Putting together the 2012 Red Sox Roster: Let's help Ben Cherington!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Putting together the 2012 Red Sox Roster: Let's help Ben Cherington!

In Response to Re: Putting together the 2012 Red Sox Roster: Let's help Ben Cherington!:
    In Response to Re: Putting together the 2012 Red Sox Roster: Let's help Ben Cherington! : Another old man acting like a ten year old using schoolyard childish nicknames to voice his displeasure with certain players. Didn't Babe, Yazzer, and Andrew wear out this juvenile tactic. Barracks humor. Some people never grow up.
    Posted by UticaClub

Well Utica, putting barracks humor aside as you put it, I notice you didn't disagree with any of my choices for the bone yard.  Let me add Drew to that group and I dare you to defend any of those aforementioned as being worthy of being on next year's team.  You just aren't that dumb.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Putting together the 2012 Red Sox Roster: Let's help Ben Cherington!:
    In Response to Re: Putting together the 2012 Red Sox Roster: Let's help Ben Cherington! : No, he just goes back and changes them. He carries his banning like a badge. Yet, when some of my posts were erased from his infamous "AGon will be a FA after 2011" post (that was his oh for 113 position: he's up to oh for 228 now) , he got all over me for daring to offend the mods.
    Posted by moonslav59

Yes. That's just what he does. He has the scruples of a jackal.
    He'll lie or cheat or alter do just about anything to cover himself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

In fact, it is you who will use board shill status to lie, cheat and smear without being subject to Board rules against personal attacks. 

Jealousy and embarrassing "100% WRONg statements about AGon", to name one of scores, is what drives your stalking police routine.

Few are as dim witted as you and fellow stooge, MO, who claims he has me on ignore.

You read every comment I make for a reason, but you frequently do not bother to read the comments I respond to which results in your constant harrassment of completely disjointed attack rhetoric.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Hank Williams:

It's Kaw-liga by Hank Sr.
    Kaw- [dm] liga, was a wooden indian standing by the door
    He fell in love with an indian maid over in the antique store
    Kaw-liga - a, just stood there and never let it [a7] show
    So she could never answer yes or [dm] no.

He always wore his sunday feathers and held a tomahawk
    The maiden wore her beads and braids and hoped someday hed talk
    Kaw-liga - a, too stubborn to ever show a sign
    Because his heart was made of knotty pine.

Chorus
    [d] poor ol kaw-liga, he never got a kiss
    [g] poor ol kaw-liga, he dont know what he missed
    [d] is it any wonder that his face is [a7] red
    Kaw-liga, that poor ol wooden [d] head. ... [dm]

Kaw-loga, was a lonely indian never went nowhere
    His heart was set on the indian maiden with the coal black hair
    Kaw-liga - a, just stood there and never let it show
    So she could never answer yes or no.

Then one day a wealthy customer bought the indian maid
    And took her, oh, so far away, but ol kaw-liga stayed
    Kaw-liga - a, just stands there as lonely as can be
    And wishes he was still an old pine tree.

Chorus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In fact, it is you who will use board shill status to lie, cheat and smear without being subject to Board rules against personal attacks.   Jealousy and embarrassing "100% WRONg statements about AGon", to name one of scores, is what drives your stalking police routine. Few are as dim witted as you and fellow stooge, MO, who claims he has me on ignore. You read every comment I makefor a reason, but you frequently do not bother to read the comments I respond to which results in your constant harrassment of completely disjointed attack rhetoric.
    Posted by hankwilliams

Gee. I hate to bust UR bubble, but I don't read most of UR repetitive garbage anymore. I used to a few years back, but not now.

Disjointed rhetoric perfectly describes UR Wake bashing on non-wake threads this year. That alone is grounds for two shrinks in a rubber room.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Sure, luny tune, Moonslow, too, claims to ignore me only to go postal over any comment I make that is not homey propaganda.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Harnut, spending nearly every post injecting the great 40 year old loser Varitek. No doubt, little will be heard from you once your wet dream is kicked to the curb. Varitek is not likely to be offered a Red Sox MLB player contract. 

