Question: Why are you here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Question: Why are you here?

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here?:
    In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : Sheldon is the man!!...
    Posted by jete02fan

Ever see that episode with Sheldon & Leonard's mother?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I am so tired of this silliness. Pike - doesn't matter who you are or why any of us originally came here. It is now my mission to rid this forum of you. You are the only thing that is bad for this forum. Sox fans are not allowed to express displeasure with the team. Yankee fans are not allowed to express their opinion on the rivalry. Overzealous Yankee and Sox fans cannot partake in good natured trash talking. Who the bloody h*ll are you to tell people what they can and cannot do? You are the most disliked person I have ever encountered on an internet forum. Most here don't like and bless those souls who tolerate you. And Kim - if you keep aligning yourself with Pike - then you reap what you sow.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Right on the mark; however, despite what he's done to me & others, I don't think he's a terrible guy; largely just bored.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : Actually I never said I didnt like Andrew, you did Pike. Do I think he tends to obcess over certain players yes, but then again youve been known to be obcessive yourself no? Secondly, It's not my place to tell someone how to post. Lastly, it doesnt matter since you wont be on the gamethreads this season, right ?? 
    Posted by J-BAY
    Andrew is actually a pretty smart guy, imo he just couldn't bring himself to see past Drew's rep

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : Ever see that episode with Sheldon & Leonard's mother?
    Posted by nhsteven
    i think so, wasn't that an X-Mas episode?.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : What's next ....... is your keyboard gonna beat up his keyboard?
    Posted by TBINFL

Babe - I don't get into your conversation, I ask you to please not get into mine. What Pike did with me is of no concern to you. But I am editing part of my original post as that was frustration and anger talking. No reason for that here, so thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Question:  This thread is a day old and already has 11 pages of posts.  Does it have enough legs to overtake Athletes and Religion?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : SPACEMAN.....  Not sure about the legs.... However, I think the THUMBS are next !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Yike Bill.  Undisclosed thumb injuries to #2 starter and closer on final weekend of ST?  Really?  Weird, worrisome.  Well, as we are used to saying, Thank God for Alfredo Aceves.  Might be starting and closing the first week of the season.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : Yike Bill.  Undisclosed thumb injuries to #2 starter and closer on final weekend of ST?  Really?  Weird, worrisome.  Well, as we are used to saying, Thank God for Alfredo Aceves.  Might be starting and closing the first week of the season.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Double thumbwrestling injuries?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : Double thumbwrestling injuries?
    Posted by Yukon-Cornelius

Tiddlywinks?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Roy, did I start the threads about Religion and the Trevnor Martin. Did I start two dozen threads about Chickengate. Do I start the ten BS threads each day from Bill-806. I have started about ten threads per week about baseball and often they provide a link to an article that I found informative. Such threads don't get read because the majority of the forum would prefer that I start a thread about Yankee injuries. Those threads get the most action because of the number of Yankee fans here and their appetite to engage into a pizzing contest. Those threads draw Zac, TWM, NHSteven, Babe, and Jessey like cow flop draws flies. Who knows the new Beni might even be a Yankee fan and such threads keep them entertained. Threads about the Sox prospects, their farm, and Red Sox players draw few responses. You must be aware of this fact. How about the Caption threads, why are they more popular than responding to threads from Moonslav, Bommerang, RKarp, Katz, and UK-Tom. Why - is it because of the peanut gallery preference stated by Examiner in the OP. Yes, sounds like the barker in front of the Fun House on the carnival midway " Come to the Fun House folks, everyone has fun at the old Fun House". All the kiddies arrive and can't get their fill of it. After all that is what the forum is for so say the above folks.
    Posted by lowelll

I wasn't going to jump back in, but I'm waiting for some friends to come to go biking, so I figured I'd kill some time.

First, I don't mind the occasional non-baseball threads. If you don't like them, don't go to those threads. I have broad interests, so it's fun to discuss something else occasionally w/o going to another board. They really don't pop up as often as you think, and when they do, they're usually in dead times. 

