Question to Yankee fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Question to Yankee fans

This has nothing to do whether you are actually wanted here or not.  For although many are trolls, there are also many of you who are knowledgable and talk good baseball.

My question to you guys though is why do you want to be here in the first place?  I am a Sox fan, and therefore like to talk primarily about the Sox.  I have zero interest in going to a Yankee site and talking primarily about them.

Is it that you don't have a site of your own?  You would think that a team as popular as the Yankees would have multiple good sites.  You might say that there is good overall baseball talk here.  But Yankee fans, like Sox fans, are known to be among the most knowledgable about the game too.  So, why are you guys continually over here?

** Again, please don't take this as a complaint, but more of just wondering.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

Re: Question to Yankee fans

yanks lost today so no n
    one around to answer. check back tommorow

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

check back in a week or two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

because the question has been asked and answered repeatedly and winds up taken out of context leading to pizzing contests..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

What ... no Mets fans?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Question to Yankee fans:
    [QUOTE]because the question has been asked and answered repeatedly and winds up taken out of context leading to pizzing contests..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]I know it has been answered before but honestly I forgot the answer. Between the Drew, Ellsbury, Lowrie, Varitek, Wake Coma, Boy Blunder sux threads, the Wake, Tek, Drew are misunderstood threads and the RS are better than 27 NYY or the worst team in history depending on the day's results I forgot.

Seriously a lot of the NYY fans here (yourself included) are terrific contributors and better reads than some of the supposed RS fans. It might be worth explain the motivation to being a friendly competitor behind enemy lines? Worthwhile read to those interested and you must already know how to ignore what Hank Greenberg used to like to call the "Leather Lungs".

If folks want to find annoying trolls, go visit the Celtics Front Burner and check out my neighbors here in LA that post there. The Babe is a babe compared to those Laker dudes...to me except when he loses his cool Babe is a Smiley counter weight. :) 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question to Yankee fans : I know it has been answered before but honestly I forgot the answer. Between the Drew, Ellsbury, Lowrie, Varitek, Wake Coma, Boy Blunder sux threads, the Wake, Tek, Drew are misunderstood threads and the RS are better than 27 NYY or the worst team in history depending on the day's results I forgot. Seriously a lot of the NYY fans here (yourself included) are terrific contributors and better reads than some of the supposed RS fans. It might be worth explain the motivation to being a friendly competitor behind enemy lines? Worthwhile read to those interested and you must already know how to ignore what Hank Greenberg used to like to call the "Leather Lungs". If folks want to find annoying trolls, go visit the Celtics Front Burner and check out my neighbors here in LA that post there. The Babe is a babe compared to those Laker dudes...to me except when he loses his cool Babe is a Smiley counter weight. :) 
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]hey 5K, this is my experience, i was reading a 2006 article on the Celts (was a moderate Celts fan at the time), the article referenced BDC, so i went there to see if there was another article and i spotted the team tabs, i went to the Sox site to see what it was about, some of the Sox fans and a couple of Yanks fans were having a discussion as i read through those guys struck me as really bright baseball people, i wound up creating an account but continued just reading for about a week, the next week, i jumped in on a Pedro debate the guys were pretty cool so i started posting a couple of times a day mostly on weekends at first, i got to know the posters who were here often, i found myself really enjoying the talk, as with the current board there were some Sox fans who loved dumping on the Yanks, not unexpected i guess, that first year i was here was the one the Sox didn't make the postseason so i reasoned that was part of it,of course you guys put up #2 after that, it was after that season they shut down the board to make changes, while the board was down Zac found trufan.com and they all went over there i got an invite to join them,but upon the BDC relaunch i came back here off and on because some of the guys who i had come to consider friends like Hammah,Zill, Niz,Soxdog, Soups, blingblang,Beantowne,86RedSox, Since Yaz and Joe B stayed here so i would come back to catch up, while back here i got to know people like you,sjddaj(who authored), Mike Nagy, J-Bay, Jess, Steven, Moon, Babe,Carnie, Rizzuto and others i know i'm forgetting and much like then i enjoyed talking the game with you guys, it was also here that i met TulsaBulldog58(who we would lose later) a great Sox fan, gentleman and a person who i am better for having known...that's how i got to BDC...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question to Yankee fans :  It's a shame that, on a public forum, an explanation is warranted.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]It wasn't warranted, at least not on my behalf. I was curious is all and I appreciated reading how Jete found himslef part of the commmunity.

Thanks Jete, cool story!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Question to Yankee fans

boxers

pepsi

spicy

deep dish

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

...to me except when he loses his cool Babe is a Smiley counter weight. :) -- Katz
    -----------------------------------------------------

Leather lungs here. I beg to differ. Baby is not a counter weight to Beni. Beni posted on his own team's board about a rival team. Baby makes his insulting posts on his rival team's board. Beni never insulted anyone -- ever -- even when he was being abused. He only went after the Yankee players. Baby insults players and posters alike here. Beni made all his posts on his bi-weekly threads. Baby spreads his insulting comments throughout the board. Beni was attacked and abused by Yankee fans who, instead of avoiding one thread, would spend all day there. They also constantly told him he had multiple aliases, and that he made up stories. He didn't. And he took stories right out of the news. Baby is not attacked by RS fans, as a matter of fact they banter with him back and forth all the time, hardly even mentioning his constant insults to the players and fans. Beni is 25. Baby is a middle-aged man. I could go on, but I'm sure you get my point, and my leather lungs are wearing out. :)

I can't think of any Yankee fan who actually comes here to discuss baseball, maybe Jete, but overall they seem to be here to just guard the board against anyone who says anything negative about the Yankees. They have to make sure we "keep it real" -- even when talking about the Sox. I'll bet no other board has to constantly explain every post to their rival fans like the Sox fans have to do here, unless it's on the other boards these Yankee fans post on.

