question about Salty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

question about Salty

Considering the great start by RS pitching how much has Salty had in this start y the pitchers?

We always gave Tek a lot of credit so did all the lessons from Tek and now Ross rub off? Or is this one of those things that it is all on the pitchers and Farrell and the PC and Salty is just the guy catching the ball?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: question about Salty

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Considering the great start by RS pitching how much has Salty had in this start y the pitchers?

We always gave Tek a lot of credit so did all the lessons from Tek and now Ross rub off? Or is this one of those things that it is all on the pitchers and Farrell and the PC and Salty is just the guy catching the ball?

well yesterday in particular, it didn't matter who was calling the shots. Buch was dealing and had EVERYTHING working. Catchers get better with experience. Salty now has a ton of it and it's shown. what an improvement he's made since coming to boston. Stand-up guy too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yesterday was more about Buch's stuff and salty maintaining a good pace and knowing what pitch to call. They seemed to be in sync all game because Buch barely shook Salty off.

Thats part of the intangibles that stats cant measure. Knowing the guy on the mound and being comfortable with eachother. Salty knew in the BP before the game it was going to be a special game the way Clay was throwing. Salty is vastly improved since coming to Boston. Im certainly a fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Probably very little, if you watch guys like Clay and Jon they pretty much shake off and call their own pitches if they feel its not right, especially Clay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Probably very little, if you watch guys like Clay and Jon they pretty much shake off and call their own pitches if they feel its not right, especially Clay.

Thats the point I made. Clay hardly shook off salty yesterday. they were very much in sync.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Thats the point I made. Clay hardly shook off salty yesterday. they were very much in sync.

Actually Clay was constantly shaking off Salty yesterday like he does with anyone who catches him.  Watch his next game closely

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Actually Clay was constantly shaking off Salty yesterday like he does with anyone who catches him.  Watch his next game closely

I did. I didnt notice it as much as he usually does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Regardless I think Farrell and Nieves get most of the credit for settling these guys.  I'm sure to some extent they also feel more comfortable with the fact Salty is blocking balls better but he has very little to do with any vets game calling.  It's more positioning, calming them and suggesting what to throw from Salty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i agree. they were on the same page yesterday. rarely got shook off. not like it would have mattered anyway, buch could have thrown anything salty called and he would have still came away with 10Ks. That's the best i've even seen Buch pitch. i'm still stunned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SALTY is not a good catcher, both at calling the game or certainly not throwing out runners......  The Rays are down 2 games, look for the Rays to try & Run today till the "cows come home"  !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

SALTY is not a good catcher, both at calling the game or certainly not throwing out runners......  The Rays are down 2 games, look for the Rays to try & Run today till the "cows come home"  !!!

He's better than Ryan Fisk.