Question for everyone about Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Question for everyone about Beckett

Lackey is obviously our biggest problem including #5/6 and 7 right through the pen that needs to be corrected.  My concern is also Beckett, It's obvious dating back to Victor he simply doesn't like anyone but Tek catching him.  How many of you feel this could be an issue if we choose not to bring Tek back?

Josh rarely pitches well with any other catcher.  So we address all our other issues, then Josh goes back into his panic mode next season if Tek is gone.  Should we try and package Josh for a guy like Felix H?  Or just let it play out and see what happens?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Re: Question for everyone about Beckett

Bring back Fisk to catch him, or just tell him to shut-up and pitch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Question for everyone about Beckett:
    [QUOTE]Lackey is obviously our biggest problem including #5/6 and 7 right through the pen that needs to be corrected.  My concern is also Beckett, It's obvious dating back to Victor he simply doesn't like anyone but Tek catching him.  How many of you feel this could be an issue if we choose not to bring Tek back? Josh rarely pitches well with any other catcher.  So we address all our other issues, then Josh goes back into his panic mode next season if Tek is gone.  Should we try and package Josh for a guy like Felix H?  Or just let it play out and see what happens?
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

No No No No NO
    Beckett is one of the positives this year as he was easily the best starter the sox had. But lets trade a proven big market pitcher thats a great idea, not

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

In Response to Question for everyone about Beckett:
    [QUOTE]Lackey is obviously our biggest problem including #5/6 and 7 right through the pen that needs to be corrected.  My concern is also Beckett, It's obvious dating back to Victor he simply doesn't like anyone but Tek catching him.  How many of you feel this could be an issue if we choose not to bring Tek back? Josh rarely pitches well with any other catcher.  So we address all our other issues, then Josh goes back into his panic mode next season if Tek is gone.  Should we try and package Josh for a guy like Felix H?  Or just let it play out and see what happens?
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Amazes me how the commentators and color guys have come out with their true opinions at the end.  Did you hear Remy and Orsillo last night talk about how "scouts" now openly report their belief that once Beckett gets to 90-95 pitches he's out of gas?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe Josh will be our next closer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

maybe josh should just lose some weight so that he doesnt look like i accidently pushed the widescreen button on my remote

as far as pitching without Tek Im sure he will manage to do just that to collect his 15 million or whatever ungodly sum he makes for not pitching well past 6 innings

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Beckett gets a free ride around here, second to only Buchholz. They both have each had one really good year, the rest is hyperbole.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

No youk Beckett has had 1 amazing year, 3 decent to good years and one lost season. Seriously we are all frustrated but stop being clowns, this thread, the thread on gonzales its like hey we had tons of problems so why attack the brightspots. Whats next an I hate pedy thread, sox fans really need some levity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Question for everyone about Beckett:
    [QUOTE] Beckett gets a free ride around here, second to only Buchholz. They both have each had one really good year, the rest is hyperbole.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Buccholz actually was among the best pitchers in the game after being recalled in August of 2009 through the begining of this season...but lets not let facts get in the way of a good pointless rant

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Question for everyone about Beckett:
    [QUOTE]No youk Beckett has had 1 amazing year, 3 decent to good years and one lost season. Seriously we are all frustrated but stop being clowns, this thread, the thread on gonzales its like hey we had tons of problems so why attack the brightspots. Whats next an I hate pedy thread, sox fans really need some levity.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

Beckett had a good year. Not a great year. When the Sox needed him the most, he failed. As for Gonzales, he had a great year if you just stare at his stats. But he was horrible against the really good teams like the yanks. That is when you are supposed to shine. So, although these 2 were brightspots, both (amongst others obviously) failed when the SOX needed them the most. And they get paid not to fail. Simple.