Pulling For The Yankme,s 2 Night, Dont Wont The O,s ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Pulling For The Yankme,s 2 Night, Dont Wont The O,s ...

So Close....

Go RedSox...............Wink......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Pulling For The Yankme,s 2 Night, Dont Wont The O,s ...

I'm pulling for a 20+inning, use everyone in the bullpen, type of affair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Yanks will finish ahead of the O's this year.

Go O's!

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is extremely difficult to pull for the Yankees. The last time that happened was in  2011 vs the Rays. We know how that turned out. Maybe if our season depended on it , I could see it. But at this point, no way. The  Yankees may well still turn out to be a bigger threat than the  O's.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Go O's!

Sox4ever

Yike,s moon, You Think.....Surprised........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dont underestimate NYY's ability to not come through when you need them (see 2011).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Go O's!

Sox4ever

I dont see it moon, but part of me hopes youre right. Let them finish in a tie for 4th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I never give up on the yanks but they sure do have their fair share of injuries this year.

I can't stand the O's especialy adam jones.  Living outside of DC I see most of my games at camden yards.  Can't stand O's fans and I hope their team loses tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It is extremely difficult to pull for the Yankees. The last time that happened was in  2011 vs the Rays. We know how that turned out. Maybe if our season depended on it , I could see it. But at this point, no way. The  Yankees may well still turn out to be a bigger threat than the  O's.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

tell me about it

but you can do it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I never give up on the yanks but they sure do have their fair share of injuries this year.

I can't stand the O's especialy adam jones.  Living outside of DC I see most of my games at camden yards.  Can't stand O's fans and I hope their team loses tonight.

+1 67rs........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

tell me about it

but you can do it

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This is really a win win.  We probably should want the O's to lose as they may be more of a threat in the AL east this year but I will always welcome Yankee losses. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

One team will lose: that's a good thing.

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

This is really a win win.  We probably should want the O's to lose as they may be more of a threat in the AL east this year but I will always welcome Yankee losses. 

Thanks..hugh Conn RS Fan....Wink.. It,s Called Distance Between Your Opponet.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

I'm for the Yanks tonight.  Why not root for the Sox to pick up a game on the O's?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

I'm for the Yanks tonight.  Why not root for the Sox to pick up a game on the O's?

[/QUOTE]

Bury the Yankees, while they're hurting.

Hopefully, the Sox get Buchholz back, by the time the O's series rolls around, at the end of the month.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yankee hate runs deep and, although, O's, our biggest nemesis this year and the last few(along with the Rays too) are only 2 games behind in the lost column, I take a delight in seeing the Yankees lose.

For Boston Basketball fans I feel the same way about the Lakers & newly added the last couple of years, Miami Heat !!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

No true Sox fan roots for the Yankees, not ever; especially when for the first time in more than 10 years we might see their unltimate demise.

Sad state of affairs when alleged fans of Boston find reason to root for New York.

The only time I will root for New York is if it is the Mets are playing the Yankees, and the Yankees must lose.

You all act like Tito,  2 games up in a 3 game series and you rest your best rather than put the foot down on the throat. You all disgust me.

well Buritto ol friend, having had the privilage of seeing my all time baseball hero Teddy ballgame battle it out with Mickey Mantle, the rivalry was burned deeply into me a long long time ago. with that said, with no put down or insult intended towards our yankee fan posters, I'm afraid to say that I could never in good conscience ever root for our rivals from da bronx no matter what place they are in. If I even uttered the slightest support for them my dad (lord above rest his sole) would send down a lightning bolt and fry my backside.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Hear Hear !!!

thanks bro! can you hear dirty water playing in the backround?Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Go O's!

Sox4ever

My surprise! I thought a true Sox fan never rooted for the Yankees. I've got them finishing a comfortable and well-deserved last in the division this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I always want the yanks to lose but at this point in time I want the O's to lose even more.

They are closer in the standings and in my humble opinion they are fielding a better team this year.  I think they are a greater threat so I want them to lose.

My second reason is personal.  I see most of my sox games at the yard.  I can't stand their fans or some of their players like the arrogant adam jones.

I have to listen to their home announcers every game since I live outside of DC.  This year some of them are beyond arrogant!  I want the O's to lose every game for the rest of the seasonWink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Every time someone "feels sorry" for the Yankees or want someone else to lose to the Yankees, that's usually the beginning of a hot streak for the Yankees. You never take them for granted, EVER. Not with a half-season left to be played. You never play that card with the Yanks, and you destroy all good karma making deals with the devil. NEVER EVER ROOT FOR THOSE SONS OF BIATCHES.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good comments from moonslav and dannycater and others.  I agree you can't assume the Yankees away. 

That said, I consider them the worthy adversary and would rather have the Yankees in 2d place, despite the obvious risks, than the Orioles.  And right now it's clear the Yankees are hurting with all those hitters out.  The good news for them is they are still above .500 with a lineup of no-names (except Cano of course) and without Teixeira, ARod, Granderson, and Jeter. 

Before Peter Angelos, who meddled way too much, the Orioles were a very good franchise.  Now they have that great ballpark but have been lousy until, I'm guessing, last year or the year before.  They are a solid club this year and deserve 2d place in the AL East. 

For this reason I think they are the bigger threat (than the Yankees).  Teixeira is out for the year.  ARod wasn't that great the last time he played.  Jeter is a year older.  Granderson may or may not return to hitting dingers regularly.  I'm not saying a house of cards, but am saying long in the tooth (except for Granderson and Teixeira).  On the other hand, Cashman has done a terrific job finding replacements.