But beg away, and get on your knees with Varitek. Luchino has most likely to decided to put an end to Epstein country clubhouse mess, with no more frat contracts for 40 year old Varitek and 65 year old Wakefield.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Wrong. The attacks were initiated by you, as you constantly are stalking my every post and launching invective filled tirades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Riiiiiiiight. I didn't even post when you and Moon were discussing said subject matter. Children can't be held accountable for their actions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

harnass pretends to be the board authority, stalking it constantly and violating every Board rule with no fear. Only an imbedded shill could do that, which is exactly what the dim wit is. 

Boomer is harnass latest stalking bully attempt. You will find posters who clash, from time to time, but you will only find two posters who post on here night and day and bully away with what amounts to a stalking propaganda routine. One claims to put offensive posters on ignore, but reads every word and uses invective when the viewpoint is critical of any pet partisan issue advanced by these two imbedded shills.

Moonslow is a one trick propaganda machine: Wakefield and Varitek

Harnass is a one trick propaganda machine: Wakefield and Varitek and more Varitek and more Varitek and more Varitek and more Varitek and more Varitek

it isn't enough for them to cut and paste stat snipets and advance team records when these two old bums play, they have to stalk every poster who simply states that the Wakefield and Varitek show needs to leave town. And no matter how much data is advanced that shows these old bums do not perform even marginally well enough to earn a roster spot, only their dats is the authority.

These are the same two piles and Epstein homeys who, until it was announced that Epstein was gone, claimed Epstein wasn't going anywhere. Both completely ignored the fact that Epstein exhausted almost a half a billion dollars and has zero playoff wins and one playoff appearance to show for it. The old washed up veterans and lazy players frat house that cost Tito his job is all part of what Epstein constructed. Many on this Board knew that Epstein was a disaster that needed to go, but these two shills spent their entire time lobbying for the value of Wakefield and Varitek on the active roster. Not so much as a word that Epstein needed to be discarded.

If you want disagree, let us do so. But do not allow this Board to be bullied by two homeys who make TAS look like Common Sense. 

When I first came to this Board, these two imbedded shills were two of the few posters on it. It was a dead ghosttown. Burrito and Boomer may remember. Dissent and controversy is a necessary part of a free press. While this board does not have to abide by a free press policy, it is only those who ignore viewpoint censorship attempts who make this Board worth reading at all. To the end that Youk, Burrito and Boomer, et al are bullied and censored by this site, it will be a worthless site and will return to a ghosttown. 

Decide for yourselves, but Moonslav and Harness are nothing more than stalking police cyber bullies, pretending to be some authority. The ignore key is what these two stalkers need to use, instead of pretending to be the authoratative voice of reason.

I encourage all posters to criticize Wakefield and Varitek and Ortiz and Lackey and Beckett and Crawford and any other player or manager or owner, regardless of who agrees or disagress. For if you do not, I will spend all my time on other boards and forums. And for those who would like to see that and find humor in that, my blogger reputation is one that would be welcomed by any site Red Sox fan site looking for the non-PC commentary and opinion. 

Fans are meant to be critics, not just cheerleaders. If you want cheerleaders or fraternity blind loyalty, why bother to experess opinions and comments to start with. Any fan who is a harsh critic is not any less a fan than a homey. In fact, MLB is a business where there aren't enough fans who are truly harsh critics who are not satisfied without quality performance and player and management accountability.

I close by saying that, since inception, I have 100% confidence in Larry Luchino and John Henry, the best Red Sox leadership team in modern history. Nothing about the correct way they are demanding accountability from management and players has changed my opinion one iota during the debacle of the last 3 seasons. They will make the adjustments, as they have before, and they will not tolerate freeloaders and slackards and those coasting along with complacency based upon prior deeds.