FTR, I believe Yankee fans would be embarrassed by some of the Yankee fans representing them here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]...to me except when he loses his cool Babe is a Smiley counter weight. :) -- Katz ----------------------------------------------------- Leather lungs here. I beg to differ. Baby is not a counter weight to Beni. Beni posted on his own team's board about a rival team. Baby makes his insulting posts on his rival team's board. Beni never insulted anyone -- ever -- even when he was being abused. He only went after the Yankee players. Baby insults players and posters alike here. Beni made all his posts on his bi-weekly threads. Baby spreads his insulting comments throughout the board. Beni was attacked and abused by Yankee fans who, instead of avoiding one thread, would spend all day there. They also constantly told him he had multiple aliases, and that he made up stories. He didn't. And he took stories right out of the news. Baby is not attacked by RS fans, as a matter of fact they banter with him back and forth all the time, hardly even mentioning his constant insults to the players and fans. Beni is 25. Baby is a middle-aged man. I could go on, but I'm sure you get my point, and my leather lungs are wearing out. :) I can't think of any Yankee fan who actually comes here to discuss baseball, maybe Jete, but overall they seem to be here to just guard the board against anyone who says anything negative about the Yankees. They have to make sure we "keep it real" -- even when talking about the Sox. I'll bet no other board has to constantly explain every post to their rival fans like the Sox fans have to do here, unless it's on the other boards they post on.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] I get your point. Let me clarify. I don't take either of them very seriously and they are different kinds of "noise' to me. I am sure more folks being this a RS borad find Babe more of an issue. Beni usually posts crazy over the top stuff about the NYY. So I tend to blow off most of his threads as homer trash talk. Babe is an intentional annoyance. He nit picks posts and says negative stuff just to say negative stuff.

After awhile I find Babe to be a bit of a cartoon character too. I grant you Beni in theory is just posting "smack" in what one would consider a room full of receptive ears. Babe comes to annoy RS fans because he is NYY fan. But while I stopped paying attention long ago Kim, could it be that Beni sometimes like to bait the NYY posters here?

It is my choice but I see no reason not to treat the NYY fans with respect, so long as they treat me and others here that do the same to them I think Jesseyeric was a great read and it is too bleeping bad he isn't posting any more. NHSteve, Jete and Zac are OK in my book too.

There are more a few supposed RS fans that treat others with a lot less respect that IMO are a detraction from this site. Sometimes it is good to hear how the other jersey sees thngs, we do get a myopic view at moments because we are fans of our tem after all.  It is nice IMO not to always be in an echo chamber.

Just my takes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

From my limited time posting I've enjoyed reading and talking with posters such as zac and jete. Although I really wish whoever that guy who joined just to post "DEREK JETER" in every topic would go home. Or get a better hobby at least.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Well, if you like men who tell women to S*T*F*U, then you like JE. You also like him if you like middle-aged Yankee fans who pose as Sox fans on baseball forums. 

As for Zac, who also posed as a Sox fan on another site, when I first came to this board, I made a thread about the Yankees buying up all the best free agents and what that could mean down the road. Zac, basically, ran me off the board. I didn't defend myself then because it's really not my nature to fight with someone on a message board, and just couldn't deal with him anymore. I, honestly, think they know who to go after --usually new posters or posters that don't really know everyone -- and they schmooze the rest. Some posters don't notice when "smaller league" posters are being abused. It's not on their radar.

When I came back to find out if anyone was saying anything about Cliff Lee and where he was going (I was looking everywhere at the time as were probably a lot of people), I saw that the same thing that happened to me was happening to other posters here. I just thought that's not right, and someone has to say something. I defend myself now as well as other posters who are part of the "unseen" minority.

I'm amazed you don't know that there aren't many posters here who don't feel the way you do. Do you really believe that's just a coincidence?  Do you really believe they haven't rid the board of detractors?  Zac is still doing it now. He's still got me on his radar, and in a recent post he's going after CC because she posts about the Yankees. Someone has to wake up and smell the coffee, and it's not me. This is a fan forum. Where are the fans that aren't objective, and can talk freely here about their rivals (like every other team board on the Internet -- including Yankee boards)?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I'll make my own assessments thank you very much. I think I've only been a few weeks but I haven't seen any of this "unwarrented abuse". I'll keep my eyes peeled though Innocent

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Question to Yankee fans:
    [QUOTE]This has nothing to do whether you are actually wanted here or not.  For although many are trolls, there are also many of you who are knowledgable and talk good baseball. My question to you guys though is why do you want to be here in the first place?  I am a Sox fan, and therefore like to talk primarily about the Sox.  I have zero interest in going to a Yankee site and talking primarily about them. Is it that you don't have a site of your own?  You would think that a team as popular as the Yankees would have multiple good sites.  You might say that there is good overall baseball talk here.  But Yankee fans, like Sox fans, are known to be among the most knowledgable about the game too.  So, why are you guys continually over here? ** Again, please don't take this as a complaint, but more of just wondering.
    Posted by sjddaj[/QUOTE]

They can't let go of the holy hell of 2004.  My brother is a Yankee fan and he literally burned every bit of his Yank memorabilia including 2 Mickey Mantle rookie baseball cards which were very valuable.  Lol.  I watched the Yankee fans leave the sports bar after the Sox beat them in game 7 at the Stadium.  They staggered around the parking lot as if they were extras in the classic horror film Night of the Living Dead.  Some actually damaged their cars.  They have never recovered from that series and never will.  Lolol.  They hang around here because in their heart of heart they want to be Red Sox fans. 

Sections
Shortcuts