Put a Fork in this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Put a Fork in this team

wow - eleven games in and were done?????

im not happy with musical chars lineups based on lefty-righty matchups...I want the starters to start big games against top pitchers (plenty of time to rest them against sub par lefties as the season heats up) but if the hitters are not hitting and the pitchers are putrid, it doesnt really matter who is doing what and where-

this is a team failure and I expect it to be turned around (if we can beat the yanks, we can beat anyone) by Mid May.

If not, then we may need a new manager...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lxcellent. Show lxcellent's posts

In Response to Put a Fork in this team:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps the biggest bust in the history of baseball, this team has no shot of doing anything. Lackey tomorrow. At the trade deadline, Ortiz, Drew and Papelbon will all be gone.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Completely agree.  Everyone likes to say "too early," but you cannot say that.  When you start this bad, your confidence drops and things snowball.  Pressing leads to more pressing and everything falls apart.  If this happened in the middle of season, it would not be a big deal because it WOULDN'T be a big deal.  However, when this happens in the beginning of the season, it IS a big deal.  This is a new team without the collective history that allows them to say "it's okay, we've gone through tough times before and all will be okay."  They can't say that because this team does not have the history to fall back on.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

No worries, I'm sure they'll go on another 1 game winning streak any day now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjkoko. Show jjkoko's posts

How about bringing up Linares. Does anyone know how he's doing in triple A.The guy bats righty, doesn't he? Centerfielder has been a disater at the plate and nothing special in the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

In Response to Re: Put a Fork in this team:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put a Fork in this team : Go Giants!
    Posted by yankeeforlife[/QUOTE]

Great avatar pic, btw!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxman100. Show Soxman100's posts

If the sox start a run in which they go 23-10 (roughly .700 ball) that would put them at 25-19 with 118 games to play then to get to 95 wins we only need to play at  .593 Clip the rest of the way.  My point is Ted Williams didn’t get 4.06 hits per 10 at bats, sometimes he got 2 sometimes he got 7 but by the end of the year that was the accumulated total of a season of streaks and slumps. We are just starting off with the latter and I bet after we finally break out of this slump there will be another one down the road somewhere (hopefully not quite this bad).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NAVYMUSTANG. Show NAVYMUSTANG's posts

The Colorado Rockies have made a habit of starting slow, 10-15 games below .500 at the break only to charge back and make the playoffs.  People pay too much attention to numbers, tell me what side of an argument you want me to come down on and I'll give you numbers to support.  No team ever came back from an 0-3 LCS deficit before the Sox did.  They're the Sox, it will NEVER be easy, never accomplished without tearing our hearts out before giving us the ultimate prize.
    Deep breaths, who really has Youk batting below .200 for the season?  Crawford is pressing, he'll come around.  Lowrie needs to replace Scutaro, he had some pop and hit for avg in the latter half of last year.  A new pitching coach who needs to COACH Lackey that pitching inside is authorized.  Everything he's thrown in 2 starts has been on the outer half of the zone.  No answers for Dice K other than he's a failed experiment.  Come in off the ledge, shut off the car and open the garage door, the Sox will be fine but it won't be a quick fix.  They WILL hit and WILL pitch.  We went 0-6 against the two teams with the best record in baseball, 2 of 3 from the evil ones took the sting out.  One day at a time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Thanks for your gutsy analysis. You really stuck your neck out on this one for us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from youngparisians. Show youngparisians's posts

Mazz makes a good point in his column today - regardless of how the Red Sox try to right this ship, there is little flexibility in terms of adding or subtracting pieces between now and the trade deadline. Ellsbury is really the only piece that will bring you back any kind of return.

The rest have:
    - High contracts (Cameron, Dice-K, etc.)
    - Little value based on skill/numbers (Scutaro, Salty, Wake, bullpen, etc.)
    - Little value based on pending free agency (Papelbon, Drew, Ortiz)
    - Here to stay (Pedroia, Youk, AGon, pitchers, etc.)

With immovable pieces, you'd have to DFA someone which only adds to the payroll and magnifies the problem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put a Fork in this team : ITS APRIL !!!   CHILL OUT
    Posted by YankeeBill[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bill! I couldn't have said it any better myself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankeeforlife. Show yankeeforlife's posts

[QUOTE]At least we have football to look forward too...oh wait a minute.
    Posted by GoBlazers1[/QUOTE]

Go Giants!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Ughh!!  You're gonna be quoted on this one later on this summer. It's no fun right now,  but take a breath before breaking out the poison pen...  or keyboard in this instance. We are all frustrated right now,  but no more than the 25 guys in the dugout. They will hit...  count on it. 
    Posted by mustangbullitbri[/QUOTE]

I hope I'm wrong, but there are too many pieces that are broke and they can't be corrected now unless you dump guys (DiceK, Wakefield, Scutaro) that you can and bring up other pieces. Release Wakefield, put DiceK on the DL and do something with Scutaro.

The ONLY spark that could help this team would be to bring up someone with energy...Inglesias.

The rotation that the Red Sox have with Lackey and DiceK won't allow this team to put together any type of streak.  They currently have 6, count them 6 pitchers on the team with ERA's over 12.