I am not on board with inside middle management promotion, but I have confidence in ownership and will allow whoever is selected the opportunity to prove himself before I reach any conclusions. I was not a big critic of Tito, but I was critical of certain aspects of what he did over the years. I was not for firing him at year end, but realized that he was correct that he had lost the respect needed to continue in his capacity. I always maintained he was a very good overall manager, and I am not happy with the way he was treated by players and management and the conditions that lead to his necessary departure. But at no time did I have a problem with Tito's most acerbic critics. I disagreed a lot of the time, but I agreed some of the time and it is necessary to have unfettered criticism channels open at all times. Time will fade from memory the ugliness of Tito's departure and leave a terrific legacy as the best Red Sox manager in modern history. Tito should be and I am sure is proud and secure in his great works for the Red Sox. And for that, I say thank you from a softly reflecting admirer and long time Red Sox fan since 1967.

The general infrastructure is still very strong, 2011 year debacle nothwithstanding. The leadership is still strong in the form of Luchino and Henry, and they will provide the new leadership management necessary to discipline a very immature group of players who need turn to new player leadership and rededicate themselves to what it means to be true team competitors and put forth the best effort to embody the spirit of the integrity of the competition that is the great American game of baseball. Respect for the integrity of the competition was not present in management and player performance over the last three years. Championships cannot be bought, they must be earned by a full roster of team players who are capable and committed to professionalism and posess a love for playing the game. Luchino and Henry will select the new leadership necessary to restore that mission.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Theo Chicks were insisting Epstein wasn't going anywhere?

Wouldn't that require Theo to have a spine or a conscience? Harness is the new Theo Chick crybaby who spends 20 hours a day on this board whining to Dottie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

As for the subject of clutch hitting..... isn't it odd that the same players manager to knock in 100 runs, regardless of what team they're playing for? It means their sphincters don't pucker when men are on base. They hit and drive those people in. Of course, the bloodless, souless stat geeks will tell us RBIs are an accident. Again, why do the same people knock in 100 runs year after year? Just luck, right?
    Posted by GhostofTito

You say this alot no matter what name you are using at the time.

But I'm going to call you out on it.  I'd like some names of players who repeatedly change teams and continually knock in 100 runs.  More than 2 teams, please. 

I'm not saying no one has done it.  THere are 3 active players who have knocked in 100 or more runs in a year with 3 different teams.  Alex Rodriguez, Vlad Guerrero, and Bobby Abreu.  There are a lot who have done it on 2 teams, and some of them have even played for 3 teams.  Matt Holliday, for example, is undoutedly the type of hitter you are talking about.  But in Oakland, Holliday was nowhere near a 100RBI pace, drving in 54 in 93 games.

Most of the "bloodless, souless" stat geeks at least appreciate the Halloween imagery.   But you still owe me some names of players who go from team to team driving in 100RBI...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

RBIs do not equate to clutch anyways.

Even if it was, I'd take a 90 RBIs guy with no high OBP guys in front of him or protection behind him over a 100 RBI guy on a juggernaut offensive team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Theo Chicks were insisting Epstein wasn't going anywhere? Wouldn't that require Theo to have a spine or a conscience? Harness is the new Theo Chick crybaby who spends 20 hours a day on this board whining to Dottie.
    Posted by OurMan

Harness is a troll who has no life and knows nothing about baseball. He thinks  he rules this board and anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion is an idiot. Hopefully he gets banned soon or just goes away. Good to see that there are lots of others who are on to him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

You just made my point, so what are you talking about?
    Joe Carter, Padres, Indians and Jays, Lee May did it with three teams, Reggie jackson, did it with three teams. Actually there have been 11 guys in MLB history who did it with three teams.tons of guys with two teams,
    Jose Canseco did it, Juan Gonzalez did it, Mark McGwire did it, Tony Perez did it, Manny, Jason Bay and on and on.
    Same guys knocking in 100 runs with different teams. Funny how lucky all these players were, huh?
    Only stat geeks buy that pile of dung.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

You just made my point, so what are you talking about? Joe Carter, Padres, Indians and Jays, Lee May did it with three teams, Reggie jackson, did it with three teams. Actually there have been 11 guys in MLB history who did it with three teams.tons of guys with two teams, Jose Canseco did it, Juan Gonzalez did it, Mark McGwire did it, Tony Perez did it, Manny, Jason Bay and on and on. Same guys knocking in 100 runs with different teams. Funny how lucky all these players were, huh? Only stat geeks buy that pile of dung.
    Posted by GhostofTito

And Joe Carter didn't benefit from hitting behind Tony Gwynn and Roberto Alomar, who were both Hall of Famers? In 1990, Carter was a horrifc hitter with a .681 OPS and drove in 115 runs?  How? HE CAME UP WITH 542 RUNNERS ON BASE!!!  hiting behind Alomar and Gwynn will do that.  Most middle order hitters drive in about 15-17% of the men.  That year, Carter drove in 16.7%.   Right in the normal range for a guy batting 3 thru 5. 

