Psst...We have a really good well rounded Playoff quality offense this year. Y/N?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Psst...We have a really good well rounded Playoff quality offense this year. Y/N?

Lineup is fine.  Pitching needs to rebound.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Psst...We have a really good well rounded Playoff quality offense this year. Y/N?

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

It is still a playoff offense, just not a guaranteed playoff offense.  Right now, we project to have the best offense in the league.  We project to have a better than average offense at all 9 offensive positions.  Just for fun, I will list last year's OPS by position- 

• 1B .778
    • 2B .685
    • SS .674
    • 3B .740
    • LF .750
    • CF .757
    • RF .753
    • DH .758
    • C   .710

Which position would you expect us to finish behind league average?

Any of negativistas?

No interest from any of the whiners?  That's 9 positions to choose from.  Cannot you guys find at least one position that you think we will below league average?

I'm with you on this, but I will say I think several are slam dunks for us to by far exceed the league average...C, 2B, CF & DH.  Among the rest, I think we have a good chance to exceed the league average but if I had to pick one to miss it would be RF. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

really JB ?

while playing the ' he won't bet' card

on the street might have some merit

not so much on a message board

why risk my credibility or what ever the bet is

when I can't be confident payment will be paid

goes through my mind

way B4 reconsidering what I said

I thought you didn't bet because you're too young. At least that's what you told me last year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

JB

I don't have an opinion on the rest of the post yet

but as far as this goes

BTW, have I ever offered you a tag bet?

nope never

I just figured U were 1 of those guys

that has a problem with taking candy from a baby ;-)

..........................................................................................

...............................................................................

greetings carnie

I apologize upfront

if I offend U by misremembering

I thought you didn't bet because you're too young. At least that's what you told me last year

yup I remember saying that

thought it was more tactful than saying I didn't trust you

part of it was because you wouldn't change the bet

I believe you wanted 2 bet who won the season series

and I wanted 2 bet best record for whole season

didn't U lose that bet to someone else?

I ask because I have never seen payment

I did. I lost to jesseyeric, nhsteven and GreenPartyCelt. I'll be carrying a signature of "mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees" as soon as BDC gets the software straightened out here. Oh and I'll be offering a public apology for Denis Diderot for gpc that will be sure to inflame softlaw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

jete02fan also was in on that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

well, no. I don't see our offense as playoff quality. 

by that I mean, I'll add some nuance here: I think our offense is good enough to advance in the playoffs, but, it's not good enough to carrry a mediocre pitching staff like the staff we have now. 

That's the major piece left to be addressed this offseason, though there is still time. 

As for this pitching assessment: 

"My concern is the starting pitching staff.  Lester needs to be the ace that he is.  

Bulcholz and Lackey need to step it up too.  "\

uhh, I think that's a major over-estimate of our staff. Lester is a 2 or 3 starter at his best, same with Buch. Lackey? C'mon. I don't see how we can get an ace, even for Ells, but perhaps several strong number 2s will be good enough for a playoff entry. 

So, we'll see. 

"I'll be carrying a signature of "mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees" as soon as BDC gets the software straightened out here"

That means it'll never happen. Seriously, you'll never see that. Though you could easily paste in your own signature. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Are you a Red Sox fan?" (from Pike alias #103 to Schumpter): 

Well he's more of a Sox fan than you. He posted a series of on-topic posts analyzing the batting lineup. Just because he's skeptical of our lineup doesn't mean he's not a fan. Just because he doesn't lap up warmed up leftovers left out for gullible ones to lap up by management doesn't mean he's not a fan. Yeah sometimes Schumpter is a bit relentlessly skeptical for my taste but he makes valid points in most of his posts and talks baseball,.You may want to try it, if you talked baseball you might be able to hold onto a screen name for a few weeks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

BTW, have I ever offered you a tag bet?

nope never

I just figured U were 1 of those guys

that has a problem with taking candy from a baby ;-)

No, that's my favortie kind of candy.

Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

If God had not wanted them shorn, He would not have made them sheep.

From two American classics.  But the reason we have no wagers in that you're reasonable.  The bet I beat Geo on was that he said the RS would trade Beckett by opening day.  I think we were already in March.  Nobody trades their ace in March.  It would be like the NYY trading CC in March.  It really helps the wagering aspect when one side adamantly insists that the tooth fairy is real.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

hey JB or anyone

any thoughts on why joba signed a non-guaranteed contact

I understand arbitration won contracts R non-guaranteed

how common is it for arbitration avoiding contracts 2 B 

is it motivational or more about cash flow/  health concerns

That's a little odd.  Especially for a player that I would not consider overly healthy or mentally stable.