Pujols anyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Pujols anyone

I figure it's going to take $25 million to get Pujols next year, maybe even a little more.

JD Drew and Ortiz make a combined $26.5 million.  Toss in Scuturo's salary, and that's $32 million.  The Sox could let those 3 guys walk, put Iglesias at SS, and Kaylish/Redding at RF, resign Pap with a significant increase, sign Pujols as the DH and only increase their 2012 payroll a little (due to AGON's increase).  Ok, they might have to let Pap walk, but with Pujols in the line up, they wouldn't need a closer.  They'd just need mop up guys.

That just wouldn't be fair.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: Pujols anyone

"...with Pujols in the line up, they wouldn't need a closer."  Get real! 

It has been 2 months without a Pujols thread around here.  Why did you think now was the time? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

No offense, but the idea of getting Pujols to DH is just silly.  And even if it was a realistic notion to pay $25 million a year for a DH, there's another team in our division who could use one, and last I heard they're pretty well-off financially themselves. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I dont think he would make this lineup...well, except for JD...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Pujols anyone:
    [QUOTE]I figure it's going to take $25 million to get Pujols next year, maybe even a little more. JD Drew and Ortiz make a combined $26.5 million.  Toss in Scuturo's salary, and that's $32 million.  The Sox could let those 3 guys walk, put Iglesias at SS, and Kaylish/Redding at RF, resign Pap with a significant increase, sign Pujols as the DH and only increase their 2012 payroll a little (due to AGON's increase).  Ok, they might have to let Pap walk, but with Pujols in the line up, they wouldn't need a closer.  They'd just need mop up guys. That just wouldn't be fair.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]dude i started a thread and ran this to the ground a few weeks bak. y the heck would sox not give ortiz a 3 year deal if they must (2 guaranteed, one vested). unless he wants to play right field, no way do we need pujols. then u have to consider his age. well, he could start there and in time make him the dh. then again, youk could go there as well. before ortiz started doing it vs lefties, thought perhaps a pujols could get day offs from the field and play dh only. now, i want papi's bat every game. we'll see. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I figure it would take about $50-75 million dollars to develop a re-animation machine, which could be used to re-animate Babe Ruth.  And, being that his mind would be controlled by the front office/Tito, the club would have no outlay as far as contract.  That would be cheaper in the long run than Pujols.  Not to mention that it would be the ultimate stake in the Yankees heart.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Pujols wants a $300 million contract. He'll be 32 next season. His stats don't look eye popping this year. No Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I figure it's going to take $25 million to get Pujols next year, maybe even a little more. JD Drew and Ortiz make a combined $26.5 million.  Toss in Scuturo's salary, and that's $32 million.  The Sox could let those 3 guys walk, put Iglesias at SS, and Kaylish/Redding at RF, resign Pap with a significant increase, sign Pujols as the DH and only increase their 2012 payroll a little (due to AGON's increase).  Ok, they might have to let Pap walk, but with Pujols in the line up, they wouldn't need a closer.  They'd just need mop up guys. That just wouldn't be fair.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

That's a gross oversimplification of the Sox payroll predicament next season.  You'd actually be boosting payroll for CBT purposes by about $20M or more depending on how significant of an increase you're talking about with Pap.

Also, I don't see any closer as being worth much more than pap is getting now, especially given the projected market for closers next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Its worth mentioning that Papi has a better Avg MORE HR MORE RBI MORE 2B More TRIPLES BETTER OBP HIGHER SLUGGING BETTER OPS all that with 20 LESS AB !!!!!!!!!!! Plus Papi at half the price of Albert!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Albert is not good enough to crack this line-up PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Thanks..i needed a good laugh.. the not needing a closer line made me lay an air biscuit i laughed so hard..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

no

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NO NO NO

For the last GD time No. We will not even try for him. 25 mil will not be enough. Did u follow this off season. Papi isnt good enough for U. And Albert WILL NOT PLAY FOR A TEAM IF HE HAS TO DH. Not for 25 mil. Im sick and tired of the Fantasy baseball fans. We Will not trade for King Felix and we will NEVER try for let alone get Pujoles. The day the redsox get Pujoles is the Day I stop watching baseball..... wich will be never. Because the Red Sox will NEVER GET ALBERT PUJOLES. EVER. WE HAVE AGON, we made our decision to get AGON instead of wait to choose from him Fielder and Pujoles. And it was the right decision. If you want Pujoles on the redsox go play MLB the show or 2K11 and turn on the force trade feature and trade for him. People are dumb and greedy and im tired of these posts.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And u can F off if you say one word about my spelling or gramer. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