Second, the so-called chickengate issue was a legitimate topic, even if many posters went over the top. Hot topics tend to get multiple threads.It's unfortunate that some posters feel the need to start new threads instead of commenting on an existing one, but it is what it is.

And yes, Bill's schtick does get old at times. He's always near the line of being a strong poster and a joke, and does cross the line now and then. He does deserve a figurative slap at times when you come here and there are seven or eight threads on the front page that he started close together. And while some are stupid and are deserving of ridicule, they are baseball/Red Sox related and most importantly, many of them do lead to interesting discussions.

While there are many times where I just roll my eyes at Bill's posts and want to tell him to get a grip, this board is stronger with him here than without him.

Third, if you do start 10 threads a week on baseball topics, great. It seems high -- you post so often as the message board police that it's hard to notice other posts -- but then again, I don't pay attention too much to who starts threads.

Yesterday (Sunday), there were quite a few baseball related threads -- some good ones. You didn't show up on any of them except one where you didn't post anything related to the thread.

And how do you know your threads aren't being read. Just because there aren't a lot of follow-up posts, it doesn't mean that the thread isn't being read. This board only tallies posts, not views (like some other boards do.)

Fourth, you're overstating the perceived problem of legitimate threads not being viewed or discussed. Sure, some don't get many posts but others do. Part of it is that there are a lot more good threads started than you think. Threads like the caption threads, which don't draw as many responses as you think, are a fun diversion. For everyone one thread like those, there are 10 to 20 threads on on the Sox. And let's face it, many of the issues on the Sox have been discussed many times, so when one of those threads pop up, it's something new.

Fifth, as for the Yankees stuff. Again there are some good threads and some stupid ones. I rarely post on any of them unless something strikes me -- as we all are. For the most part, this board does have something for everyone. It has plenty of topics for good discussion, it has some fun mindless diversions, it has stupid threads and inflamatory threads. 

Finally, that you feel the need to be the board police shows you're not interested in being part of the solution -- if one is needed. While some revel in their identity as being Francona bashers, Ellsbury bashers, yankee bashers, or whatever, you revel in you identity as being a board policeman.

If you're serious about the "problem" as you see it and have stated in numerous posts, then you wouldn't start threads like this or comment on other threads on whether or not the topic or poster is "worthy" of a response. Just focus on the many serious topics that are on the board and ignore the rest. It ain't rocket science.

You rail about posters starting non-baseball threads and posters who aren't interested in serious discussion and how it turns this into a bad board, yet 90 percent of your postings are just like that. It becomes a self-fulling prophecy.

You at the forefront into turning the board into something you're supposedly against. If you can't see that, well, you're not stupid, so the only conclusion is that you want to be the kind of poster you claim to be against.

There are so many posts on this thread, I guess we need one of your other identies to come tell us that you're not really serious about what your posting -- that you're just baiting us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : Tiddlywinks?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

More likely a circle jerk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : More likely a circle jerk.
    Posted by TBINFL

Thats it Babe.  We're going to fisticuffs now and Pike/Kim/Lowell/etc. can say I told ya so.  POWWWW.  Right to the moon!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : Thats it Babe.  We're going to fisticuffs now and Pike/Kim/Lowell/etc. can say I told ya so.  POWWWW.  Right to the moon!!!
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Tongue Out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Question: Why are you here? : I wasn't going to jump back in, but I'm waiting for some friends to come to go biking, so I figured I'd kill some time. First, I don't mind the occasional non-baseball threads. If you don't like them, don't go to those threads. I have broad interests, so it's fun to discuss something else occasionally w/o going to another board. They really don't pop up as often as you think, and when they do, they're usually in dead times.  Second, the so-called chickengate issue was a legitimate topic, even if many posters went over the top. Hot topics tend to get multiple threads.It's unfortunate that some posters feel the need to start new threads instead of commenting on an existing one, but it is what it is. And yes, Bill's schtick does get old at times. He's always near the line of being a strong poster and a joke, and does cross the line now and then. He does deserve a figurative slap at times when you come here and there are seven or eight threads on the front page that he started close together. And while some are stupid and are deserving of ridicule, they are baseball/Red Sox related and most importantly, many of them do lead to interesting discussions. While there are many times where I just roll my eyes at Bill's posts and want to tell him to get a grip, this board is stronger with him here than without him. Third, if you do start 10 threads a week on baseball topics, great. It seems high -- you post so often as the message board police that it's hard to notice other posts -- but then again, I don't pay attention too much to who starts threads. Yesterday (Sunday), there were quite a few baseball related threads -- some good ones. You didn't show up on any of them except one where you didn't post anything related to the thread. And how do you know your threads aren't being read. Just because there aren't a lot of follow-up posts, it doesn't mean that the thread isn't being read. This board only tallies posts, not views (like some other boards do.) Fourth, you're overstating the perceived problem of legitimate threads not being viewed or discussed. Sure, some don't get many posts but others do. Part of it is that there are a lot more good threads started than you think. Threads like the caption threads, which don't draw as many responses as you think, are a fun diversion. For everyone one thread like those, there are 10 to 20 threads on on the Sox. And let's face it, many of the issues on the Sox have been discussed many times, so when one of those threads pop up, it's something new. Fifth, as for the Yankees stuff. Again there are some good threads and some stupid ones. I rarely post on any of them unless something strikes me -- as we all are. For the most part, this board does have something for everyone. It has plenty of topics for good discussion, it has some fun mindless diversions, it has stupid threads and inflamatory threads.  Finally, that you feel the need to be the board police shows you're not interested in being part of the solution -- if one is needed. While some revel in their identity as being Francona bashers, Ellsbury bashers, yankee bashers, or whatever, you revel in you identity as being a board policeman. If you're serious about the "problem" as you see it and have stated in numerous posts, then you wouldn't start threads like this or comment on other threads on whether or not the topic or poster is "worthy" of a response. Just focus on the many serious topics that are on the board and ignore the rest. It ain't rocket science. You rail about posters starting non-baseball threads and posters who aren't interested in serious discussion and how it turns this into a bad board, yet 90 percent of your postings are just like that. It becomes a self-fulling prophecy. You at the forefront into turning the board into something you're supposedly against. If you can't see that, well, you're not stupid, so the only conclusion is that you want to be the kind of poster you claim to be against. There are so many posts on this thread, I guess we need one of your other identies to come tell us that you're not really serious about what your posting -- that you're just baiting us.
    Posted by royf19

He is a troll.  

It's rather brilliant yet slightly sociopathic.  He is a troll that pretends to be trying to rid the board of trolls.  

There really is no other possible explanation.  To think that he may actually be sincere is just way too much to fathom.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

"Let me be clear", Dad & Bill-806 are here to redistribute humor & morale to our beloved Red Sox and board members !!!!!!     Go Sox & Bobby V. too !!!!

"humor" = racism

"morale" = depression, frustration and boredom

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

This thread is a potent reminder of Pike's long-running campaign to disrupt this forum. Who knows how many accounts of his, like "lowellll," are just lying around waiting to be dusted off and returned to service.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

"Let me be clear", Dad & Bill-806 are here to redistribute humor & morale to our beloved Red Sox and board members !!!!!!     Go Sox & Bobby V. too !!!!
    BOY, we have come a long way in the past year  !!!

2 years genius.  I see you haven't come a long way....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

It was this or jail, and I am presently reapplying to the judge.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm here because I moved away from Maine in 2004 and had nobody to talk Sox with.

Sox4ever

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i get paid to be here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

How come I don,t get paid?  I'm here. And as a matter of fact, I am here and I don't see you, so I should be paid and you should not.   Of course you could be over there, but I don't know if over there gets paid, and if so , what the pay scale is.  This is more confusing  and harder to answer than the  " Why Are You Here ? "  thread, which probably gets all philosophical, religious, and metaphysical.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

i get paid to be here.

AHA!  Did you just confess to being one of the phantom mods?  :-)

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Sections
Shortcuts