Two teams is nothing.  But you implied guys could go from team to team to team and drive in 100 runs anywhere.  Between us, we named 6 guys spanning almost 50 years.  3 of those 6 are in the Hall of Fame or will be.  The guys in the "two team" club?  not only not as impressive, but alot of them (Canseco, Gonzalez, Bay, Perez) played for more than 2 teams.  Canseco played for like 7 or 8.  Perez played for 5.  Obviously, Perez played on a couple after 40, so he wan't as likely.  But Canseco played on how many teams between Oakland and Toronto.  He really doesn't support your argument at all...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Harness is the new Theo Chick crybaby who spends 20 hours a day on this board whining to Dottie.                                  

Harazz and Moonslow are imbedded Board shills.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Putting together the 2012 Red Sox Roster: Let's help Ben Cherington! : Harness is a troll who has no life and knows nothing about baseball. He thinks  he rules this board and anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion is an idiot. Hopefully he gets banned soon or just goes away. Good to see that there are lots of others who are on to him.
    Posted by kjfiton

Such knowledge for being on this board for 8 days.
    Who were you before your last ban?

I'm rather proud to have perpetually banned children as detractors. If it went beyond the likes of Law and Softlaw, I'd be concerned.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

harnass, calling another poster a "moron" is a violation of BDCs posting policy.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

UR reading comprehension is as poor as your copyright infringement activity.
    Softone is the poster who made that reference, genius.

Policy violation is earmarked by the first word of UR post. Your obsession is no excuse for being unwilling to distinguish the difference between policy and copyright laws.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Typical. You have as much originality as a copy band. Explains why you seek out  hack writing articles.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Ooooohhhh look at me everybody!
    Did you hear what WEEI said about...
    Did you hear what he said about...
    Did you hear what she said about...

Ooooohhhh, look at me!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes, please tell me all about copyright laws, little miss gossip.

Tell me how I never discuss baseball...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

C-Salty
    1B-Gonzo
    2B-Pedey
    3B-Headley (via Bard)
    SS-Scutaro
    LF-CC
    CF-Ells
    RF-Beltran
    DH-Rotation

Bench-Lavarnway, Aviles, Reddick, Anderson

SP-Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Floyd (via Youk), Lackey
    RP-Paps, Aceves, Jenks, Wheeler, Tazawa, Morales, Bowden

At DH, against righties, Beltran (w/Reddck in RF), and against lefties, it's Lavarnway (with Beltran in RF).  Preserves Beltran's health.  If we went this route, I'd consider an upgrade in the BP, or another lefty in particular.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teachdad46. Show teachdad46's posts

My biggest problem after 50+ years of now fading fandom is that I simply can't get myself to care much about what this team puts on the field next year.  They have sucked the life out of me at last.  Here are the players I'd pay to to watch: Pedey; Ellsbury; Papelbon (the newer, mature version); Lester (he finally takes on a leadership role and gets crucified for it in the press); Bucholz; The Player Formally Known As Carl Crawford (if he is still alive); Aceves; um...let's see...uh...hmm.... damn...

Of the above, the only one I really care about is Pedey. Isn't that sad?

I'm wondering how things go if we package all the veteran sports writers from the two daily rags and send them off to Chicago with Theo, and then import a new set of eyes and ears from say...San Diego, Salt Lake City, Sacramento...a bunch of younger and less cynical eyes and ears who might write more about baseball and less about pointed fingers...

Thanks for listening...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I understand. This was the 1st year ever in my life I felt almost indifferent, it got that way in September.  I nearly put down my hat, nearly. Some of my feelings came from a similar vein as your above ire.

Sections
Shortcuts