Public truce offer to carnie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Public truce offer to carnie

Like all feuds, I don’t remember how this actually started. However, I offer a virtual handshake and would like to call this feud off. I love baseball, especially Red Sox baseball, and would like to focus on the 2013 season. Therefore, I say publicly, that you are one of the most knowledgeable posters on this forum. Your depth of knowledge concerning the Sox major and their minor league system is amazing. You certainly add to this forum.

Please accept this truce and let’s focus on the great game of baseball.

Thank you

2004Idiot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Public truce offer to carnie

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Like all feuds, I don’t remember how this actually started. However, I offer a virtual handshake and would like to call this feud off. I love baseball, especially Red Sox baseball, and would like to focus on the 2013 season. Therefore, I say publicly, that you are one of the most knowledgeable posters on this forum. Your depth of knowledge concerning the Sox major and their minor league system is amazing. You certainly add to this forum.

Thank you

2004Idiot

Quit mocking my user name and Burrito's user name and you'll have yourself a truce.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Thank you

2004Idiot

Quit mocking my user name and Burrito's user name and you'll have yourself a truce.

okay. And please stop calling me Edith; that was irritating me.

And I admittedly went overboard with RDOrtiz. You correctly pointed out my inappropriate behavior at the time. And I did apologize at the time; you gave me credit for doing so.

Anyways, thank you for accepting this truce. Now let's focus on the best time of year:the start of Red Sox baseball. Let's hope the Red Sox have a great year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

..........A tear slowly dropped from my eye......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I'll be in tears if he makes the same offer to Burrito.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I'll be in tears if he makes the same offer to Burrito.

HAHA!!!!!  I was half expecting it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Thank you

2004Idiot

And I admittedly went overboard with RDOrtiz. You correctly pointed out my inappropriate behavior at the time. And I did apologize at the time; you gave me credit for doing so.

Anyways, thank you for accepting this truce. Now let's focus on the best time of year:the start of Red Sox baseball. Let's hope the Red Sox have a great year.

I'll also call a truce if you could find a way to be less negative in your posts, maybe even show you actually enjoy some of the Sox players and actually find a way to agree with the moves of the front office. I don't expect you to agree with me and group members on everything but it would be nice to see something positive in your posts.

Hetch 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Thank you

2004Idiot

I'll also call a truce if you could find a way to be less negative in your posts, maybe even show you actually enjoy some of the Sox players and actually find a way to agree with the moves of the front office. I don't expect you to agree with me and group members on everything but it would be nice to see something positive in your posts.

Hetch 

amen....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Like the 2013 sox, this is a step in the right direction...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Thank you

2004Idiot

Hetch 

Hetch, I accept your truce offer. You also are a very knowledgeable Red Sox fan. You are an excellent addition to this forum. I will keep an open mind. I have been following this team for a long time and at times they break your heart and as we've seen in'04 and '07, they brought us to the top of the mountain. So Hetch, I will be rooting for this team's success starting with the opening game against the hated Yankees. I would like to see Bradley and Webster as soon as management can get them up here. I think the bullpen is great and I am hoping that Lester and Buchholz can step up and be a number 1 and number 2 in a WS contending team. So, yes I will cheer for this team and let Ben develop the "next great Red Sox team". 2004 and 2007 were great years. I miss late October baseball at Fenway.

P.S. Great avatar!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Thank you

2004Idiot

I will begin to believe that you are sincere when you have apologized to everyone you have insulted in the last year. Your childish nonsense is a large part of the reason so many good posters have stopped contributing to this board. You really need say you are sorry to more than just one or two posters if you want to be taken seriously.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Thank you

2004Idiot

I will begin to believe that you are sincere when you have apologized to everyone you have insulted in the last year. Your childish nonsense is a large part of the reason so many good posters have stopped contributing to this board. You really need say you are sorry to more than just one or two posters if you want to be taken seriously.

maybe stop with the spam too....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Thank you

2004Idiot

Can't you guys see this is tearing him apart!  I'm actually on the verge of tears.....

