PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming"

I haven't heard anything about this trade, it was brought up like a week ago but nothing since.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Hanley got dealt to the Dodgers....there's goes that theory.

Oh, and don't EVER take PTI nonsense as fact. Those guys are not well informed and have no sources. Just like everything else on ESPN, they are there to make good TV, not present facts. They succeed very well at one of those.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I believe Ben missed a golden opportunity.

Mushmouth lives on in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Good trade for Dodgers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Didn't Ramirez just go to the Dodgers?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming":
    [QUOTE]I'll believe it when I see it. Rameriz and Bell to Boston, Crawford and prospect to Marlins. Why don't any of our guys have this? I don't think Kornheiser made it p!
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]Again, that ship has sailed  !!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

With the Dodger trade lets hope the Hanley to Boston trade rumors have finally reached an end for good!

If anything positive can be taken for Sox fans at this trade deadline it is at least this!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

This thread is OBE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" When a thread starts like this, google first before you take it as Gospel. So many of you got hooked."

Thanks "forumdaddy".....

Hey can I borrow the car today? I promise to have it back before your 12 step "I'm addicted to telling people this forum is going down the tubes"  meeting. p.s. congrats on getting your three year anniversary chip!

p.s. to the OP - Kornheiser doesn't really break stories anymore, he's a "personality" now. PTI will riff on stuff for the sake of it. 

In all seriousness I see the Sox standing pat as I think ownership and management still believes in this team. They sent out a patronizing letter to season ticket holders emphasizing exactly that....

It's going to take a horrible finish, combined with flagging attendance and tv ratings, to wake them up. 

On the other hand I'd prefer Lester and Beckett wake up instead. :) 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I really like the chemistry between Wilbon and Kornheiser, who both wrote for the Washington Post back in the day, but MLB is not their forte, not by any stretch of the imagination.  Still, they were partly right--Hanley did leave Miami. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming":
    [QUOTE]They need to get rid of that bum, Aviles, before it's too late.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]
    "That bum" is the guy who had the key hit to bring in the winning run in last night's game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]" When a thread starts like this, google first before you take it as Gospel. So many of you got hooked." Thanks "forumdaddy"..... Hey can I borrow the car today? I promise to have it back before your 12 step "I'm addicted to telling people this forum is going down the tubes"  meeting. p.s. congrats on getting your three year anniversary chip! p.s. to the OP - Kornheiser doesn't really break stories anymore, he's a "personality" now. PTI will riff on stuff for the sake of it.  In all seriousness I see the Sox standing pat as I think ownership and management still believes in this team. They sent out a patronizing letter to season ticket holders emphasizing exactly that.... It's going to take a horrible finish, combined with flagging attendance and tv ratings, to wake them up.  On the other hand I'd prefer Lester and Beckett wake up instead. :) 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

That's what happened last year. Didn't work.  This team is beyond waking up: They're hibernating in the summer. 

Like your post, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

In Response to PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming":
    [QUOTE]I'll believe it when I see it. Rameriz and Bell to Boston, Crawford and prospect to Marlins. Why don't any of our guys have this? I don't think Kornheiser made it p!
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

When do you get it? Everything on ESPN is made up.

Hanley is in LA and Bell is done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming" : "That bum" is the guy who had the key hit to bring in the winning run in last night's game.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was Salty who got the key walk to move Ross into scoring position.
    I'm pretty sure expitch thinks so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PTI says, "Sox Blockbuster Trade Coming" : When do you get it? Everything on ESPN is made up. Hanley is in LA and Bell is done.
    Posted by boomp4[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury is no longer in the "bunting" class. Any guy who hits 32 HR should be swinging, not bunting. I wish he would stop that fake bunt on the first pitch. Too often it slides past for strike one. Let it rip, kid!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Best thing that ever happened to the Sox is NOT getting Hanley.

We need pitching.  Not an average SS. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

From MLBTR:

22. The Red Sox asked the Marlins about Hanley Ramirez before last night’s trade, but Boston’s interest was in acquiring the infielder and flipping him to a third team, Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports. It sounds as though the Red Sox were going to flip Ramirez to either the A’s or the Dodgers, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports (on Twitter).

23. Thank heaven Ben isn't stupid enough to try and get Hanley for the Sox.  Theat is where the blockbuster rumor came from apparently ... but it is dead now. 

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox should ship Lackey and Crawford to Japan for Hello Kitty and Pokeman.