Prince Fielder coming to the AL East?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Prince Fielder coming to the AL East?

After Yu Darvish signed with the Rangers for 6y/60m, I was thinking of something terrible that I feel is likely to happen...

Prince Fielder to the Yankees on a one year contract?

At this point, Fielders best bet is to sign a one year contract and test the free agent market next off season. If he signs with the yankees, who have money, he will have a chance to significantly improve his numbers playing with a right field fence that is shorter than just about any I ever saw playing in high school. Playing in New York would raise his numbers, and he would be a DH now that Montero is gone. This would give he Yankees a significant chance of winning the WS, and would allow Fielder to set him self up for a large contract next season.

I do not want this to happen at all, but I think it could be possible. Does anyone else see Fielder signing anywheres else, or agree with this possibility?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Prince Fielder coming to the AL East?

Nothing would shock me at all with Cashman, nothing at all. I think they need a DH too. just like in 2005 when they were not looking for a center fielder and management got stupid in negotiating with Boras and Damon. Damon sighned with the Yankees which should never have happened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Prince Fielder coming to the AL East?:
    [QUOTE]After Yu Darvish signed with the Rangers for 6y/60m, I was thinking of something terrible that I feel is likely to happen... Prince Fielder to the Yankees on a one year contract? At this point, Fielders best bet is to sign a one year contract and test the free agent market next off season. If he signs with the yankees, who have money, he will have a chance to significantly improve his numbers playing with a right field fence that is shorter than just about any I ever saw playing in high school. Playing in New York would raise his numbers, and he would be a DH now that Montero is gone. This would give he Yankees a significant chance of winning the WS, and would allow Fielder to set him self up for a large contract next season. I do not want this to happen at all, but I think it could be possible. Does anyone else see Fielder signing anywheres else, or agree with this possibility?
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]
    I would be thrilled.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

That sucks.  What a ball park for him.  Tons of homeruns but will he be happy at DH?  Probably gain more weight and I don't think that would be good for him.  Bat speed goes down..........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The idea is interesting, but why would he risk injury on a one year deal? I think someone will offer him 5 years for 100 million before the start of S.T.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Prince Fielder coming to the AL East?:
    [QUOTE]The idea is interesting, but why would he risk injury on a one year deal? I think someone will offer him 5 years for 100 million before the start of S.T.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I agree but if not the Steinbrenners should plunk down 25 million for a one year deal...though I doubt it happens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Fielder will end up with the Cubs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]Fielder will end up with the Cubs.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

After the trade for Rizzo it seems like the Cubs are looking to develop him as the first baseman of the future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I don't see how he doesn't end up in Washington.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see how he doesn't end up in Washington.
    Posted by Skadude22[/QUOTE]

then the Yanks could scoop up LaRoche for DH.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd like to see Fielder sign with Baltimore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I don't see him getting to FA and then settle for a one year deal, Boras will get him his money when it's all said and done. The team that makes the most sense to me is the Orioles, they have tons of empty seats to fill,and the fans will support a winner unlike Tampa where it doesn't matter how well they play nobody comes out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Prince Fielder coming to the AL East?": [QUOTE]Nothing would shock me at all with Cashman, nothing at all. I think they need a DH too. just like in 2005 when they were not looking for a center fielder and management got stupid in negotiating with Boras and Damon. Damon sighned with the Yankees which should never have happened. Posted by AL34[/QUOTE] Maybe the Damon signing shouldn't have happened, but good thing it did. The Yankees realized early on during that contract that Damon could no longer play center, but fortunately for them they could split him at DH and left field over the last couple of years of that deal. Since we had Manny and Ortiz in their prime at those two positions, we would have had to trade either Manny or Damon. We probably don't win in '07 and maybe even Ellsbury would have been traded early on. Thank God Damon took the money and ran...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Prince Fielder coming to the AL East?": [QUOTE]The idea is interesting, but why would he risk injury on a one year deal? I think someone will offer him 5 years for 100 million before the start of S.T. Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] Jessey, I think the odds of Prince DHing for you guys next year are about the same as his father coming out of retirement to DH for you guys again, but it would be interesting to see him play 82 games in that stadium...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Prince Fielder coming to the AL East?": Jessey, I think the odds of Prince DHing for you guys next year are about the same as his father coming out of retirement to DH for you guys again, but it would be interesting to see him play 82 games in that stadium...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

Well yeah - it would be scary, but it ain't happening. Maybe the Yanks should give Cecil a call.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]   I don't see him getting to FA and then settle for a one year deal, Boras will get him his money when it's all said and done. The team that makes the most sense to me is the Orioles, they have tons of empty seats to fill,and the fans will support a winner unlike Tampa where it doesn't matter how well they play nobody comes out.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Baltimore has the money to spend on him, but I can see Washington over Baltimore. Even with Fielder, the Orioles have no chance of success for a while, especially with them playing in the same division as the Sox, Yankees, Rays, and even the underrated Blue Jays. I don't think he would want to join that team, to be honest.

Washington, on the other hand, has great young prospects, good players there all ready, and a chance to be very good in the long run.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

The Rangers are still interested in him if his price comes down.  If he decides to go with a 1 year deal, Texas would have an opening at 1B.  It's also been speculated that he wants to play in Texas.  Can't really argue that he wouldn't have a great chance to win down there either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]The Rangers are still interested in him if his price comes down.  If he decides to go with a 1 year deal, Texas would have an opening at 1B.  It's also been speculated that he wants to play in Texas.  Can't really argue that he wouldn't have a great chance to win down there either.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Sticking him in the middle of that line-up and in that park it would be scarry. It would be more than a match for tha Angels getting Pujols.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Having a C section is scarry.

Fielder in the Yankees' lineup with their pitching depth is scary.

I should think Detroit would have to be in on Fielder if he announces he is interested in a one-year deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Having a C section is scarry. Fielder in the Yankees' lineup with their pitching depth is scary. I should think Detroit would have to be in on Fielder if he announces he is interested in a one-year deal.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Also, I don't think that they would suddenly have the budget for a $20M+ player.  VMart wasn't that great last year, his real value was in being a backup catcher.  only 12 HR's from DH?  He was the bat you'd expect at DH, no more, no less.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Fielder could end up with the Tigers, since V-Mart is out for the year and they need a DH.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I doubt it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

I'm sure lots of teams would be interested if he settled for a 1 year deal.  But why would he when teams like the Nationals and the Mariners are interested in a long term deal with him. On top of that, why wouldn't he go back to Milwaukee if he was willing to take a one year deal.  Signing on to be a DH for a year is not going to improve his value, it will only making him look more one dimensional.  He can market himself to AL and NL teams because he can play first, if he became a DH, that rules out half of the teams. 

The only reason I could see someone saying is that those teams aren't winning, but the Nationals have drafted extremely well, and are set up to be a strong team for a long time.  Fielder (assuming he stays healthy/productive) could be the piece that puts them over the top.  The Mariners, like the Cubs, might be less interested now that they have acquired a young, power hitting first base/DH prospect.  Again, I see him ending up in Washington.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Fielder's agent has screwed up big time. I would like to see him go to Baltimore like Burrito said.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

While I want the Sox to pummel the Orioles it would be good for division diversity if they were a good team again, certainly their fan base is much like here in that it grew throughout those great years of the 70's.

Sections
Shortcuts