Projected Opening Day lineup - Yankee Stadium. Check out the Left fielder!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Projected Opening Day lineup - Yankee Stadium. Check out the Left fielder!

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130328&content_id=43451278&vkey=news_bos&c_id=bos

1. CF: Jacoby Ellsbury
    2. RF: Shane Victorino
    3. 2B: Dustin Pedroia
    4. 1B: Mike Napoli
    5. 3B: Will Middlebrooks
    6. DH: Jonny Gomes
    7. C: Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    8. LF: Jackie Bradley Jr.
    9. SS: Jose Iglesias
    SP: Jon Lester

It looks like JBJ is on the team. Maybe in Youk mode ( called up, sent

down over and over ) but he is on the team opening day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Projected Opening Day lineup - Yankee Stadium. Check out the Left fielder!

GO FREAKING SOX!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I hope I'm not wrong. Have to check my twitter feed I guess. This was posted on Redsox.com though. I would think they would not do that unless it's the real deal. What about Sweeney. His opt out was today. Is he gone, baby gone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I have a twitter feed set up of 80 or 90 Redsox and baseball related sports writers. I'm seeing nothing on there. Stay tuned. We need a cross check.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I think this is breaking news folks. Nothing on twitter at all yet but they posted this on Redsox.com and the decision was today on Sweeney. I think this is real. I could be wrong but I don't think so. Somebody besides me really messed up bigtime if this is released before the announcement but I think it was. 

Not a single tweet on this yet:

https://twitter.com/search?q=Bradley&src=typd

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Gomez and Holt have been sent down.Looks like JBJ is going to be on the opening day roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

GordonEdes  Gordon Edes
    reliever Daniel Bard optioned to Double-A Portland, Stephen Drew placed on 7-day DL retro to 3/27, option 1B Mauro Gomez to Pawtucket
    GordonEdes  Gordon Edes
    INF Brock Holt also optioned to Pawtucket

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I think sports writers might know by now but it isn't officially released until just before the game I bet. I think this is for real guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

It was between Sweeney, Carp and Bradley for 2 spots as of this morning, with Sweeney having an opt out today. What does all this tell you!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

As of 2 hours ago, Sweeney, Carp and Bradley all took OF practice with the team. 

I know this may sound like jumping the gun but I manage websites for a living and no way I post something like that on Redsox.com unless it's real. I think this is 90% likely. They posted it early, by mistake. I'd bet on it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

As of 2 hours ago, Sweeney, Carp and Bradley all took OF practice with the team. 

I know this may sound like jumping the gun but I manage websites for a living and no way I post something like that on Redsox.com unless it's real. I think this is 90% likely. They posted it early, by mistake. I'd bet on it.

Carp is also an infielder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The Red Sox open their season Monday against the Yankees in New York as Jon Lester faces CC Sabathia at 1:05 p.m. ET. Below is the Red Sox's projected Opening Day lineup.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

****   I think you missed this disclaimer at the bottom???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Once papi went down, it seems to me like he was far the best alternative.

The question is more, what happens when Papi returns?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Carp is also an infielder.

Allegedly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In my excitement about JBJ I almost missed Iggy at SS  :)

That would be a great opeining day lineup!  Love it!

Still, as I mentioned, this is  NOT APPROVED by the mlb or THE CLUB...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Best defensive outfield in baseball

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

The Red Sox open their season Monday against the Yankees in New York as Jon Lester faces CC Sabathia at 1:05 p.m. ET. Below is the Red Sox's projected Opening Day lineup.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

No I did see the disclaimer. It was not a blog post though right. It was on Redsox.com and from mlb.com. I'd still bet it's true. It is possible that it's not accurate as I've noted above but it would be very unprofessional if they posted this without input from the club. On the official Redsox website.

It absolutely could be an error and that is why I'm noting we don't have cross verification yet, but if it is true we should know in the next few minutes. Tonight's game starts in 1/2 hour.

By the way, this was posted just a few hours ago at 4:28 eastern time today.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

No I did see the disclaimer. It was not a blog post though right. It was on Redsox.com and from mlb.com. I'd still bet it's true. It is possible that it's not accurate as I've noted above but it would be very unprofessional if they posted this without input from the club. On the official Redsox website.

It absolutely could be an error and that is why I'm noting we don't have cross verification yet, but if it is true we should know in the next few minutes. Tonight's game starts in 1/2 hour.

By the way, this was posted just a few hours ago at 4:28 eastern time today.  

HOPE IT'S TRUE!!!  :)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/03/28/daniel-bard-sent-to-double-a-stephen-drew-to-dl-as-decision-on-jackie-bradley-still-awaits/

Above is a decent overview of the situation as of 1/2 hour before the Redsox.com listing. Farrell did keep Bradley as of today so it looks like he is still in the mix. They are maybe trying to trade someone or doing something I think. Maybe Sweeney or Maier have already opted out.

Or maybe it was just someone at mlb.com getting way out there on his own and messing up not knowing the real situation in Redsox land. Who knows. I would think we would have gotten confirmation by now. Let's see. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Bradley would improve their defense a lot in Yankee stadium potentially. And maybe hit the LH pitching a little better. I'm not hearing much about Nava today. He's still technically with the club though right. 

Adding Bradley to the 40 man roster is going to mean someone is gone. Maybe they dfa Hassan or do some other sort of deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Once papi went down, it seems to me like he was far the best alternative.

The question is more, what happens when Papi returns?

That's what I've been thinking. Id rather him now while we really might need him while Ortiz isnt playing. There's a possibility he gets sent back down to get that yr of control back ( not if he's still batting .444 of course ). Then see what happens. A lot can happen. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

We are opening against Sabathia. I'd rather have Bradley in that lineup rather than Sweeney against Sabathia, and maybe Petite after.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

It looks like they projected every team. This is looking like it is not much of an indicator of who will be there on opening day. I'm sorry to have given this so much weight. It looked like a snafu but it is looking now like a piece they did on every team and they just through Bradley's name in there.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130327&content_id=43378276&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130328&content_id=43451278&vkey=news_bos&c_id=bos

It looks like JBJ is on the team. Maybe in Youk mode ( called up, sent

down over and over ) but he is on the team opening day.

Salty should not start vs the lefty.

I'd go with this:

7. LF: Jackie Bradley Jr.                                                                                                           8. C:   David Ross                                                                                                                    9. SS: Jose Iglesias

Sections
Shortcuts