Put Aviles on Waivers and Trade him Now!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Put Aviles on Waivers and Trade him Now!!!!!

Just like Nava was hitting. Look at him now. Why give up Aviles and only have one capable SS lol.

Your threads are amusing in a not so good kind of way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Crazy rants of a mad man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Put Aviles on Waivers and Trade him Now!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Perfect time! Ciriaco should be the starting SS, for InEpstein's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Ciriaco type guys are so valuable to a club whether starting or coming off the bench.  The Pirates were really high on Pedro but he struggled in the minors.  I say this all the time and have loved this guy since ST.  Some guys play better at the big league level because its their ultimate career goal and means much more.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Hopefully this is not Softy's attempt to land Hanley again.

But assuming Softy's past that brilliant move, I agree.  There really isn't room form Ciriaco, Punto, and Aviles.

Though it obviously makes more sense to trade Punto, if someone will take him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

A package of Aviles, Shoppach, one of the numerous extra outfielders the Sox rotated through the first half of the year, a pen arm, and maybe a 2nd tier prospect could have gotten them a capable pitcher...which only one of their "star" starters is in Buccholz. Aviles would have been a sell high guy, and there isn't room for him Ciriaco and Punto. Shoppach is a very capable backup C who is able to be moved because of Lavarnway. The Sox have shown that they have a good number of capable outfielders, but have no room for them. And with all the young talent on the way, there's really going to be no room for those AAAA type players. And I would have said that Anderson would have been the perfect guy to fill that extra prospect spot. He's someone you're not going to get much for on his own, but he could be a valuable add in for a package of players.

All that being said, I doubt that Shoppach and Aviles would both make it through waivers. At least one, if not both would wind up being claimed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Put Aviles on Waivers and Trade him Now!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Why give up Aviles and only have one capable SS lol. Ciriaco and Iglesias are capable SS, and Punto is already on the books for 2 years and has no trade value. It won't be long before the Red Sox won't be able to give away Aviles. At that point, all members of this Board will pretend they wanted him traded earlier.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]Another  B I N G O   !!!    And get rid of Punto, too !!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Iglesias should be the SS, and Aviles the utility man. Ciriaco is a good utility player, but in 2 years will we all be asking the question, who was that player the Sox brought up in 2012, remember he did well for a while then faded into obscurity. Baseball history is filled with those kind of player's.Iglesias would get to balls  that neither Aviles or Ciriaco can;t and don't get to, thus saving our pitcher's longer innings, and certainly helping out on their pitch counts. But for some reason the Sox seem to think that offense is more important at SS then defense. Thinking in reverse.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]All that being said, I doubt that Shoppach and Aviles would both make it through waivers. At least one, if not both would wind up being claimed That's the point of putting Aviles on waivers. To get a team to claim him, then try and work out a trade. If no one claims him, which they will, that almost guarantees no team will offer a bag of bones for him. Aviles already has options, so having him clear waivers isn't necessary to send him to the minors. Ciriaco can get to balls that most MLB can't get to. You are wrong on that.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]BINGO  !!!!!  SOFTY, YOUR THE MAN !!!!! Should be the next G M of the/our Red $ox   $$$$$$$$$$$

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

[QUOTE]All that being said, I doubt that Shoppach and Aviles would both make it through waivers. At least one, if not both would wind up being claimed That's the point of putting Aviles on waivers. To get a team to claim him, then try and work out a trade. If no one claims him, which they will, that almost guarantees no team will offer a bag of bones for him. Aviles already has options, so having him clear waivers isn't necessary to send him to the minors. Ciriaco can get to balls that most MLB can't get to. You are wrong on that.

