Pull the Plug on Wakefield Ceremonial Tour Part 2, Part 1 Cost a Playoff spot!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Pull the Plug on Wakefield Ceremonial Tour Part 2, Part 1 Cost a Playoff spot!

Wakefield told Jon Paul Morosi of Fox Sports that he wants to come back in 2012. “I have another goal in front of me that I’d like to accomplish, and that’s the all-time record for the Red Sox in wins," he said. "I’m only seven away. I think the fans deserve an opportunity to watch me chase that record. We’ll see what happens.”

Wake should probably check the comments section and message boards. There do not seem to be many fans who feel like they "deserve" that.

Who really cares if Wakefield reaches what he wants to reach. How about the disaster of 2009, 2010 and 2011!. How about fans deserve better, as Ortiz says.

Get rid of Wakefield! And get rid of the GM who compromised a season by putting Wakefield on the active roster for a ceremonial tour to 200 wins. WTFIH cares!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayToDay. Show DayToDay's posts

Re: Pull the Plug on Wakefield Ceremonial Tour Part 2, Part 1 Cost a Playoff spot!

I'm curious about the thread topic.  How did "part 1" cost a playoff spot?  Are you saying that Francona only started Wakefield this year to get to 200 wins and that it had nothing to do with the fact that all our starters were hurt?  Are you saying that we had an ace sitting on the bench just waiting to throw shutout after shutout but Francona insisted on trotting Wakefield out there to get his 200 wins instead?  Are you saying that Miller, Weiland and Lackey (and maybe even Darnell MacDonald) had much better numbers than Wakefield and deserved more starts over him?  Do you feel that the injuries of Daisuke and Buchholz were perhaps frauds and only cooked up to have an excuse to have Wakefield start?

Please clarify your thread title.  Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

Re: Pull the Plug on Wakefield Ceremonial Tour Part 2, Part 1 Cost a Playoff spot!

"I’m only seven away. I think the fans deserve an opportunity to watch me chase that record.

Wake is deluded.  The fans "deserve" to see the best players making their best reasonable effort to win every game.  I don't dispute for a moment his legacy, but at some point "past performance is no guarantee of future success" must take precedence.  Time to move on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hear Ye Hear Ye! Thanks 4 everything Tim, don't forget to write us next summer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Whether or not Wakefield returns is the LEAST of the Sox problems going into 2012. This horse is dead...everyone KNOWS HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT, stop beating it already.

Oh yeah...it's "Les Paul" not "Less Paul". It did not change in '58 or '59 or '09. Write a new jingle would you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

It really isn't the "least" of the problems, it exemplifies the core of the problem. Pitching, too old, and stubborness. The pitching was patheric, Wake is too old, and some of the players are not willing to admit they can't gt it done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

I see your point Burrito, but if he returns as the 6th or 7th starter, or limps off into the sunset is not really going to be the reason why the Sox win the WS or miss the playoffs next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

It did not change in '58 or '59 or '09. Write a new jingle would you?

the quality of gibson les Paul's went to junk after 1958! Idiot!

Unbelievable, some poster claiming that giving poor old Timmy Wastefield a 2012 roster spot isn't going to hurt anything.

Listen up, bud! The Red Sox went 6 man Monte for a brief period in the summer to insure Timmy had repetitive chances to get 200. After the injuries, they demoted Miler who was good on the road with an ERA under 4 on the road!

Wastefield is a laughing stock!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Wakefield was clearly not the problem.  Any team that needs it's 6th/spot starter to win a significant # of games isn't going anywhere.

The starting pitching for the Red Sox isn't old.  They just pitched like it.  If you don't stay in shape and just sit around and drink beer, you're not going to be effective in September/October.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: Pull the Plug on Wakefield Ceremonial Tour Part 2, Part 1 Cost a Playoff spot!:
    [QUOTE]It really isn't the "least" of the problems, it exemplifies the core of the problem. Pitching, too old, and stubborness. The pitching was patheric, Wake is too old, and some of the players are not willing to admit they can't gt it done.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
     I like your post because watching him pitch drives me nuts. Wakefield is certainly old, but I'm not sure that the rest of the staff suffers from that condition. What struck me was that for the most part the starters couldn't go deep and because of that the bullpen appeared to collapse in september from overuse or from not being in shape. I'm sure that Moon will counter with an array of data that will show that Wake is a cheap piece of the puzzle but for me the idea that his pursuit of personal records is hardly in sync with the type of housecleaning that this team needs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

If you don't stay in shape and just sit around and drink beer, you're not going to be effective in September/October.                                  

If you are fat and old and terrible like Tim Wastefield, you aren't going to be effective beyond shuffleboard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'd rather see traffic in downtown Boston than to see Wakefield continue pitching for us. 

Wakefield can go to Japan or Korea and continue his career over there. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Wakefield would get lit up by a girls softball team! Varitek would be chasing the entire girls softball team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I think Wakiefield's statement was very self-centered.

If we really need a knuckle-ball pitcher, why not call Phil Niekro?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

In Response to Re: Pull the Plug on Wakefield Ceremonial Tour Part 2, Part 1 Cost a Playoff spot!:
    [QUOTE]It did not change in '58 or '59 or '09. Write a new jingle would you? the quality of gibson les Paul's went to junk after 1958! Idiot! Unbelievable, some poster claiming that giving poor old Timmy Wastefield a 2012 roster spot isn't going to hurt anything. Listen up, bud! The Red Sox went 6 man Monte for a brief period in the summer to insure Timmy had repetitive chances to get 200. After the injuries, they demoted Miler who was good on the road with an ERA under 4 on the road! Wastefield is a laughing stock!
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

I am not talking about the quality of their guitars! You have stated in several threads that the name changed from "Les Paul" (which it continues to be to this day) to "Less Paul" (which is you trying to cover for the fact that you know "less" about guitars then you do about baseball).

Do you think it is possible that you could attemot to add something NEW to the discussion? You blab on and on about "Wastefield" & Varitek & Theo, and of course that inane "reverse pivot" theory of yours, yet you haven't added a new insight in MONTHS!!

Why don't you attempt, just for once, to have a discussion....instead of spouting of the same your same tired "catch phrases"? My guess is because when it actually comes to having a debate....you do not have a leg to stand on.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "LESS" PAUL GUITAR!! You of course in your small mindedness decide to start name calling... which is of course, the last resort of the ignorant. Are you gonna stop pretending that your not SoftLaw?

Nite-Nite Softy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Wakefield would get lit up by a girls softball team! Varitek would be chasing the entire girls softball team.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

ROFL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I am not talking about the quality of their guitars! You have stated in several threads that the name changed from "Les Paul" (

I have never stated that Orville Gibson's former company changed the name of a guitar model! I own a 1918 Gibson O and know more about guitars than you can look up and fake it reading Google. And Les Paul was an assumed name to start with.

You blab on about Timmy ceremonial tour Part 2, as if Part 1 didn't cost the Red Sox the post season.

It's not name calling to call someone an idiot, when that someone has a reading comprehension of zero.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

AWWW poor Softy..did somebody steal your binky?   It's OK ...you will make a friend one of these days...and then you guys can go to Chuck E. Cheese together. Until then, buck up little trooper!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I heard Wakefield's comments and had to shake my head literally. It is so time for him to retire. He has been a solid, serviceable innings eater looking back over his entire body of work, but to keep him for a "record" is not what the Nation desires.

Sections
Shortcuts