PUJOLS OR ORTIZ AS NEXT YEAR'S DH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Re: PUJOLS OR ORTIZ AS NEXT YEAR'S DH?

THE RED SOX ARE NOT A FANTASY BASEBALL TEAM. also MONEY DOESNT GROW ON TREES also HE WILL NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIGN WITH A TEAM IF HE WOULD BE A DH also WITH SOO MUCH MONEY IN CRAWFORD, AGON, PUJOLS, AND LACKEY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUK AND PEDROIA COME KNOCKING FOR NEW CONTRACTS. 

NO ONE HERE COULD EVER BE A GM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

first, Ortiz has earned an extension, will they agree on a short contract, maybe not, and then is when we look outside;

only players with no position offers accept to DH

I think Boston would have to offer a position

really, Boston choose A-Gon now rather than Pujols later

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Arodswallows
    First: 5/22/2011
    Last: 5/26/2011

just wondering how you knew that about arod

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

i was thinking you put pujols in the outfield to replace drew.it would be a job he played when he first came up.but having him to give gonzales days off would be fine.gonzales then coulddh to rest up.yanks do it with their players a lot.before posada took over as dh.youkilis doesn't want to play first anymore from what i read.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Having Pujols DH would be a dream come true too bad it will never happen...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

Why not sign pujols to play third and move the soft injury prone youk to DH?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Is this a serious question? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

In Response to Re: PUJOLS OR ORTIZ AS NEXT YEAR'S DH?:
    Why not sign pujols to play third and move the soft injury prone youk to DH?
    Posted by --The---Babe-1

Or maybe he can close for the Red Sox after Papelbon leaves as a FA?  LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

In Response to PUJOLS OR ORTIZ AS NEXT YEAR'S DH? : =====================================================   The Sox would never pay more than around 8 mil for a fulltime DH.(nor should they) Pulos is not coming here. Forget about it.
    Posted by djbosox2004

I agree Pujols will not land in Boston. But your post begs the question, how much is Ortiz currently paid?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, thats a lot of money.  They could probably spend the same money and re-animate Babe Ruth.  babe would be a more logical DH.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

Well, thats a lot of money.  They could probably spend the same money and re-animate Babe Ruth.  babe would be a more logical DH.

Posted by SpacemanEephus

Thanks, but I would never play for the red flops.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: PUJOLS OR ORTIZ AS NEXT YEAR'S DH? : I agree Pujols will not land in Boston. But your post begs the question, how much is Ortiz currently paid?
    Posted by Roadrunner9234
    around 13.5m!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: PUJOLS OR ORTIZ AS NEXT YEAR'S DH? : Thanks, but I would never play for the red flops.
    Posted by --The---Babe-1

back in the grave for you then

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

1st off, PUJOLS would DH if paid enough money.MONEY before PRIDE in pro sports.
    2ndly--how much more would you be willing to pay for SOX tickets and NESN?

for in the end, it's the fans that pay the bills.

personally, i don't see it happening, but then again, i didn't see the 140 million for CC either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I hate this thread--for the simple reason that Pujols in St Louis is great for MLB.  The fans there love him because he's a great player and works well with, for and in the community.  If the Cards can give him $20M or more a year, he should stay. 

The Sox don't have to have every great player in MLB.  And they certainly don't need two great hitting firstbasemen.  Paying $20M a year for a DH is insane. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

JD Drew plus Ortiz's salary for this year is $26.5 million.  Toss in Pap's salary, and the Sox could sign Pujols and have a lower total salary than they do now.

With Pujols in the line up, do you need anything more than a good defensive RF? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Papi not only looks good, but he actually looks like he has semi-wheels on the basepath...looks like he dedicated himself to health...cut out the fatty foods...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I hate this thread--for the simple reason that Pujols in St Louis is great for MLB.  The fans there love him because he's a great player and works well with, for and in the community.  If the Cards can give him $20M or more a year, he should stay.  The Sox don't have to have every great player in MLB.  And they certainly don't need two great hitting firstbasemen.  Paying $20M a year for a DH is insane. 
    Posted by maxbialystock
    you obviously are not a real sox fan! oh no, lets do all that we can to win within the rules. lets worry about st. louis nad the collectuve. mlb should have a real salary cap. not our issue to worry about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: PUJOLS OR ORTIZ AS NEXT YEAR'S DH? : you obviously are not a real sox fan! oh no, lets do all that we can to win within the rules. lets worry about st. louis nad the collectuve. mlb should have a real salary cap. not our issue to worry about.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Because someone doesn't think the Red Sox have an inherant right to every player you covet, they are not a real fan?  Good logic. 

The type of attitude you express is not of a real Red Sox fan, it is that of a post 2004, entitled Red Sox fan.  The type of Red Sox fan that makes fans around the country just lump Red Sox and Yankee fans together.

The other poster is right, having Pujols in STL is good and other teams having good players is also good.  Instead of being a hack fantasy/armchair GM, why not try enjoying the Red Sox as they are currently assembled, which just happens to be an amazing collection of talent.

Or better yet, go root for  the Pirates or Jays or Padres or Royals for a couple years.  Then you might just realize how ridiculously spoiled you sound when an off-season after the Red Sox land Adrian and Crawford, all you can think about is how they can go get the next big fish. 

The best part is you want the Red Sox to get a 250 million 1B, a few months after they just signed a 150 million dollar 1B.  From hear forward I shall refer to this type of entitled, unrealistic stupidity as Pink Hat GMing.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: PUJOLS OR ORTIZ AS NEXT YEAR'S DH? : Because someone doesn't think the Red Sox have an inherant right to every player you covet, they are not a real fan?  Good logic.  The type of attitude you express is not of a real Red Sox fan, it is that of a post 2004, entitled Red Sox fan.  The type of Red Sox fan that makes fans around the country just lump Red Sox and Yankee fans together. The other poster is right, having Pujols in STL is good and other teams having good players is also good.  Instead of being a hack fantasy/armchair GM, why not try enjoying the Red Sox as they are currently assembled, which just happens to be an amazing collection of talent. Or better yet, go root for  the Pirates or Jays or Padres or Royals for a couple years.  Then you might just realize how ridiculously spoiled you sound when an off-season after the Red Sox land Adrian and Crawford, all you can think about is how they can go get the next big fish.  The best part is you want the Red Sox to get a 250 million 1B, a few months after they just signed a 150 million dollar 1B.  From hear forward I shall refer to this type of entitled, unrealistic stupidity as Pink Hat GMing.    
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards
    oh yeah, i'm a pinkieee! i am a proud spoiled, entitled pink hatter like other real fans! i enjoy this team but its good to not get content with the present regardless of how great. perhaps we could keep both ortiz at dh and pujols in right! will only cost $300m!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

why is it wrong to want to improve the team in a realistic manner? Pujols will be a free agent, Ortiz will be a free agent. Drew and Cameron will be coming off the books.

the plus of having Pujols is that he also can play other positions. (1b-3b, maybe the corner of slots)

i don't think it will happen - but a shot at this generation's best hitter should at least be explored by management.

and it's not my money so how much they spend on him is their concern - not mine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

why not get pujols to play first move gonzales to dh?As i read on here from the start of the season was what is wrong with him.no power.well,i haven't seen the letters for gonzales so people must be happy now.so adding pujols and deleting drew and possibly ellsbury.why not.put kalish or another guy for cheap.

Sections
Shortcuts