Questionable Cherrington deals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Questionable Cherrington deals

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Yes, Questionable deals.

I would have gone with Iggy and I think Ben needs to spend more time in McCoy.

Obviously the Ortiz signing is not one of my favs.  Here we are more then a half of season listening to that he has a heel strain.  He is not even one of the better players for the Pawsox at the moment.

Whaaaat?  You're basing this on 11 AB's in Pawtucket, in which he has 3 hits and 3 RBI?  This is a candidate for wackiest post of the year.

No I am basing it on that Ortiz has been out for over a half of season with a heel strain.  I am basing it on that he has missed three games since being in Pawtucket. Possibly he comes back to fenway and produces like he did this time last year, I would just feel better about that prediction if he first goes yard at McCoy before arriving in Boston.

When Ortiz is in the lineup he is the most productive offensive force we have. His numbers from last year prove that. He changes the whole look of our lineup and protects some of the other players by his presence. There is no reasonable debate that he is not still a very good hitter. That said, the concerns about getting him healthy enough to play are real. He was scratched on Monday for heel pain but somehow made it back into the lineup yesterday. There is a good chance that the $2M he would have to forfeit if he cannot play with the Sox by Friday has something to do with that. Is he being allowed to play despite his persistent injury, and will he make it back any time soon fully healthy? These are very real concerns.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Yes, Questionable deals.

Obviously the Ortiz signing is not one of my favs.  Here we are more then a half of season listening to that he has a heel strain.  He is not even one of the better players for the Pawsox at the moment.

Whaaaat?  You're basing this on 11 AB's in Pawtucket, in which he has 3 hits and 3 RBI?  This is a candidate for wackiest post of the year.

No I am basing it on that Ortiz has been out for over a half of season with a heel strain.  I am basing it on that he has missed three games since being in Pawtucket. Possibly he comes back to fenway and produces like he did this time last year, I would just feel better about that prediction if he first goes yard at McCoy before arriving in Boston.

When are you going to come clean with this unhealthy Ortiz obsession you have that's been going on for years?!  

Did you walk up to him in a restaurant while he was having dinner and he refused to sign something?

Are you a closet Yankee fan and still upset over 2004?

Were you his wife Tiffany's high school sweetheart and you're still not over her?

Seriously, what is it? The first step in getting help for an unhealthy obsession is to admit you have one before you can get over it, and it's definitely time that you get over it...

The question should be to you & ALL......  When are you going to come to grips that the "BIG PAPI" WE KNOW, could be/is  DONE ????  Do the math......  1/Got hurt last July.... 2/ Came back in August for one game, then had to shut down.......  3/Obviously he didn't/couldn't run all last fall/winter.......  4/ ditto for SPRING TRAINING...........  As the last great S O S once said,   "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Yes, Questionable deals.

When Ortiz is in the lineup he is the most productive offensive force we have. His numbers from last year prove that. He changes the whole look of our lineup and protects some of the other players by his presence. There is no reasonable debate that he is not still a very good hitter. That said, the concerns about getting him healthy enough to play are real. He was scratched on Monday for heel pain but somehow made it back into the lineup yesterday. There is a good chance that the $2M he would have to forfeit if he cannot play with the Sox by Friday has something to do with that. Is he being allowed to play despite his persistent injury, and will he make it back any time soon fully healthy? These are very real concerns.

He is scheduled to play tonight and if he does it will be the first time since last july that he has played in consecutive games.

He's got to make it back by Friday to avoid losing $2M. I wonder how his contract is worded: if he has to go back on the DL later in the season due to heel problems does he also forfeit that money? I am pretty sure that for two million he is going to do everything he can to be here on Friday, but if his heel is not completely healed he is bound to be back on the DL in short order and, I suspect, again forfeits $2M.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Yes, Questionable deals.

When are you going to come clean with this unhealthy Ortiz obsession you have that's been going on for years?!  

Did you walk up to him in a restaurant while he was having dinner and he refused to sign something?

Were you his wife Tiffany's high school sweetheart and you're still not over her?

Seriously, what is it? The first step in getting help for an unhealthy obsession is to admit you have one before you can get over it, and it's definitely time that you get over it...

The question should be to you & ALL......  When are you going to come to grips that the "BIG PAPI" WE KNOW, could be/is  DONE ????  Do the math......  1/Got hurt last July.... 2/ Came back in August for one game, then had to shut down.......  3/Obviously he didn't/couldn't run all last fall/winter.......  4/ ditto for SPRING TRAINING...........  As the last great S O S once said,   "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!

