Put Betts in CF and, LEAVE HIM THERE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Put Betts in CF and, LEAVE HIM THERE

Stop the excess platooning. This kid has nothing-NOTHING-left to prove. Lost behind the circus catch he made Friday (which needed a little luck to go along with the high skill), is the late base hit he gets to lead off the inning, move up on a mis-hit bunt, then score on a ground ball single to center for what turned out to be the winning run. He's the star of the game, so he sits out the next night. That's managing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Put Betts in CF and, LEAVE HIM THERE

Should be in the minors.  Already have Cespedes, JBJ, Craig and Nava, while Betts has only a .660 OPS and a 5/1 K/W.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

JBJ deserves a longer look. He's GG caliber in CF on defense and has begun to turn around his offense.

Betts should play everyday in AAA (until Sept 1st) and gain an extra year of team control during his prime years.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

bosoxmal-I agreee wholeheartedly---my money's on Betts playing everyday. He's a confident kid, faster than JBJ--he's a born leadoff guy with Holt or Pedroia batting in the two hole and somebody that knows how to drive runners in in the 3 hole. In addition I would move Cespy to CF and keep Craig, when healthy, in LF and Betts in RF. No more of this platooning Nava--that experiment is over. Maybe Nava is a PH. My suggestion when you send JBJ to AAA bring up Corey Brown with his 15 HR bat and .225 BA. We need a threat off the bench.

Perhaps JF finally is coming around to the fact that what JBJ has is a comfort level in CF and a great arm--he said in a WEEI article today--JBJ has a hole in his swing along with no hits in many AB's.

What the kid needs is a month at AAA to find his swing to work on nothing but his swing in the batting cage everyday. If you watch him he's trying to pull the ball--he needs to be hitting line drives over short, taking the outside pitch down the 3 B line. That comes with "see the ball, follow the ball, hit the ball." Basic 101 hitting.

Most good teams with good advance scouting know JBJ opened up his stance-it worked for a while. The scouts come up with the way to equalize and get a rookie out. So the scout figures out how to get JBJ out.: rally killer, confidence killer.

The scouts know most of the Sox hitters take strike 1--not a big mystery--so throw strike 1 get ahead in the count. I'm sure kids grow up with coaches telling them "make the pitcher throw a strike." Good philosophy but sometimes you  have to throw the opposition off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBJ deserves a longer look. He's GG caliber in CF on defense and has begun to turn around his offense.

Betts should play everyday in AAA (until Sept 1st) and gain an extra year of team control during his prime years.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Moon I'll say JBJ deserves a longer look but his D is certainly not turning around his hitting, he's 3-31 in his last 9 gms.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think the guy getting too much playing time is Nava - he's not going to be back next year. 

Defense.  It is still important.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I agree with Joe and Moon who have called for Betts to go back down until Sept. call ups. He's log jammed now, and the new additions need to play. I'm still not sold on JBJ's ability to hit, but it's getting too late to send him down anyway. Keeping Betts at AAA for now is the smart move for many reasons. He'll be gone by Friday I predict, even with Shane going on DL. 

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

JBJ has played 137 major league games. He has hit .214 (.221 this year). He has walked 39 times and fanned 130 times. Want to compare sample sizes with Betts?

By the way, in 80 games at Pautucket, Bradley hit .275. Please, be my guest, compare all his Puwtucket stats with Bett's stats there. (Betts hit .321 in Pawtucket, with one HR every 7 games)

Stop the "let;s give him until"--- nonsense; Bradley has already been given the time ---plus.