Pujols anyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from williamlineberry. Show williamlineberry's posts

Re: Pujols anyone

Where would we play him If we were to go after a big time free agent, it should be Reyes. I know we that the the kid coming up but he still has a ways to go to prove himself whereas Reyes is without a doubt the best SS in the majors and is just moving into his prime. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Hey babe.
    I've really missed your "Beckett the useless fat Texan" posts. Must have something to do with Beckett having the best ERA in the AL. Or maybe its because he's the yankees daddy with 3 wins against cc in 2011.
    A healthy Beckett is making you look like the d bag you are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricBennington. Show EricBennington's posts

It would work for both AG and AP to DH and 1st base with power righty and lefty in the lineup.
    Expensive yes!
    Either this or get another RH hitter w/power to supplement in the lineup.

Either way, losing JD Drew is no real loss except 14m off the books!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

OH MY....HOW SILLY!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Pitching ... not hitting ... wins games.  The game last night is proof of that.  Yes, you have to score at least a run to win, but look at how successful the Rays are with a limp batting lineup and outstanding pitching.  

Screw Pujols ... lets find the pitchers he can't hit against, and sign them.   Last time I looked, having the MVP-ball-crushing Pujols did not bring in any  championship rings.  

We need a power hitting right fielder.   Period.  Preferably a right hander.  Kalish is great, but we really could use a masher from the right side. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Look at it like this.

As a team the Sox lead the A.L. in AVG, Doubles, RBI's, Runs, and are second in HR's amongst other categories.....and oh yeah they do have the best record in the A.L. 

Clearly this team does not have offensive problems.  Would Pujols make this offense more potent? oh my god yes! but at what price?  You are paying a premium price for a hitter that you are bound to end up paying into his 40's and in return you have to move one of your top two players to DH or a foreign role.

Just because money is coming off the books next year doesn't mean he is affordable, because you also have to think about the years after.   Eventually RF will have to be replaced, a Catcher may need to be signed, a Closer and a DH will need to be signed, Iglesias may not work at as well as we think.  Also Pedrioa, Youkilis and Lester are not on contract forever they will eventually have to be replaced or resigned.  No matter how good the scouting report on Soxprospects.com seems a lot of those holes canno't be filled with the minor league system alone.   

In the End buying Pujols may help this team for a couple years but it would end up hurting it for more. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Pujols anyone:
    [QUOTE]Pitching ... not hitting ... wins games.  The game last night is proof of that.  Yes, you have to score at least a run to win, but look at how successful the Rays are with a limp batting lineup and outstanding pitching.   Screw Pujols ... lets find the pitchers he can't hit against, and sign them.   Last time I looked, having the MVP-ball-crushing Pujols did not bring in any  championship rings.   We need a power hitting right fielder.   Period.  Preferably a right hander.  Kalish is great, but we really could use a masher from the right side. 

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Ummm...I'm guessing you didn't look too hard. The cards won it all in 2006.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

Not intrested honestly....

Will cost too much, already showing a decline in performance.. No doubt he's been awesome for St Louis and is a top 5 hitter but I honestly would rather see Ortiz resigned after the way he's performed this season  thus far.

And we already have Adrian Gonzalez who is one of the top hitters in league and is still very young.

Let the Yankees have Pujols if they really want him, I doubt they will get him though. I would see him going back to St Louis or staying in the NL.