PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming"

I'll believe it when I see it. Rameriz and Bell to Boston, Crawford and prospect to Marlins. Why don't any of our guys have this? I don't think Kornheiser made it p!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming"

good IF true

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ramirez would fit right in, a bum with a poor work ethic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming":
    [QUOTE]I'll believe it when I see it. Rameriz and Bell to Boston, Crawford and prospect to Marlins. Why don't any of our guys have this? I don't think Kornheiser made it p!
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

hope not. dont need a third closer and Ramirez' best days are behind him and wont be a good clubhouse fit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If it happens , they should move Ramirez to left. Iglesias should get the shortstop job until he shows that he cannot handle it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Sox would pick up all of Hanley and Heath Bell's salaries and STILL have a huge payout to the Marlins.

Heath is owed about 22 million and Hanley is owed 37+ million.

Crawford still has 107+ million left, a difference of about 48 million.

Would the Sox have to eat 24 million of that 48 million?  More?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming":
    [QUOTE]If it happens , they should move Ramirez to left. Ciriaco should get the shortstop job until he shows that he cannot handle it.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Yes on Hanley in LF, no to Ciriaco at SS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming" : Yes on Hanley in LF, no to Ciriaco at SS.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]
    My bad. I meant to say Iglesias should be the shortstop. Don't know why I typed Ciriaco. I guess because the previous discussion was about Ciriaco batting second tonight. I will have to edit that post. Let me be clear: Iglesias should get the shot at shortstop. Aviles would be a nice improvement over Punto as a utility guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming" : My bad. I meant to say Iglesias should be the shortstop. Don't know why I typed Ciriaco. I guess because the previous discussion was about Ciriaco batting second tonight. I will have to edit that post. Let me be clear: Iglesias should get the shot at shortstop.

Fair enough.  Yes to Hanley in LF, and Yes to Iglesias at SS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]Ramirez would fit right in, a bum with a poor work ethic.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Very good "Bisson" and totally agree.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]If it happens , they should move Ramirez to left. Iglesias should get the shortstop job until he shows that he cannot handle it.

iggy should show he can handle the SS position and AAA pitching before we give him a chance..

aviles is playing good SS this year and ciriaco has been great so far. ciriaco is definitely a much much better option as a UIF than punto and a much much better bench player than punto too...

EDIT: just checked out iggys numbers in the minors this year.. he is hitting .260 with 7 extra base hits and 20 RBIs a 33/19 SO/BB ratio through 65 games. not nearly good enough to warrant a promotion and start over someone who frankly hasn't played poorly enough to lose his job. He also has 9 errors on the season..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]"We have not offered Carl to a single team," Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington told USA TODAY Sports. "We have not pursued anything on Carl Crawford." The reality is that the Marlins aren't going to take on more total expense and get one bum that cost more than the two bums and "a prospect" this rumor claims. That prospect would need to be a golden prospect.  Wishful thinking. Though this trade would be better for the Red Sox than doing nothing, the correct move is to dangle Ellsbury and 3 or 4 players from a package of prospects to get J. Upton. 
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Even thinking about trading Ellsbury would be stupid!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming" : iggy should show he can handle the SS position and AAA pitching before we give him a chance.. aviles is playing good SS this year and ciriaco has been great so far. ciriaco is definitely a much much better option as a UIF than punto and a much much better bench player than punto too...
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]
    Iglesias has steadily improved at the plate , after a slow start. He was up around .260 the last I looked. I don't think there is a scout in baseball that doesn't rate him as better defensively than Aviles. The time has come for him to get the shot.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming" : Iglesias has steadily improved at the plate , after a slow start. He was up around .260 the last I looked. I don't think there is a scout in baseball that doesn't rate him as better defensively than Aviles. The time has come for him to get the shot.

i edited my post and added stats. check it out, not nearly good enough to start him over aviles IMO even if his defense was twice as good as aviles' (BTW iggy has 9 errors on the season the same amount as aviles has... but aviles has played 93 games and iggy has only played 63..)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]Even thinking about trading Ellsbury would be stupid! InEpstein's plan was to deal Ellsbrick after he signed Crawbust. Right now, the attempts to deal Craword are foolish and would require a fool to pawn off Crawburst. Ellsbrick is done with the Red Sox in less than 1.5 years, so you can bet they are thinking about trading Ellsbrick. With Bradley, Jr., there is no way they make the Crawbust contract mistake twice and pay for Ellsbrick's FA years at age 30 and beyond.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury is the best player in the American League. He will be kept.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'm just curious but are the people who bash Ellsbury racists against White People and Native Americans?  It seems as though something is at play here given the man came in 2nd in the MVP voting last year.  How anyone can say he stinks just doesn't make a shred of sense.  Seems like the HATE is more about the person than the performance.  Ellsbury is a minority.  Time to ring Morris Deeds!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

You guys are not looking at what the FO is looking at, which is a salary dump all the way.  FWIW I'd rather just sell where ever possible instead of taking back other teams garbage.  This trade would be a wash IMO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are not looking at what the FO is looking at, which is a salary dump all the way.  FWIW I'd rather just sell where ever possible instead of taking back other teams garbage.  This trade would be a wash IMO.
    Posted by mthomas43[/QUOTE]

just selling is a salary dump

taking someone'se garbage is a salary swap

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming":
    [QUOTE]I'll believe it when I see it. Rameriz and Bell to Boston, Crawford and prospect to Marlins. Why don't any of our guys have this? I don't think Kornheiser made it p!
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

Hanley last two years has hit .246 and OPS of .740. Plus he's awful in the clubhouse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

but he's gone in 2 and a half years and until then we'd save 5 million a year (think Cody Ross's salary or a reliever's).........he may turn things around - we have 2 months to see.  If not, we can bite the bullet for 2 years which is better than 5!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Hanley stinks.   Period.  Hands like a rock, getting too big to move fast enough to put him ANYWHERE.  Giving up Crawford is ludicrous.  He is a supreme athelete.  He runs circles around Hanley, has a better attitude, and even if he stinks he can still steal bases.  Hanley.  NADDA.  Just attitude and drag azz work ethic.   Phhhht to that.  

Our pitching stinks.  Not our hitting.  Games change when the opposing team scores in the early innings, their pitchers can go after our guys,  The pitching is SHAMEFUL. 

Keep Carwford.   Keep Els.  

Sections
Shortcuts