, but neither of the ones mentioned here do. That would make them equally as sinful and unlike you believe, not different, thus the baker should just close shop and sell to nobody since we are ALL sinners.

another scenario for ya. If your daughter was raped by some psycho dirtbag that belongs in a mental institution in jail and she was begging for her mom (you, in this scenario) to take her so she can have this devil child taken out of her, would you? Or would you tell her to take a cab or get a ride from a friend, and then treat her like a "sinner" thats going to have to answer to Gods wrath because of it? If your all over papi for the F word I cant wait to hear this honest answer.

Sorry to have to go there, but these are unfortunate circumstances that are very real. Im being totally serious here, because I have ran across people like you who have taken a step back when it came to their own. Would you have nothing to do with her or him if they were attracted to the same sex?

I will take you at your word that you want a serious discussion. 

My faith teaches that all sins are not equal.  Venial sin is a lesser sin and does not cut you off from God.  Venial sins can never add up to a mortal sin.

A mortal sin is so grave that it does cut you off from God.  If one dies in a state of unrepentent mortal sin that person goes to hell.

Only God knows who is in mortal sin, I am forbidden to tell someone they are going to hell.  In fact it's a mortal sin to tell someone they are going to hell. Only God reads heart.

If I sell someone a wedding cake who is a liar I'm not participation in their lie.  If I sell a wedding cake to a couple who is celebrating a same sex marriage I am participating in that event.  There is a difference.  You don't have to agree with it my faith but we should not put people in jail in the united states of america because they are trying to practice their faith.  Isn't this what happens in russia and china.

You are correct, we are all sinners.  One of the many reasons I love being catholic is because we have the sacrament of reconciliation.  Jesus breath on his apostles and said whose sins your forgive are forgiven.  God breath into man to give him life.  It's an important statement.

Homosexual activity and abortion are mortal sins in my faith so for me to participate in them or any mortal sin is not allowed. 

Why should that baker and others like him close his business?  Do you feel as devildavid that he should go to jail.  Have we come to this in america. God or jail.  Who ever thought we would see this day.  I guess secular progressives did.

I believe that life is sacred so if I had a daughter and she was raped I would want her to have her child.  Why should that child receive the death sentence because of the sin of her father?

I once heard a pro-life speaker who was the result of a rape.  She was a powerful speaker. She said 'don't you dare tell me I don't have the right to be here because I am a product of a rape'.

Fr. Groeshel is a wonderful priests who work with the poor, prisoners and downtroden.  I have met him a couple of times and am very good friends with someone who works with him.  He also works with homosexuals to help them with their disorder.  He has the greatest compasion for them and does great work.

A friend of mine went to girlscout camp as a girl and had a lesbian encounter.  She led that lifstyle into her adult years.  She finially realized that she didn't have ssad, and is now happily married to a man.  There are many others like her so please don't tell me that people are born this way.

My son has attention defecit disorder and I moved heaven and earth to help him while he was growing up.  He is now a happily married man with a good job and a beautiful daughter.

If he or my other son had same sex attraction disorder I would do the same.

Picture these three major moments in the bible. 

God made man:

He made a man and a woman and told them to multiply.

God became man:

Jesus became man and walked among mankind via a family that was made up of a man and a woman.  In this way he sanctified the family

God performed His first miracle as man:

He turned water into wine at a wedding feast of a man and a women thus sactifying marriage between a man and a woman.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  He has spoken three thousand words how many more do you and others here need?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The baker refused to make a wedding cake for them.  He didn't refuse to sell them donuts or cookies. There is a difference.  There are others who are being sued for not providing wedding invitations for a same sex wedding.  Not birthday cards, wedding invitations.

These people are not refusing to sell their products to those with ssad, they are refusing to sell their products to those same sex couples who are getting "married". There is a difference.

To sell someone a cookie or birthday card in not participating in their sin.  To sell them a wedding cake or wedding invitations is.  You may not agree with our religious beliefs but please don't misstate the issue. Christians can and do sell to those with ssad we just can't participate in their "weddings" by selling them things that are part of their weddings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Has someone been reporting 67?

That's low...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Has someone been reporting 67?

That's low...

I'm not sure what you mean, are you talking about the posts that have been removed?  If so they are not my posts but I'm sure I'm next.

I have been around since 2006 but these are different times.