Private forum

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Private forum

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

What we have here is a handful of self-appointed board sanitizers.

What they really believe in is censorship. Welcome to America in the 1950s. The author of this thread would feel very comfortable in that era. He and several others want to impose their sanctimonious beliefs.

So let me guide these clueless individuals.

When someone objects to a poster’s content, they have an option; no one’s forcing them to read it. It’s not difficult and doesn’t take much effort or discipline to ignore something you don’t like. In fact BDC has an ignore button.

Let me make this crystal clear: you have a choice without resorting to undemocratic tactics that violates the tenets of freedom.

It appears that a few self-righteous individuals, like the author of this thread, are turning back the clock based solely on their narrow-minded concepts of what is acceptable.

See, here's the thing.  Wouldn't the critics feel more comfortable in a forum of their own?  If people like Softlaw, Bill, Geo, ADG, etc., only come in here to bash the Red Sox, wouldn't it make more sense to have a forum for Red Sox bashing?  Without the need to encounter people that don't understand how bad they are?

Likewise, if there is a group that wants to celebrate all things Red Sox, doesn't it make sense to  have one forum for them?  When the local barkeep tended bar on Sunday night in September, he'd ask everyone coming in if they were there for FB or BB, and one side of the bar was for those who wanted the RS/EE game, and one side for the NYG/EE game.

We had this in a previous forum where the RS-bashers would post 100+ threads a night bashing the RS.  Every single game thread comprised of one post saying 'here comes a K', folowed by an equally stupid poster saying 'LOL', all night long.  So one of the participants created a new forum.  The 'all things RS' have lived happily ever after.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Shut up you stupid tool. You must live alone. Very alone. Even your dog gave up on you and ran away.

This is the type of poster that Carnie wants in his "private forum".

It has been my theory that the reason why the critics never want a separate forum is that they  really don't care to discuss the issues of they the day, they just want to complain.  And there is there is no use complaining if no one listens.  It was like when my kids were growing up-if a complaint falls on deaf ever, did it exist in the first place?

When we split up the old forum I was on, to a person, none of the whiners wanted a separate forum, and all of the people that just wanted to discuss the RS did want a separate forum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

As far as a private forum, I would like to quote the late, great comic genius, Groucho Marx:

'Dear Board,

I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Sincerely yours,

Groucho Marx.’

I could be wrong, but I think that line was first uttered by either Charlie McCarthy or Mortimer Snurd, the dummies of the famous ventriloquist Edgar Bergen.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I think Bill-806, 2004Idiots, softlaw and CommyContrarian may need their own private forum. What say you T-Ballers?

Carnie and ConanObrien is the same individual.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I think Bill-806, 2004Idiots, softlaw and CommyContrarian may need their own private forum. What say you T-Ballers?

They already think this is theirs ....   erk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Can they take Pike with them?

LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I actually am Carnie and Conan.  Also I am not sure if you are aware of this but I am you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The forum works best when in the Pro Wrestling mode. You have to have your heroes and villains, your heels and your baby faces. Your good guys and bad guys. And , a few rather mysterious individuals. Otherwise , it would quickly become boring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I actually am Carnie and Conan.  Also I am not sure if you are aware of this but I am you.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

That is not true at all 2004. Carnie posts good stuff; Conan is totally useless and is the ONLY poster I had to put on ignore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Shut up you stupid tool. You must live alone. Very alone. Even your dog gave up on you and ran away.

This is the type of poster that Carnie wants in his "private forum".

It has been my theory that the reason why the critics never want a separate forum is that they  really don't care to discuss the issues of they the day, they just want to complain.  And there is there is no use complaining if no one listens.  It was like when my kids were growing up-if a complaint falls on deaf ever, did it exist in the first place?

When we split up the old forum I was on, to a person, none of the whiners wanted a separate forum, and all of the people that just wanted to discuss the RS did want a separate forum.

You have been proposing this since before the beginning of time Joe. Its just never going to happen here. No one is going to agree to restrict themselves to this thread or that one in a forum. The only way to get what you are proposing to be a reality is to form a whole new forum as happened at Sawxheads.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I don't get the posterrs who create multiple identities. I have trouble keeping track of just me.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

What they really believe in is censorship. Welcome to America in the 1950s. The author of this thread would feel very comfortable in that era. He and several others want to impose their sanctimonious beliefs.

When someone objects to a poster’s content, they have an option; no one’s forcing them to read it. It’s not difficult and doesn’t take much effort or discipline to ignore something you don’t like. In fact BDC has an ignore button.

Let me make this crystal clear: you have a choice without resorting to undemocratic tactics that violates the tenets of freedom.

It appears that a few self-righteous individuals, like the author of this thread, are turning back the clock based solely on their narrow-minded concepts of what is acceptable.

B I N G O  !!!!  While we are at it, maybe it is time that we "all come together" to enjoy the spirit,humor, playing G M & Manager and stop with the childish crying ........   Heck, you do have options as 2004IDIO stated with the IGNORE BUTTON.....  Howevaa, if you want to "engage" in a "smart remark", then come back with something a little more mature than the words "spam,drivel,etc"......  We are all big boys & girls here (I think) so maybe we can all agree to play the game with "vigor" and style and enjoy what this board and Al Gore has provided for us......

Bill, I like your posts. You have enthusiasm. Your politics are a lttle "challenged" but the "Big O" will help you see the light, especially now that you recognize one of my pal Al's great accomplishments!

Good for you! 

And you were obviously blessed with one heck of a DAD!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

B I N G O  !!!!  While we are at it, maybe it is time that we "all come together" to enjoy the spirit,humor, playing G M & Manager and stop with the childish crying ........   Heck, you do have options as 2004IDIO stated with the IGNORE BUTTON.....  Howevaa, if you want to "engage" in a "smart remark", then come back with something a little more mature than the words "spam,drivel,etc"......  We are all big boys & girls here (I think) so maybe we can all agree to play the game with "vigor" and style and enjoy what this board and Al Gore has provided for us......

Bill, I like your posts. You have enthusiasm. Your politics are a lttle "challenged" but the "Big O" will help you see the light, especially now that you recognize one of my pal Al's great accomplishments!

Good for you! 

And you were obviously blessed with one heck of a DAD!

THATS a  B I N G O !!!!    What a nice way to start a Monday morning !!!  Thank You.......

25. This post has been removed.