They have batters like Crawford and Ellsbury that are lost, and their catching position is quite possibly the worst in baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

yea,2 and 9 to start in the al east gets you shot out.so much money put into this team and they lay eggs,one thing they need ti find a spot for lowrie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Best.

(last place)

Team.

EVAH!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TO ADG...I LOVE YOUR POST...IT'S SO ACCURATE. A LOT OF GUYS
    AND GALS AGREE ALSO.. THERE IS BASICALLY TOO MUCH DEAD
    WOOD ON THIS TEAM THAT HAS BEEN HANGING AROUND FOR
    SEVERAL SEASONS AND IT IS NOW SINKING THE TEAM. SALTY
    IS A TRIPLE A PLAYER. WHY MANAGEMENT LIKED HIM IS A REAL
    ENIGMA. HE STINKS .FLAT OUT. VARITEK IS TOO OLD ALSO..
    SO WE HAVE NO CATCHER...A KEY POSITION , AND NO BAT
    THERE. SCUTARO, WAKE, DREW, CAMERON , DICE , LACKEY...
    SHOULD ALL BE GONE. I LIKE JENKS AND ACEVES AND DOU-
    BRONT. BUT WE JUST HAVE NO REAL POWER ON THIS TEAM,
    AND ONCE WE FALL BEHIND, IT'S OVER. WE ARE BASICALLY A
    THIRD PLACE TEAM...AND THAT'S BEING OPTIMISTIC !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's hitting .200 for $2M less a year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeroyBrownn. Show LeroyBrownn's posts

Put a fork in THEE-ZERO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm pretty much thinking the team will recover, and probably finish over .500, but this is certainly not a playoff caliber team, and this stretch right here will forever haunt them late in the season when they absolutely must make ground.
    Once again my fears v lefties came to fruition as Tito had to go with righties over Ellsbury, Drew and Ortiz because of their failings v. lefties. It's a top heavy lefty lineup and one badly drawn up in the war room for Sox. Carl Crawford is doing exactly what we pretty knew he was capable of doing--underachieve. Right now, it's time to package a deal, one that should involve removal of a starting pitcher with David Ortiz and Marco Scutaro to get something back to jumpstart this squad. The team has no sense of urgency...sad

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

ADG, this is a great time to switch it up and root for a club that isn't a bunch of bums.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]Ughh!!  You're gonna be quoted on this one later on this summer. It's no fun right now,  but take a breath before breaking out the poison pen...  or keyboard in this instance. We are all frustrated right now,  but no more than the 25 guys in the dugout. They will hit...  count on it. 
    Posted by mustangbullitbri[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Why trade Ortiz? He's been hitting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Who wants those guys, no one. We are stuck with them Drew is gone at the end of the season, so is Ortiz, and Varitek. Maybe they get more righthanded next year. We are not playing to our strengths and using the wall. Jason Werth was a better fit than Crawford was. 

n Response to Re: Put a Fork in this team:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty much thinking the team will recover, and probably finish over .500, but this is certainly not a playoff caliber team, and this stretch right here will forever haunt them late in the season when they absolutely must make ground. Once again my fears v lefties came to fruition as Tito had to go with righties over Ellsbury, Drew and Ortiz because of their failings v. lefties. It's a top heavy lefty lineup and one badly drawn up in the war room for Sox. Carl Crawford is doing exactly what we pretty knew he was capable of doing--underachieve. Right now, it's time to package a deal, one that should involve removal of a starting pitcher with David Ortiz and Marco Scutaro to get something back to jumpstart this squad. The team has no sense of urgency...sad
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put a Fork in this team : I hope I'm wrong, but there are too many pieces that are broke and they can't be corrected now unless you dump guys (DiceK, Wakefield, Scutaro) that you can and bring up other pieces. Release Wakefield, put DiceK on the DL and do something with Scutaro. The ONLY spark that could help this team would be to bring up someone with energy...Inglesias. The rotation that the Red Sox have with Lackey and DiceK won't allow this team to put together any type of streak.  They currently have 6, count them 6 pitchers on the team with ERA's over 12. They have batters like Crawford and Ellsbury that are lost, and their catching position is quite possibly the worst in baseball.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Hmmm, interesting.... Okay first off didnt scutaro get the bases loaded double against the yankees to make the game 3-0 instead of 1-0? If he didn't get that hit the Bronx Bombers probably would've came back.... Second I have no clue who this inglesias guy is your talking about but we do have this star SS that will be ready in a year or two. His name is Jose Iglesia. And you are aware that out of those 6 pitchers on the team with 6 era+. One has 3.2 innings pitched, another has 1.1 innings pitched, and another one has 3.2 innings. OHH MANNN BIG DEAL!!! thats going to calm down over time... just calm down, take a deep breathe, and step back from the ledge because its going to be a long season. The season might have its up and downs but in the end we will be in the play off race.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

Theo needs to blow up this team and go on the run in his gorilla suit. Maybe he can still save his career and get a job in the Pirates front office.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benamn. Show Benamn's posts

I can't believe so many sox fans are giving up already

Sections
Shortcuts