Could have something to do with the lynch mob that had circled???  I prefer to believe that 1diot had a true epiphany, and this offer has nothing to do with the rest of the board eating his lunch.  One would think that a sane man would eventually realize that he had hitched his wagon to the wrong horses, i.e. Stiffy and Billy-69.  I'm going to assume for the sake of argument that 2004 is a sane man.

Kudos to a true idiot.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

All of this and pike is silent? Man, thats creepy....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

All of this and pike is silent? Man, thats creepy....

he's been good lately.. the occasional pike-like post questioning other posters motives and asking intrusive questions but for the most part he's been flying under the radar.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

He offered me a "truce" last year ater waging multiple thread attacks accusing me of being a "bully" and a "stalker".  He offers truces only after a failed mass campaign to degrade ones character.  

I won't accept this child-like truce if offered to me but I will not bother with you Idiots if you stop mimicking avatars. If you want to be the bigger person than simply cease the attacks rather than trying to usurp the front page with more garbage - garbage like this thread.

Even so... your copy/past, threads that are only participated in by you, and your "defense of bill" threads are still a huge detriment to the board. You hold a monopoly on on the rights to destroy a forum. pike surely envies you but nobody else does.

Burrito, I'm confused about all the different Buritto's and Enchilada's etc. that have been showing up.  Are you the original one from Thailand, I think?  If so, why the low number of posts?  I thought you had thousands.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I would like a truce offer as well...Not sure who from, but I know I would like it...If no one offers a truce with me, I will just start a fight with them...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

I would like a truce offer as well...Not sure who from, but I know I would like it...If no one offers a truce with me, I will just start a fight with them...

I am a Libertarian, we can make some sort of third party truce.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I will be happy to offer you a truce. I don't know what I did to tick you off, but I'm sure it was something...(I'm just that kind of guy).

So in the interest of Detente, I offer you this olive branch and say that I am truly sorry for my egrigious effronteries and transgressions as well as my abysmal lack of good judgement in this matter. I sincerely apologize.

That is unless it's a fight you're looking for. If that be the case (and I'm Irish enough to say okay to that) then put 'em up and let's have at it.

Either way, I'm here to please. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Hi ampoule,

I had BurritoT (8,051 posts) and it got temporarily banned (actually do to my war with Idiots) and I changed to EnchiladaT (3,024 posts).... for whatever reason the BDC shortly restored my original name but I could not remember the email address that I originally signed up with!

After Idiots had a couple of months away from the forum he (unchallenged and unprovoked by me) came back and created not one but three Enchilada names! I decided to not respond in any way at all... I kept silent but I did change my name to BurritoT- to which Idiots created not one, not two, but four variations of Burrito! Naturally I could not hold my tongue at this point.

Then for whatever reason Idiots turned his attention to carnie.

If you want to see sick just back-browse the last 4 or 5 pages of On the front burner....

OUCH!!! Incredible!!

Anyway, old friend, it's good to see you back and certainly can understand your feelings on the matter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I will begin to believe that you are sincere when you have apologized to everyone you have insulted in the last year. Your childish nonsense is a large part of the reason so many good posters have stopped contributing to this board. You really need say you are sorry to more than just one or two posters if you want to be taken seriously"

Agreed 110 %. 2004 this thread is a good first step and it's good you want to make things better around here but I'm not sure what took you so long, you caused a lot of damage, especially with all the aliases. Letting things get so personal on a forum full of Internet personas is the height of silliness. Let's have baseball talk and not drama. If you feel the same way then great, in the past I have really enjoyed some of your stuff. 

While you are at it, can you stop with the absurd threads defending Bill 806. First off Bill can handle his own business in his own way, doesn't need your help. Second he's one of the most problematic posters in this forum the way he drags politics into the forum, puts other people's views down unecessarily. He is a genuine fan, of that there is no doubt, but he doesn't need to be celebrated as some kind of hero in here. We appreciate his service but here he is just another poster who could help this forum a lot by leaving his political views out of it. In turn you could help out by not claiming he is wildly misunderstood when in fact he brings so many of his problems upon himself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm not sure about a truce, but it's almost April 1, so a good scrap might be in order. We could always declare a truce later. :-)