dirtywaterlover has 4000 posts and this is his contribution?  As others have already said, fantasy baseball is running amuck. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

meh, the Cubs can have 'em.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Right idea, wrong application. Pujols isn't going to get top value contract offers just to be a DH. Start thinking Kemp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Papi is a drug test away from a suspension.  And if he gets a multi year deal, he'll stop taking the peds (why risk the suspension if you've got a multi year contract  - see Posada) and return to his 2009 form.  In any case, even a juiced Papi can only play for so long. 

I was being facetious about not needing a closer.

JD Drew, Papi, and Scuturo make a combined $32 million.  Some of the savings from not resigning those guys will go to cover the increase in pay roll for AGon's salary.  But that leaves enough to sign Pujols.

I guess the point was, I was imagining the offensive power from having Pujol's on the team.  Of course Pujols won't come here.  He wants to be the star of the team, and I'm not sure the clubhouse is big enough for AGon and Pujol.

But they could sign him.  Or at least try for him and force a certain team to the south to offer him more money that they would otherwise have to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Can Pujols catch? or play right field? or SS....then NO. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Pujols anyone:
    [QUOTE]Albert is not good enough to crack this line-up PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!!!!

Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]

He'd be better than the chump you have playing third right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]"...with Pujols in the line up, they wouldn't need a closer."   Get real!  It has been 2 months without a Pujols thread around here.  Why did you think now was the time? 
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

LOL, par. We needed a Pujols thread because we couldn't start a "let's trade for Adrian Gonzalez" thread.

Pujols became the default thread topic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This idea was stupid the first time one of these was started and here on the 14th go round, it is still stupid.

Your payroll analysis is wrong as well.  Adrian's real contract kicks in next year +12 million I think, guys like Lester, Pedroia, Clay, all have tiered contracts that increase every year.  I think Crawford gets about a 5 million raise next year.  Jacoby is either going to get a contract that increases his salary or get a big bump in arbitration.  Papelbon?  The 30 million that comes off with Drew, Cameron, and Scutaro (who has a 3 million player option or 1.5 buyout) is already mostly accounted for through these contract structures, so no, there is not 25 million laying around to pay a guy who plays a position where we already have a guy making 20 million.

Increases next year to Agon,CC,Lester, Pedey, Clay = about 23 million.  In 2014 Lester/Clay/Pedey will make a combined 30 million, about 20 more than this year.  We have not even begun to account for Paps/Ells/Salty (or their replacements) or RF or a 5th starter.  Dice is the only significant contract coming off the books after next year. 

The 2013 team has over 100 million committed to 8 guys, Agon/CC/Pedey/Youk/Lester/Beckett/Clay/Lackey.  I'm not saying that is not a great core, because it is, but the notion that there is money to spend on Pujols is crazy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]This idea was stupid the first time one of these was started and here on the 14th go round, it is still stupid. Your payroll analysis is wrong as well.  Adrian's real contract kicks in next year +12 million I think, guys like Lester, Pedroia, Clay, all have tiered contracts that increase every year.  I think Crawford gets about a 5 million raise next year.  Jacoby is either going to get a contract that increases his salary or get a big bump in arbitration.  Papelbon?  The 30 million that comes off with Drew, Cameron, and Scutaro (who has a 3 million player option or 1.5 buyout) is already mostly accounted for through these contract structures, so no, there is not 25 million laying around to pay a guy who plays a position where we already have a guy making 20 million. Increases next year to Agon,CC,Lester, Pedey, Clay = about 23 million.  In 2014 Lester/Clay/Pedey will make a combined 30 million, about 20 more than this year.  We have not even begun to account for Paps/Ells/Salty (or their replacements) or RF or a 5th starter.  Dice is the only significant contract coming off the books after next year.  The 2013 team has over 100 million committed to 8 guys, Agon/CC/Pedey/Youk/Lester/Beckett/Clay/Lackey.  I'm not saying that is not a great core, because it is, but the notion that there is money to spend on Pujols is crazy.

Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

True, but why let facts get in the way?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He is staying with Cardinals, period. He belongs there and will retire there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I know Pujols won't be coming to the Red Sox, but I can imagine what the line up would do to other teams' pitching.

What about Prince Fielder?