I did not see jasko's remarks the first time.  Jasko, thanks for sounding like many others on this forum. Just posting what I see, thanks for the feedback.  There is another game tonight where we all get to see where David is on his road back to Boston.

Let me guess...You'll be sitting behind home plate sticking pins into a miniature Ortiz doll?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Yes, Questionable deals.

I did not see jasko's remarks the first time.  Jasko, thanks for sounding like many others on this forum. Just posting what I see, thanks for the feedback.  There is another game tonight where we all get to see where David is on his road back to Boston.

Let me guess...You'll be sitting behind home plate sticking pins into a miniature Ortiz doll?

No but I actually took the drive down 95 to see Ortiz in person.  Luckily I went to the home opener because he has not played much since.  No pin sticking just opinions, of which this forum is made up.

Out of your 2500+ posts, AT LEAST 2000 of them are negative references about Ortiz, but keep telling yourself that's normal, Slugger...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

There's a mighty big difference between 'could be done', and 'is done'.  You've said many times that he 'is done'.  But the reports all indicate he'll be back playing soon.  Then what will you say - will you be able to 'come to grips with it'?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Actually, I think that Ben has done a pretty good job....  Iggy should be at SS, But DREWS $$$ has trumped that for now.......  As we all agree, the "Dodger DUMP" was brilliant !!  Bradley should at least get another month (just like Pedroia did) an he will because "BIG PAPI" will not be walking thru that door on friday....... Ben has done a heck of a job with the B P..... Can't wait to see this Webster kid from the Dodger$ ....

Pedroia started to hit in his 22nd game and had a lowest BA of nearly twice Bradley's current BA....as a middle infielder.  Do you know anything?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Actually, I think that Ben has done a pretty good job....  Iggy should be at SS, But DREWS $$$ has trumped that for now.......  As we all agree, the "Dodger DUMP" was brilliant !!  Bradley should at least get another month (just like Pedroia did) an he will because "BIG PAPI" will not be walking thru that door on friday....... Ben has done a heck of a job with the B P..... Can't wait to see this Webster kid from the Dodger$ ....

Pedroia started to hit in his 22nd game and had a lowest BA of nearly twice Bradley's current BA....as a middle infielder.  Do you know anything?

unfortunately for us he knows how to type and use the internet.. aside form that his skills are limited.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

To the OP...You lose absolutely ALL credibility when you say you dont want Stephen Drew because of his last name. How could anyone take you seriously as a knowledgeable baseball fan? Answer: They cant...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

There's a mighty big difference between 'could be done', and 'is done'.  You've said many times that he 'is done'.  But the reports all indicate he'll be back playing soon.  Then what will you say - will you be able to 'come to grips with it'?

Why wait..... What is your opinion in % of yes or no ????/   I would say that there is an 80% chance he is DONE, and Im being kind !!!   ( You can have the same conversation about Kobe Bryant)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Remember, papi only has to DH when he comes back.

He'll be back soon.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Why wait..... What is your opinion in % of yes or no ????/   I would say that there is an 80% chance he is DONE, and Im being kind !!!   ( You can have the same conversation about Kobe Bryant)

My opinion is 100% that he isn't done.  Bryant isn't done either for that matter.  You have very little faith in the human body's ability to heal.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think Iglesias's defensive impact is over-stated.  It's flashy and fun to watch, but when all is said and done, if we can have an average SS with very good offensive skills for $9M and one year, it's a no-brainer.  Drew looks healthy, and the risk appears to have paid off.  Iglesias needs more time and if he can't develop at the plate, then we should trade him while he still holds some value. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I think Iglesias's defensive impact is over-stated.  It's flashy and fun to watch, but when all is said and done, if we can have an average SS with very good offensive skills for $9M and one year, it's a no-brainer.  Drew looks healthy, and the risk appears to have paid off.  Iglesias needs more time and if he can't develop at the plate, then we should trade him while he still holds some value. 

It's a NO brainer alright, as in having no brain.

;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Papi: No question he can hit the baseball, but nothing counts unless you can make it around the bases. Does anyone remember his breakdown trying to run the bases from first last year when the batter behind him hit it out? It doesn't get easier than that.

The real question is what kind of starting rotation help we might have got for Papi's money plus a little. For that money plus what we're paying Drew we might have gotten some top shelf talent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Remember, papi only has to DH when he comes back.

He'll be back soon.

Just for the record, a D H needs to run from time to time....If we remember, he 1st pulled the heel in a Homerun trot (not his) ...........  BTW, 0-4 last night at Pawtucket.....  ???????