What I was saying was that you would have been able to get something tangible for that package before the deadline. Sure you can get a team to claim one of them, but none of those guys, on their own, is going to bring back anything more valuable than they already are...but all are expendable pieces that could have been combined to bring back a valuable addition to the team for at least the rest of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Just like Nava was hitting. Look at him now. Why give up Aviles and only have one capable SS lol. Your threads are amusing in a not so good kind of way.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Aviles "like Salty" have back up numbers which is why both Lav and Ciriaco need to be given the same opportunity.  This team will never improve with low OB guys like this playing.  This isn't meant to bash Salty or Mike because they both play as hard as anyone, the overall talent just isn't there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

While Aviles will undoutedly go through waivers at some point this month, what is the rush here?

Frist of all, you are way overselling Ciriaco's defense, which, while an improvement over Aviles, is hardly elite.

Second, fans wanted to rush Youkilis out of town, too, ir oder to get more ABs more Middlebrooks.  Since the trade, Middlebrooks has a .270OBP and .685OPS.  Did anyone learn why there is never a need to rush depth from that?

Aviles might have been dealt on July 31, but he was injured. The only way he will get dealt in August is if he shows he is not. so you have to play him to get rid of him. This might actually be the goal with Aviles, who was never a long term solution for anything, and everyone knew that...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I like Ciriaco's energy, so I feel Aviles and Salty are different and their situations a bit different. But to be fair to Mikey, his numbers offensively are pretty good for a SS. I can see why Aviles gets the starts, but I do think Pedro has been a very clutch player in a short time here--you want guys like that playing fulltime.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put Aviles on Waivers and Trade him Now!!!!! : Aviles "like Salty" have back up numbers which is why both Lav and Ciriaco need to be given the same opportunity.  This team will never improve with low OB guys like this playing.  This isn't meant to bash Salty or Mike because they both play as hard as anyone, the overall talent just isn't there.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Be fair to Saltlamacchia, who has had some good OBP seasons in the past.  Aviles is a stopgap player, however...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put Aviles on Waivers and Trade him Now!!!!! : Be fair to Saltlamacchia, who has had some good OBP seasons in the past.  Aviles is a stopgap player, however...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

notin, 

Salty had one year with a 352 OBP in only 200 AB.  His only other year over 330 was in only 19 AB when it was 362.  When he has played more than 80 games, Salty's OBP is about 290 which is why he should be a back up catcher.  I am being fair by saying he plays as hard as anyone but the overall talent is not worthy of a starting catcher.

Ofensively or defensively!

If one needs further proof he also has only 124 BB compared to 463 SO, so far in his career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Put Aviles on Waivers and Trade him Now!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Perfect time! Ciriaco should be the starting SS, for InEpstein's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The big doghouse is apparently bigger

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's 5 of 11; trade him while his value is highest!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Second, fans wanted to rush Youkilis out of town, too, ir oder to get more ABs more Middlebrooks.  Since the trade, Middlebrooks has a .270OBP and .685OPS.  Did anyone learn why there is never a need to rush depth from that?

I blame fantasy BB.  and ADD.  And the school system.

People get frustrated, so they want to do something.  This doesn't change a whole, and it isn't really recent.  They should've played Youk everyday.  If he got injured again, bring in Brooks.  If he doesn't get injured, he figured to have an OPS > .800.  I offered to bet anyone that Youk would have a better OPS the rest of the way.

It really isn't rocket science.  Youk always has an OPS > .800.  From 2008-2010, it was > .950 each year.  Even in 2011, it was about .900 until he got hurt.  Thinking that a rookie with a rough K rate was going to out-produce him was a fantasy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

What happened to the idea of having a deep bench. Why trade one of them when we can keep both of them - Avilles and Ciriaco?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]What happened to the idea of having a deep bench. Why trade one of them when we can keep both of them - Avilles and Ciriaco?
    Posted by Fenwayjimy[/QUOTE]

Thats how I feel, as with Youk and Middy, or possibly Salty and Lav.  The key is to get the best possible production on an every day basis.  I don't dislike Salty or Aviles but neither are every day contributers.  Look at Salty again today with runners OB.  Today was a perfect example of what we need out of others to carry this type of bat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not opposed to the trade as long as softy and his Billy don't think we are getting anything in return that will do us much good this season...

Sections
Shortcuts