Pumpsie wins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Pumpsie wins

Made a bet with Pumpsie.  He won. He was right about losing the game if Bailey got the ball. Pains me to say he was right but it is what it is.  Yes it was controversial ump call but outcome proved Pumpsie correct.  Time to admit Pumpsie knows baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Pumpsie wins

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

Made a bet with Pumpsie.  He won. He was right about losing the game if Bailey got the ball. Pains me to say he was right but it is what it is.  Yes it was controversial ump call but outcome proved Pumpsie correct.  Time to admit Pumpsie knows baseball.

You are an honorable gentleman. I admit I throw a lot of stuff at the wall and occasionally some of it sticks. But I have been watching the game for a long time and while I am no expert, I am not a newbie about it either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I thought Pumpsie didn't bet.  He always turns down bets from JoeBreidey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I'll take that as a compliment.  Coming from the Bronx, and coming from a somewhat different backround, I've gained a lot of insight into the human psyche.  And Pumpsie willingness to engage others in a wager, but his fear of me, puts me at the top of the foodchain.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Pumpsie said the season was over 6 weeks ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I can see why Pumpsie finally worked up the 'nads to make a bet.

The way Bailey has been throwing the ball, that bet is as close to a lock as you're going to find.

The question is, why would you make a bet like that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He knows baseball because he can see that Bailey has been awful  in June? Wow, Gammons should fear for his job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I can see why Pumpsie finally worked up the 'nads to make a bet.

The way Bailey has been throwing the ball, that bet is as close to a lock as you're going to find.

The question is, why would you make a bet like that?

Pumpsie always predicts a negative outcome for the Sox.  Obviously, that's going to make him "right" some times. 

I'm surprised he hasn't started rooting against his team yet.  He's way behind schedule this year.   LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I only bet on sure things. When Bailey came into the game and allowed two of the three batters he faced in the 8th inning to reach I KNEW it was over. So did everyone else, though they didn't want to admit it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I agree it was smart to be worried about Bailey pitching in the 7th, but I disagree it was inevitable he would tie the game.  As I recall, the Sox would have had a double play early in the inning when Pedroia knocked down the line drive and threw to Napoli at 1B.  Problem was, the ex-catcher didn't know you tag the runner already on 1B before touching the bag to get the batter out.  If that happened, chances are Bailey gets a lucky but clean inning. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I agree it was smart to be worried about Bailey pitching in the 7th, but I disagree it was inevitable he would tie the game.  As I recall, the Sox would have had a double play early in the inning when Pedroia knocked down the line drive and threw to Napoli at 1B.  Problem was, the ex-catcher didn't know you tag the runner already on 1B before touching the bag to get the batter out.  If that happened, chances are Bailey gets a lucky but clean inning. 

Max, I think the bet was made later, after the Tigers had the bases loaded and nobody out in the 8th or just before that. It wasn't made right when Bailey entered the game, though on the game chat room we were in, I did say that Bailey was going to blow it IMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

I only bet on sure things. When Bailey came into the game and allowed two of the three batters he faced in the 8th inning to reach I KNEW it was over. So did everyone else, though they didn't want to admit it.

[/QUOTE]

Of course you also predicted a Red Sox loss before the game even started because of the Verlander-Doubrant mismatch, and as it turned out that had nothing to do with it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course you also predicted a Red Sox loss before the game even started because of the Verlander-Doubrant mismatch, and as it turned out that had nothing to do with it.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hit the nail on the head with that one, didn't I. Never claimed to be right all the time, but I will say this: when Verlander is pitching against Doubront, I will take Verlander every time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well, I'm betting we don't lose today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Well, I'm betting we don't lose today.

I'm betting the Red Sox don't win or lose today.  How do you like dem odds?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not completely true, Halifax.  It's definitely true that the Sox did get to Verlander, but with Doubront only going five innings, the Red Sox bullpen was extended far enough to expose its vulnerabilities.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

If pumpsie is going to be 100% negative towards the team then he needs to be made-fun of.

Make fun of me all you want. I am tough. I can take it. That said, its not true that I am "100% negative". If the FO plays their card right I think that there is a good chance we can make a run at a ring in 2015. There are many good pitching prospect in our minor league system and while all of them will not work out, some will. And if the commit to rebuilding, as they must, and trade for more young arms then those odds increase. For this year I am not so optimistic for reasons I have stated elsewhere. While the current team is not going to compete for a ring, in a couple of years we should have a very good team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'll take that as a compliment.  Coming from the Bronx, and coming from a somewhat different backround, I've gained a lot of insight into the human psyche.  And Pumpsie willingness to engage others in a wager, but his fear of me, puts me at the top of the foodchain.

[/QUOTE]

you know who to come to to bet with...Cool

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts