Questionable Cherrington deals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Questionable Cherrington deals

Hindsight is 100% , so I am not second guessing Cherry. But Stephen Drew for $9.5 mil, when Iggy was there waiting, and Drew was no certainty, not like he was Jeter Scutaro, omg wait we had Scutaro, how did he go last year? Drew's main problem is he's a Drew, enough with the Drew's already. Remember DL Drew, who patroled right for half of his time here, the other half he was on the DL. Drew  finnished badly last year , stock should have dropped, Sox bit, bad bite.

Same scenario with Hanrahan , if he pitches well down the stretch , for the Pirates and the Pirates are in the playoffs, he pitches lousy, wild, like he is now and the Pirates are gone. Never should have signed Hanrahan or Drew. Oh well , they are winning for the moment, will it last? Not unless they get $18.5 mil worth of payroll performing as Cherrington expected.

I like Ross, Gomes, Dempster, Victorino I think is past it, but he can run, and he gets the bat on the ball. Drew and Hanrahan could irradicated the positives from unloading , Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzo.

Aussie Will

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Questionable Cherrington deals

This is a very silly post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Aussie,

Drew may be gone by trade deadline. I believe Hanrahan is a FA after this year. A good deal was for Uehara, he's lights out. It's still early and I think bats will pick up when it gets warmer. Even though there seams to be a power outage, I know it's on another thread, the pitching and defense is really nice. I'm going to say yay or nay with the questionable deals. At least cherrington didn't go out and do Theo Epstien type deals that would kill this team down the road.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Drew has had what, 20 AB's and really didnt have a spring training? The guy has an impressive history when healthy of being a very productive SS.

As long as Hanrahan is healthy and throwing 96-98, he will be a big contributor to the pen...

There has not been IMO a single surprise so far in this season...strong starting pitching, excellant pen, very good defense, some shuffling needed with the positional players. Everyone knew Gomes was more a platoon type, Victorino not a star but an energy guy that plays very good defense. I think the offense comes down to how Ellsbury, Napoli and Papi hit once they settle in... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Actually, I think that Ben has done a pretty good job....  Iggy should be at SS, But DREWS $$$ has trumped that for now.......  As we all agree, the "Dodger DUMP" was brilliant !!  Bradley should at least get another month (just like Pedroia did) an he will because "BIG PAPI" will not be walking thru that door on friday....... Ben has done a heck of a job with the B P..... Can't wait to see this Webster kid from the Dodger$ ....

Shouldn't he get 600 at bats in AAA like Pedroia too?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Actually, I think that Ben has done a pretty good job....  Iggy should be at SS, But DREWS $$$ has trumped that for now.......  As we all agree, the "Dodger DUMP" was brilliant !!  Bradley should at least get another month (just like Pedroia did) an he will because "BIG PAPI" will not be walking thru that door on friday....... Ben has done a heck of a job with the B P..... Can't wait to see this Webster kid from the Dodger$ ....

Shouldn't he get 600 at bats in AAA like Pedroia too?

WHY  ????   This kid is going to be a star for years to come.....  That 600 bat stuff can be overcooked !!

You can't compare him to Pedroia, if he hasn't had the same development. Pedroia played parts of two season in AAA. He had about the same amount of at bats in AA but had much better stats. BTW Pedroia when his struggles were happening was driving the ball. People thought he should try puting it on the ground more because they felt he didn't have any power. Extremely different players with different development tracks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Yes, Questionable deals.

I would have gone with Iggy and I think Ben needs to spend more time in McCoy.

Obviously the Ortiz signing is not one of my favs.  Here we are more then a half of season listening to that he has a heel strain.  He is not even one of the better players for the Pawsox at the moment.

Yes because every one in Pawtucket has had 10 at bats with no spring training too?

Why should anyone trusted Iglesias after last season?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, Questionable deals.

Obviously the Ortiz signing is not one of my favs.  Here we are more then a half of season listening to that he has a heel strain.  He is not even one of the better players for the Pawsox at the moment.

Yes because every one in Pawtucket has had 10 at bats with no spring training too?

Are you using the no spring training as an excuse?  Most on here were preaching how well he was doing in extended spring training.  But thanks for admitting that Ortiz having no spring training, has put him behind even the triple A players.

More BS.

Fans were commening on Ortiz's improvement health-wise.

Performance in ST or extended ST is meaningless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Yes, Questionable deals.

Are you using the no spring training as an excuse?  Most on here were preaching how well he was doing in extended spring training.  But thanks for admitting that Ortiz having no spring training, has put him behind even the triple A players.

He is not in AAA to prove himself, it is solely to act as a replacement for ST. In AAA he should struggle with timing like it is March 10th. I don't understand your problem. Do you think a rehab assignments should be treated like a developing a player? The CBA disagrees with you capping a rehab assignment at 21 days. This is the reason I don't mind Drew's struggles because you get a lot at bats in spring training, you need to make them up somewhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

looks like Aceves is going up against Masterson (3-0) today - should be a good game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yes, Questionable deals.

Whaaaat?  You're basing this on 11 AB's in Pawtucket, in which he has 3 hits and 3 RBI?  This is a candidate for wackiest post of the year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Drew is like Jed Lowrie a good hitting SS and just gets the job done defensively. Iggy needs thetime in AAA to get hitting in. BTW he is not his brother and has had one injury the ankle so do not start mixing up the debate.

Hannrahan has 3 saves and 1 BS almost 2 while he pitched with a hammie issue.

Aussie down under check your facts before you post.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ah, the old WE COULD HAVE KEPT SCUTARO nonsense.  Guess what position Scutaro played with the Giants Aussiewill.  Guess why he played that positon.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If Papi doesn't walk through that door someone else will because JBJ needs to be with the SeaDogs before he loses his confidence at the plate.

The choices for position players on the 40 man roster are limited to Brock, Iggy, Hassan and three catchers. My guess Hassan gets DFA and they add Linares or Maier or Brentz to the 40 and bring one of those three up. The other option DFA Hassan and trade for Julio Borbon.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Yes, Questionable deals.

Whaaaat?  You're basing this on 11 AB's in Pawtucket, in which he has 3 hits and 3 RBI?  This is a candidate for wackiest post of the year.

No I am basing it on that Ortiz has been out for over a half of season with a heel strain.  I am basing it on that he has missed three games since being in Pawtucket. Possibly he comes back to fenway and produces like he did this time last year, I would just feel better about that prediction if he first goes yard at McCoy before arriving in Boston.

When are you going to come clean with this unhealthy Ortiz obsession you have that's been going on for years?!  

Did you walk up to him in a restaurant while he was having dinner and he refused to sign something?

Are you a closet Yankee fan and still upset over 2004?

Were you his wife Tiffany's high school sweetheart and you're still not over her?

Seriously, what is it? The first step in getting help for an unhealthy obsession is to admit you have one before you can get over it, and it's definitely time that you get over it...

Sections
Shortcuts